• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OK I might officially be crazy…could I be?

I was definitely waiting for VDH, but now that it's out, with announcement of the very high first year dues PLUS the INSANELY high nightly municipal occupancy tax, coupled with the EXCELLENT incentives at VGF, I think VGF is the winner. I have however decided not to add on at this time, but if I were to add on, it would be at VGF. Food for thought!

Right, both are expensive. Those are the choices for DL, and there won't be more anytime soon. VGF is on the wrong coast. But apparently OP doesn't need DL points, so back to VGF? My logic is to buy at DL if you want to go to DL.
Apparently the OP mentioned adding VDH to VGF not either/or. I can still afford either or both. I disagree with your blanket logic of “if you go to DL buy there.” I’ll go Occasionally not regularly, so that logic doesn’t apply to everyone. But yes, if I mostly went to DL then obviously that would be a good choice, if I liked the theming and tax, which I don’t. I was concerned that availability might be impossible like GCV, but enjoy hearing various views. Everyone has different thoughts which is why I appreciate other opinions.

I go to DL once a year or less, so there’s no need to own lots of points there. I bought GFV because it’s a better incentive. VGC is ridiculously overpriced imo, so that’s not an option. I don’t like the theming of VDH at all, nor do I like the tax…and…. I just realized while typing this reply why I bought VGF and not VDH 😂😂
VGC is only overpriced if you think the rack rate of VGC is overpriced. I compared the rack rate of Disneyland Hotel to the cost per night using the point chart for VDL and the rack rate of Grand Californian to the cost per night using the point chart for VGC and VGC comes out way ahead, even if the price point was $214 for VDH and $320 for VGC. VDL and VGC comes out to roughly the same $ cost per pt/year when including the transient occupancy tax (VDL is about $0.50 cheaper). However, what happens is Grand California rooms cost 2 to 3 times as much as Disneyland Hotel rooms.

If you legitimately think the rack rate of Grand Californian is way overpriced, then you would be correct. But in terms of $ savings, you actually save more $ over the rack rate by buying VGC.

VGC is only overpriced if you think the rack rate of VGC is overpriced. I compared the rack rate of Disneyland Hotel to the cost per night using the point chart for VDL and the rack rate of Grand Californian to the cost per night using the point chart for VGC and VGC comes out way ahead, even if the price point was $214 for VDH and $320 for VGC. VDL and VGC comes out to roughly the same $ cost per pt/year when including the transient occupancy tax (VDL is about $0.50 cheaper). However, what happens is Grand California rooms cost 2 to 3 times as much as Disneyland Hotel rooms.

If you legitimately think the rack rate of Grand Californian is way overpriced, then you would be correct. But in terms of $ savings, you actually save more $ over the rack rate by buying VGC.
Very very true! Thank you for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter