Ok, Now I've Seen Everything (I think)

cybrkitn

We called it Bonko
I went grocery shopping today at Shop Rite and one thing caught my eye - Betty Crocker Maple Bacon frosting (limited edition)! I like both maple and bacon, but not together in a frosting.

I called DH and told him and the first thing he said to me was, "Ooooo! Pick that up for me and DS." I asked him what he could put it on and he said cupcakes with bacon bits in it (duh!). Ohhh kayyyyy :rolleyes: I picked up yellow cake mix at DH's request. When I got to the register, the cashier was surprised at it as well and suggested maybe using chocolate cake mix. I happen to have a box here so maybe I'll use that for them instead of using it to make a chocolate mocha cake.

Oh, in addition to maple bacon flavor they also have candy corn (which makes better sense to me) for fall.

I made Chocolate Caramel bacon cupcakes last year.

They were yummy. I'll have to see if I can find a picture. Chocolate cupcakes, topped with caramel buttercream frosting. Drizzled with salted caramel and topped with brown sugar baked bacon.

How about this new soup from Campbells

Chunky Beer n Cheese with Beef and Bacon Soup?

http://www.campbellsoup.com/Products/Chunky/All/121505

That I can see. Just not bacon in a frosting like this. Btw, it's maple frosting with the bacon pieces separated to be mixed into the frosting. Maple flavored frosting by itself sounds delicious. Not so much when the bacon is added in though. At least not for me. YMMV.

My DH wants to try both the maple bacon frosting (saw it at Target this weekend) and the Chunky beer cheese soup :crazy2:

He also saw a recipe for "buttery potato chip cookies" and has asked me to make them :sick:

(Yet we went to the Big E last week and he made a face at "fried dough with maple syrup and bacon" :confused: )

I made Chocolate Caramel bacon cupcakes last year.

They were yummy. I'll have to see if I can find a picture. Chocolate cupcakes, topped with caramel buttercream frosting. Drizzled with salted caramel and topped with brown sugar baked bacon.

You had me at caramel buttercream frosting. Mmmmm. But then you said topped with brown sugar and bacon and that just ruined my moment :rolleyes1 Don't get me wrong. I love bacon. Just not in everything. Both DH and DS love chocolate covered bacon. I tried it once and didn't like it :crazy2:

That I can see. Just not bacon in a frosting like this. Btw, it's maple frosting with the bacon pieces separated to be mixed into the frosting. Maple flavored frosting by itself sounds delicious. Not so much when the bacon is added in though. At least not for me. YMMV.

Our local bakery actually makes a cupcake like this (yellow cupcake, maple frosting with bacon bits). It tasted OK but not one that I would order on a regular basis. But it was interesting to try.

I went grocery shopping today at Shop Rite and one thing caught my eye - Betty Crocker Maple Bacon frosting (limited edition)! I like both maple and bacon, but not together in a frosting.

I called DH and told him and the first thing he said to me was, "Ooooo! Pick that up for me and DS." I asked him what he could put it on and he said cupcakes with bacon bits in it (duh!). Ohhh kayyyyy :rolleyes: I picked up yellow cake mix at DH's request. When I got to the register, the cashier was surprised at it as well and suggested maybe using chocolate cake mix. I happen to have a box here so maybe I'll use that for them instead of using it to make a chocolate mocha cake.

Oh, in addition to maple bacon flavor they also have candy corn (which makes better sense to me) for fall.
How about bacon soda, bacon candles and bacon perfume?

http://www.baconfreak.com/bacon-novelties-gifts.html

I've discovered that bacon actually works surprisingly well with certain sweets. You can't have too much bacon, but the saltiness really goes well with caramel and/or chocolate. But, I hate store-bought icing so there's no way I'd pick that up. And I'd want actual bacon and not those bacon pieces that somehow are perfectly okay to sit out on a shelf for days on end. Something's just not right about that...

Oh, and the beer cheese soup would be good with the bacon, but I don't think I'd want it with the beef. Sounds like something good for a cool fall evening , though (again, without the beef).

Then again, it might be kind of like a bacon cheeseburger and a glass of beer. Who knows. I'll be the guinea pig and report back.

How about bacon soda, bacon candles and bacon perfume?

http://www.baconfreak.com/bacon-novelties-gifts.html

Actually, we have the Yankee Candle bacon scented candle. I lit it once and haven't since. The smell is nauseating :sick:. DH and DS liked the smell of it before lighting it, but once we did, they didn't like it. So now it just sits on a shelf closed and is just for looks. The smell of the candle lit, is not the same as smelling real bacon cooking.

The other ones you mentioned turn my stomach.

I bet those bacon bits are those articifial bacon bits (which are actually vegan).

I wouldn't be surprised if it's rather tasty. I love cooking up some maple bacon (maybe that's a Canadian flavour!?), so I don't see how it could go TOO wrong in frosting, other than it's store bought.

I'm sure the frosting tastes more like maple, and the bacon is pretty much just like adding salt to it.

Do not understand the devotion for bacon, or the need to put it in products where it has no business showing up! A slice, maybe two, of bacon on the breakfast plate w/ some eggs & toast, twice a year tops, is sufficient in my book.

Just don't get it myself. Guess that means more for all the bacon lovers out there.

They made cookie mix too.
My friend made them.
Too bad he didn't get the frosting.

My DH wants to try both the maple bacon frosting (saw it at Target this weekend) and the Chunky beer cheese soup :crazy2:

He also saw a recipe for "buttery potato chip cookies" and has asked me to make them :sick:

(Yet we went to the Big E last week and he made a face at "fried dough with maple syrup and bacon" :confused: )

Potato Chip Cookies are delicious! My mom used to make them all the time.

dd loves to take bacon bits (not bacos-the real stuff) and put it in pancake mix. she then covers the pancakes with maple syrup so the cupcake idea doesn't seem too odd to me. we had maple bacon potato chips recently-not bad.

dd said the bacon flavored toothpaste he got last Christmas was diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssgusting:rotfl:

I make a baked potato soup that we top with bacon bits (and chives and sour cream and shredded cheese) so the soup doesn't sound too bad except that when we top our soup the bacon is crisp so soggy bacon bits in canned soup just sounds nasty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter