Ok, who is out to get me?? My rough ADR morning!!

la_la

Mouseketeer
So last night I was so nervous about finalizing my ADR wish list. I had previously finalized a plan and then the December hours were released, and 'BAM' out the window my original plan flew. I was on chat with some very lovely people from here last night, and I seriously bugged them for 2 hours and 35 minutes trying to figure out ADR's, parks, shows and the like. I didn't get to bed til 12:20 a.m, and then I really didn't sleep b/c I was so nervous about getting up this morning. At 5:20, my DD wakes up!!! I had my alarm set for 5:35. So I get up and she has had an accident in the bed. Get this though, she hasn't had an accident in the bed in AGES!! (I also had woke her up at 12:15 to take her and she went to the potty!!!) So this is the first inclination that someone is 'out to get me'! I get her cleaned up and settled back in, and I go lay back down in the bed for 10 minutes. Get up, come in and turn the computer on....You won't believe this.......I had a virus that won't allow my windows to start! OMG!!!!! It won't even start up--it says I need the windows installation cd! I really start freaking out! I go wake my DH up (GRRR!!) and ask him if I can use his work laptop, to which he says I can. This thing is sooooo slow though. I do finally manage to get it up and running and get my ADR's done, but seriously it took me forever. Thankfully I got everything that I wanted, even though 2 of my dinner times are really late and I'm not sure I'll be able to keep them.

***Disclaimer, I realize that if a computer malfunction and a rough morning making Disney ADR's is the least of my worries, that I'm doing great. I know there are people facing much tougher situations and that my worries do not pale in comparison, I just knew you peeps here on DISboards would understand the 'dire need to make ADR's 90 days out'!! LOL

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

**edited to add that my DH got my computer fixed before he went to work. Too bad he didn't get up with me at 5:35 this a.m, lol! I would have a few less wrinkles on my face!

I thought that only happened to me lol, sorry your am was so crazy, congrats on your ADRs

I understand the feeling, but now you can relax and laugh about it as you enjoy your great meals. Where did you make your ADR's?

where did you find the december park hours?

Glad it finally worked out for you. :goodvibes

I've got 17 days until I make my ADRs. :upsidedow

Thanks! Good Luck making your ADRs. The online system would have worked really well if DH's laptop hadn't been sooooo slow, lol!

That is terrible! I hate mornings that start like that.

Yes, it will probably make for a looong day!! lol

I thought that only happened to me lol, sorry your am was so crazy, congrats on your ADRs

Glad to know I'm not alone in the world, hehe! Thanks for the congrats!

Aren't you glad you're done with adrs???? :) Did you get any sleep last night? Obviously NOT! By the way, you didn't bug anyone last night either. I so knew where you were at with this. My husband asked me what am I going to do for the next 89 days. Read the disboards of course. So what did you get for adrs? LeCellier???!!!!! If so, I'm jealous. I'm so glad you posted something here. I was thinking about you this morning. By the way, aren't computers FUN!!!!!

I understand the feeling, but now you can relax and laugh about it as you enjoy your great meals. Where did you make your ADR's?

where did you find the december park hours?

December Hours Click HERE

Here's what I did the first time around (my original plans):
12/1 Ohana 8:35 pm
12/2 50's Prime Time 12:05 pm
12/3 1900 Park Fare 4:35 pm
12/4 Akershus 9:35 am
12/4 Le Cellier 7:50 pm
12/5 Crystal Palace 8:35 am
**I was afraid the Ohana and Le Cellier were way too late for us, but that is all they had open. This was my original plan though and I wanted to stick to it. After sitting on those reservations for a hour (yea, I have NO patience whatsoever, lol!) I decided to change switch 2 of my park days and I made new reservations. They are:

12/1 Akershus 9:40 am
12/1 Chefs de France 6:10 pm
12/2 50's Prime Time 12:05
12/3 1900 Park Fare 4:35 pm
12/4 Ohanas 5:15
12/5 Crystal Palace 8:35

So my 12/1 and 12/4 days changed, and I didn't get Le Cellier. But my DH really wanted Ohana's, and the 5:15 pm slot worked so much better for us on Friday, versus the 8:35 on Monday. I did want Le Cellier, and I'll keep checking to see if I get it, but if not, I'm not going to fret either. I've heard just as good of reviews on Chefs de France as Le Cell, so no biggie. Overall I'm very happy with my reservations, and that's a great feeling!!! Also with these choices I moved my Epcot day to a day when there is no Fantasmic, so I'm hoping that means less crowds and less lines!! Here's hoping!!!

Aren't you glad you're done with adrs???? :) Did you get any sleep last night? Obviously NOT! By the way, you didn't bug anyone last night either. I so knew where you were at with this. My husband asked me what am I going to do for the next 89 days. Read the disboards of course. So what did you get for adrs? LeCellier???!!!!! If so, I'm jealous. I'm so glad you posted something here. I was thinking about you this morning. By the way, aren't computers FUN!!!!!

Hey LYNN!! Thanks so much for thinking of and checking up on me!! I am SO glad these are reserved and over with!! What do you think of my list?? As you see I cancelled my Le Cell, but I think the new plans work out better anyway. I'm really hoping for less crowds at Epcot since I'm not going on a Fantastmic day (Thanks to the suggesions in the chat last night!) Computers are great when they cooperate ;-) LOL I hope to catch you in chat again soon, maybe even tonight, lol!!!

I think Maleficent was trying to distroy your day, but the 3 good farries sent magic dust your way to get the ADR you wanted.

Can you tell 2 of my girls are in LOVE with Sleeping Beauty?

Could someone please tell me the website for making ADR's and also if there is still a 800# for dining, there used to be one a while back,,,tia,,,Carol

I think your ADRs sound great!!!! We've been to Crystal Palace (its the DH's favorite for the characters) and O'Hana (also DH's favorite). I love them both also. We've ate at 50's Prime Time also and have had tons of fun there. My husband now calls me Missy due to an experience from 50's. I don't even think he knows my name anymore. :) The other three restaurants we haven't ate at. Sorry. Park Fare sounds fun I think. We have all boys so princesses aren't a big thing in our house. Although the DH would probably enjoy them. :rotfl2: I was on the fence about Chef's de France. We've got: Kona (dinner), Teppen Edo (candlelight package), a private dining meal at the GF :love:, Cape May buffet, Kona (breakfast), Yachtsmen, and Yak & Yeti. We've never ate at any of these places before. Since this is a trip w/o kids and celebrating our 25th anniversary we're taking risks. :) Hope it works out for us. I guess if it doesn't, we'll just have to go again. Oh darn. Good job with the adrs!!!! Now you can find something else to make yourself crazy. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Glad to know I'm not alone in the world, hehe! Thanks for the congrats!

Oh believe me, you are definately not alone.....this sort of thing ALWAYS happens to me...it is like when you are in a hurry that is when the bad stuff happens (like getting all of the red lights when you are late for work), and when you want to take it slow and easy, that is when you hit every green light. I make my ADRs tomorrow and I am a nervous reck about it. The only good thing is finally I was able to see the Dec. park hours yesterday so my DH and I, and a bottle of wine, got our ADRs and touring plan in order. My DH said he will get up with me to help me make the ADRs, gotta love the guy, because there a few that I know will be hard to get and we want to make sure we get them at a decent time.

I think Maleficent was trying to distroy your day, but the 3 good farries sent magic dust your way to get the ADR you wanted.

Can you tell 2 of my girls are in LOVE with Sleeping Beauty?

LOL!! My DD is just now getting into Sleeping Beauty. I bought her a used (original) copy off of Ebay for about $10 bucks--so cute!! I'm so glad those crazy little fairies were with me this a.m!!!

Could someone please tell me the website for making ADR's and also if there is still a 800# for dining, there used to be one a while back,,,tia,,,Carol

Here is the website: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/, and I'm not sure about an 800 number. I used the 407 WDW DINE this a.m. Good Luck finding it, and good luck with your reservations!

la la,

Thanks for the link for the December hours. I can't believe they are out already!

Keep checking back on those late ADR's. I made mine on 11/25 and there was nothing at CM except 9:20. The next day I was able to get a 7:40.

Good luck!

I think your ADRs sound great!!!! We've been to Crystal Palace (its the DH's favorite for the characters) and O'Hana (also DH's favorite). I love them both also. We've ate at 50's Prime Time also and have had tons of fun there. My husband now calls me Missy due to an experience from 50's. I don't even think he knows my name anymore. :) The other three restaurants we haven't ate at. Sorry. Park Fare sounds fun I think. We have all boys so princesses aren't a big thing in our house. Although the DH would probably enjoy them. :rotfl2: I was on the fence about Chef's de France. We've got: Kona (dinner), Teppen Edo (candlelight package), a private dining meal at the GF :love:, Cape May buffet, Kona (breakfast), Yachtsmen, and Yak & Yeti. We've never ate at any of these places before. Since this is a trip w/o kids and celebrating our 25th anniversary we're taking risks. :) Hope it works out for us. I guess if it doesn't, we'll just have to go again. Oh darn. Good job with the adrs!!!! Now you can find something else to make yourself crazy. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

How fun that you are celebrating 25 years of marriage! That's awesome, Congrats!! Well like you know I really did want LeCell, but Chefs was the next on my list. I could have also chosen Biergraten (sp?), but I wasn't sure how DD would do sharing a table with another family. All in all, I'm still happy with what we got. I may end up changing Chefs to some sort of resort character meal. I have 89 days to drive myself crazy with the decisions I made today!!! :dance3:

Oh believe me, you are definately not alone.....this sort of thing ALWAYS happens to me...it is like when you are in a hurry that is when the bad stuff happens (like getting all of the red lights when you are late for work), and when you want to take it slow and easy, that is when you hit every green light. I make my ADRs tomorrow and I am a nervous reck about it. The only good thing is finally I was able to see the Dec. park hours yesterday so my DH and I, and a bottle of wine, got our ADRs and touring plan in order. My DH said he will get up with me to help me make the ADRs, gotta love the guy, because there a few that I know will be hard to get and we want to make sure we get them at a decent time.

Those things seem to happen to me as well!! That's great that your DH is going to get up and help you with the ADRs. I would go straight to the reservations you know are going to be the hardest first, then on to the others. Good luck! It really is all nerve wrecking, but as soon as it's over you'll feel a weight lifted, lol!!

The 800 number was discontinued last year sometime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter