OK, Here’s Another Dumb Question…about Lockers

Tinkaboo

DIS Veteran
In all my trips, I’ve never used the lockers inside the park (or outside for that matter but it’s the ones just inside the DL gate I’m interested in. In the past, I’ve been content being the pack mule but I’m over that now that there’s no children involved. I don’t want to carry my seat cushions and extra water all over the park. plus jackets, etc.

About the size…what is the difference between the $7 and $10 size? Can the lockers be accessed multiple times per day? I’m sure hoping so..but knowing Chapek, he figured out a way to charge you every time you open it…🤣

Getting down to the wire, so all the last minute things popping in my head..Bear with me, in six more days it’ll be too late (and I can’t wait!)

TIA.

If i remember correct the size of the larger one is about double. Nice thing is you can walk back and take a look at them in advance to see which size looks right for you. And you pay once and it is good for as many visits/openings as you need for that day. So we always bring in extra snacks and warm clothes (if needed) and cram it in to a locker then pop back a couple times so we don't haul all the unnecessary weight all day.

WOW.. that was fast! Thanks so much, Aspencreek! Just what I needed.
I think we’ll be using these most days just so I’m not so loaded down.

Again,thanks for speedy response!

Credit card, I assume?

WOW.. that was fast! Thanks so much, Aspencreek! Just what I needed.
I think we’ll be using these most days just so I’m not so loaded down.

Again,thanks for speedy response!

Credit card, I assume?

No problem, glad to help! There MAY be cash payment but can't remember for sure, I always pay for the lockers with a credit card.

Ditto what PP said. I am team locker! If you have more than a normal to small backpack size go for the larger one. I can usually fit a small backpack with a couple sweatshirts, pair of sneakers and a few extra bottles of water in the small no problem. If I’m bringing rain gear I’d use the large. Access all day, and yes cc and cash is excepted. (There also are *much* larger lockers in the picnic area that can fit a couple carryon luggage for $15.)

We/I get a locker every time I'm in the parks. There's no need to be a pack mule if you can afford a locker!

You'll have in-and-out privileges as much as you want.

We have never needed anything beyond a small, which will fit a regular-sized backpack that contained several bottles of water, a few pairs of shoes (me, hub's, and 7yo kid's), and sweatshirts. It's definitely full but easily do-able.

We always get a locker and use either set in the Esplanade depending on which way our hotel is. If staying on Harbor we use the set to the left of DCA, if on site we use the set to the left of Disneyland...but never in the parks since it can be a toss up where we end the night.

They are not advertised but there are also jumbo lockers in the Picnic Grove to the left off the DLR gates.

Has anyone here tried using the Esplanade lockers to put in their carryon luggage for your flight? If so, how was your experience in getting that through Disney security?

Thanks for asking this question…. We’re approaching the days of moving beyond a stroller, and we’ve been wondering about the lockers!

I always rent one of the small ones inside the parks, can fit 2 backpacks. We normally have sweaters and sandals/shoes in there as well as extra charges and any purchases. Works fine if you have 3/4 ppl but if you intend to buy bigger things I would recommend the larger one just so you aren't playing tetris or squishing stuff around.

are large lockers available all day, or do they fill up fast? I'm thinking we won't arrive to the parks until 8:30 or maybe even 9:00 am. Would we be too late to snag one?

Does anyone know if the jumbo lockers that are in the picnic area would fit at full on car seat? Thinking about taking my 3 year old daughter for a surprise one day up and back trip (first flight of the day to last flight of the day) this spring (we live in the bay area) but would have to bring a car seat for her to use in the taxi/Lyft to get from the airport to the parks. I have the Cosco Seneca with a backpack case for travel so that is what I would be bringing.

are large lockers available all day, or do they fill up fast? I'm thinking we won't arrive to the parks until 8:30 or maybe even 9:00 am. Would we be too late to snag one?
I haven't had any trouble getting a locker when I have arrived around 9am on a Saturday - there are several locations as well - most people go to the ones to the left of Disneyland near the Lost and Found and picnic area, but as a PP mentioned there is another bank of them in the Esplanade to the left of DCA, and then obviously the ones in the park.

Does anyone know if the jumbo lockers that are in the picnic area would fit at full on car seat? Thinking about taking my 3 year old daughter for a surprise one day up and back trip (first flight of the day to last flight of the day) this spring (we live in the bay area) but would have to bring a car seat for her to use in the taxi/Lyft to get from the airport to the parks. I have the Cosco Seneca with a backpack case for travel so that is what I would be bringing.
I saw an Instagramer put a couple carryon suitcases in one, so I would think it could fit. If it can go through the bag scanner at an airport then definitely.

I haven't had any trouble getting a locker when I have arrived around 9am on a Saturday - there are several locations as well - most people go to the ones to the left of Disneyland near the Lost and Found and picnic area, but as a PP mentioned there is another bank of them in the Esplanade to the left of DCA, and then obviously the ones in the park.
thank you so much....this is good to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter