Okay going to Disney 2003 but I need help!

TotallyLuvTigger

Earning My Ears
I am pretty sure I am going to do the 3 day land-4 day sea trip. Now here is my questions??

1. How much do you think I need for food for those 3 days? My son will be 11 1/2 by then.

2. What about spending money? I was thinking 300.00 for the parks and 400 for the cruise. Or am I crazy?

3. Please help me with some easy reward programs. To earn GC for food or anything. Cause I will trade them for Disney dollars on other boards.

4. I started my change jar yesterday. Down payment comes from Taxes. Going to be asking for Disney Dollars for gifts. Also any flexspending money goes to Disney trip so at Dec. 2002 I will have 950 there.

Any ideas would be great. I am already getting quotes.

Could I do better myself...booking 3 day park myself and cruise seperatley.

Thanks so much!!!

Have your Son earn and save his spending money,then he gets to spend it anyway he wants to without Discussion from Mom. Our Dd takes $100. for 10 days.
This last trip I budgeted $100.per person and that was more than enough!! Any more stuff and the Airport would have CHARGED us for Extra baggage!!

Reward Programs had the bottom fall out with the Technoligy Recession,But check the Rewards Board,here at Dis!!

It sounds like you got a handle on saving the money!!

I doubt that you'll need $400. for the cruise unless you plan on doing lots of shopping at the ports. I bought some cruise pictures and a few things in Nassau and Castaway Cay and I ended up spending about $200 for our 4 day cruise. That also included a $55 ship-to-shore phone call. But better safe than sorry, right. When are you planning on going? We'll be doing the land/cruise again in Feb 2003.

KarenT

Looking at some time in May. But now here is a new question. Do Springtime madness promos include the Land and Sea or just the sea.

I have a quote into Dreams! But I still don't know if I would do better booking the land myself and then doing the cruise seperate.

I want to go MK and AK and a waterpark. So do I need all that the land and sea package offers. Not that I know what it all offers.

See why I need help.

I know on the cruise. I plan on trying a few of the drink of the day. And plan on buying one nice picture of us. But not so much into the shore excursions. We will visit ports on our own. I want to first see all that the cruise has to offer. I know this will not be our only trip. I want to do the 7 day to Mexico first. But want to make sure I can handle the cruise.

But want to make sure I can handle the cruise.
is this do to motion sickness?? Because I have found a great cure,just 2 tablets before bed the night of your flight and every night thru your trip and you will SAIL thru with flying colors!!

I went to the pharmacy in Wal-Greens and ask the them for MECLIZINE HCI 25mg chewable tablets and I got a bottle of a 100 tabets for $9.00. you can use this motion sickness pill to pervent illness when flying or in the car,on a boat, any time you feel that yikky feeling. and you can take it even after you start feeling sick and it cures the motion sickness!! Even at WDW!! It is also safe for children,but check with your DR.

I use 2 tabets and I can ride Space Mountain or Rocking Roller Coaster with out a Queezy Moment and no drooziness!!!

They also sell it on the Disney Cruises as Bonine,but it is very expensive!

yes worried about motion sickness! So as time gets closer I will check with Dr. about that. Thanks!!

Here is my quote:

Land/Sea: 2535.70

Sea only: 1615.70

Do you think I can add my 3 days on land for cheaper than 920.00! Please help! I want to book soon. Otherwise I am just going for sea this trip.

I really want to go to AK, MK and Epocot (son request)

None of those include air or transfers. I was/am planning on using one of the Towncar services. I know I need a grocery stop.

Thanks again!!!

TLT
:earsgirl:

TLT - which resort are you staying at for your land package???? How many in your party (you mentioned you and your son, are their others?). What time of year are you going? I think you should be able to do better than what you were quoted.

You mentioned needing to do some rewards programs, just us on the rewards board for great tips. I have been doing Mypoints and Milesource and a couple of others. Come join us :D

Just me and my son (will be 11 then)

Looked at Cat. 12 with whatever hotel came with it. Don't remeber. But it cannot be an expensive one.

If I book my own land...will be one of the ALL-Stars. Son has already been to sports. I want Movies.

I think I am going to go ahead and book cruise through Dreams and work on doing land myself. I know I can do it cheaper.

HAVE signed up for 2 reward programs. I hate doing them so don't know how much help that will be. I am going to let Grandparents know that Disney Dollars would be great b-day and next year xmas gifts. Also 1/2 of his allowance goes in bank for spending money.

Thanks for all your help

I have been thinking about a cruise too and the experts on the cruise board say that it is definitely more cost effective to book your own "land" part. Check out that board frequently and you will get tons of info--there are some very helpful people on there and they also have their own webpages etc that give you tons of info. Actually if you book the land and sea part separately you could still get Dreams Unlimited to book both parts, just separately and not as a package. Then you could get the priority service/itinerary services that DU offers, on your land part. You will learn so much if you check out the cruise board frequently--that is my #1 advice to you.

Playing around earlier I checked the price of 3 days at all stars in January on the Disney web site. It came up for over $1000 for three of us. This included passes, hotel, a pin, and a freebee (t shirt, breakfast or ect..)

I think booking just the room and buying my own ticket ect is the least expensive way to go.
We usually buy a 7 day hopper plus. The unused days last forever. The pass last a couple of trips. Cost/day/person is lower with this ticket.

Is your land only part 3 or 4 days?
All stars usually no more than $100/night. Right now I have seen $59/night.
2 hopper plus passes cost about $650 or less with Disney club discount.

Thats about $900 and you will leave with ticket days left for next the next trip.

I love trip planning.

Tigger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter