ok so here goes

KFlynt34

Earning My Ears
so this post has a few parts. My son, Adrian is ASD. So i have concerns about that.
My youngest,Emily has Ehlers-Danlos syndrome(EDS) and so that is also a concern( I also have EDS) and my oldest will be just outside of her year after having had a meniscus replacement surgery. So a few concerns have come about...
I could use ideas.

Adrian is good in crowds, ok with loud sounds, not strong scents.

Emily will require rest places every bit or so.

and im not sure what my oldest will need to be honest..

I would rent a wheelchair, there aren't many resting places for Emily outside of restaraunts, and it might come in handy for your oldest, too, they can switch off. You can park it and come back to it if you don't need it the whole time. When you are going down main st. At MK, (facing the castle), stay to the left side of the st, the right side has a bakery at one end and an ice cream shop at the other, both pipe artificial scents outside. I think stitchs great escape might have a scent component (not real sure, double check that).

I would rent a wheelchair, there aren't many resting places for Emily outside of restaraunts, and it might come in handy for your oldest, too, they can switch off. You can park it and come back to it if you don't need it the whole time. When you are going down main st. At MK, (facing the castle), stay to the left side of the st, the right side has a bakery at one end and an ice cream shop at the other, both pipe artificial scents outside. I think stitchs great escape might have a scent component (not real sure, double check that).
stitch does have scents - he burbs very nasty smelling stuff from behind you at one point. That one is hard to know when it's occurring.

Imagination has a strong skunk scent - it's easy to anticipate and if you hold your breath for about 30 seconds, you can avoid smelling it.

Spaceship Earth has smoke smell at one point.

Ellen's Energy Adventure has 'earthy' smells during the dinosaur scenes.

Soarin' had fairly faint scents at points - oranges, sea scent, pine trees. The movie is changing after June 17. I assume they will probably still have scents since they added to the 'realness' of the experience, but don't know for sure or what.

Yes.
You are right about Philharmagic. It has at least apple pie scent. It's not terribly strong though.

Does the dinosaur ride have a sulfur scent? Can't remember
I don't recall scents at the Dinosaur ride at AK, but the dinosaur part of Ellen's Energy Adventure has all kinds of scents.

I react to scents too. Here was my take:

Strong scents: Just wanted to say, don't know if you are doing any dining anywhere, but you might want to stay away from the Poly!! No one else seemed to notice (and I've seen it mentioned other places as something people like) but the smell at that resort was like having artificial scent sprayed into my face from the time I walked into the building. I had an all-out reaction.

Main Street can be artificial food smelly too, I agree. I don't really remember smelling that all that much though.

Seems Haunted Mansion (MK) , Spaceship Earth at Epcot and the boatride at epcot....Living with The Land (all had musty or artificial dusty type odors). Maybe they weren't artificial. Maybe I just smelled the building itself.

And Soarin definitely has that artificial scent smell, but it didn't bother me all that much.

Oh, and good gracious don't go on Stitch if you are sensitive to smell (or claustrophobic).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter