Okay, have you heard of putting Fruit Loops on people's lawns before rain?

JadenLayne said:
My child would not participate in stealing anything, like for sale signs. It is limited to the forking (which we buy) and the TP (which we buy). The Fruit Loops is just a hear say thing and I don't know anyone who has actually done it. Anything that he did for fun to friends would NOT be anything stolen and would not involve anything like eggs or salt. The only thing they use is the Forks and TP. Nothing else although I think buying some Pink Flamingos would go over well.

I don't blame anyone for not wanting their children to steal, that's a whole different thing.

I know it was not you but some of the "harmless" fun mentioned sounded a bit over the top.
I know some organizations around here that use the flamingo "flocking" as a fundraiser...and it sounds like fun....The organization also removes the flock so unless a person is reallly uptight about having plastic birds on their lawn...its all good.

Where I grew up, in NE Ohio, it was done in fun to friends. The kids of the house were responsible for cleaning the house up. We only TP'd.
I guess since I was around it growing up and knew that it was all in good fun, that I would be okay with it now, as an Adult. My kids would be cleaning it up though!

Kelly

My friend & her husband were flocked by flamingos on their recent anniversary by a charity. They got a kick out of it. The charity even comes in a couple of days & removes them. :)

Forking is old-school, I used to do it with my brother, sister, and buddies in junior high! Funny thing is...my Dad drove the "getaway car"!:rotfl2::thumbsup2

We would pick someone we knew, like a friend from church or something. Then buy as many plastic forks as you can and put them all over the yard! The next morning...bam! One time a kid kinda got freaked out by it but it was in good fun. They never knew who did it which made it even more exciting.

As long as it doesn't damage property, I think it's harmless. I would probably laugh my head off if we got hit like that.
back to the original question, how would youe ever get the fruit loops cleaned up after their wet? Plus, can you imagine all the ants?
If you get "froot looped", try this...mow your lawn with a bag attachment, find the culprit, and return his cereal immediately! LOLOL:laughing:

This does not sound at all like "fun" to me.

Prank wars in general make me uncomfortable. I find they get out of hand way too easily. The flamingos for charity, I'd be OK with, but I definitely think salt on a lawn would kill the grass and be awfully expensive to fix. The sign stuff is stealing, and The TP is just gross. It would either get wet in the rain and be impossible to remove, or bits would get missed and blow all over. Who wants their neighborhood to look like a restroom floor?

I'll chalk this up to yet another reason I'm glad my kid isn't a football player.

This does not sound at all like "fun" to me.

Prank wars in general make me uncomfortable. I find they get out of hand way too easily. The flamingos for charity, I'd be OK with, but I definitely think salt on a lawn would kill the grass and be awfully expensive to fix. The sign stuff is stealing, and The TP is just gross. It would either get wet in the rain and be impossible to remove, or bits would get missed and blow all over. Who wants their neighborhood to look like a restroom floor?

I'll chalk this up to yet another reason I'm glad my kid isn't a football player.
My son played football all 4 years of high school. It was a tradition for the cheerleaders to TP the Varsity team before certain events. However, the cheerleaders called every single parent first to get permission. If you didn't want your house TP'd, nobody pressured you into it.

EDIT: ugh, sorry!! Just saw this was back from the dead.

I would not be happy with any of these things happening on my private property. And, I really don't consider myself that grumpy, either.

Not the same but - my DH was fertilizing the lawn and put out extra to spell my name. Oops - Killed the grass. Had my name written out in dead grass for a while. It was funny!

Zombie thread
walking-zombie-smiley-emoticon.gif

Forking, rolling, flowering...not a big deal. IMO The jigsaw puzzles would be a pain, but eggs, salt, gasoline, etc....not cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter