OK, can somone answer this re: new AP rate plan

Mickey Fliers

DIS Veteran
I am not sure what I need to do now. I have already booked my Thanksgiving vacation. How can I go about having the AP Best Rate Plan applied? Do I need to call in to do this? And, if AP rates come out, does that mean that they will automatically be applied to my reservation? Wow, I am so confused :confused3 .

Thanks for any and all help.

I am not sure of all your anwsers, but did you book room only or a package? Did you book with Disney or a TA?

Mickey,

You've asked the questions everyone is still pondering. The only way to apply the Best Rate Plan is to book online. This plan is suppose to apply the best rate automatically, but we will see.

I have a trip around Halloween, so I only had 12 days to decide what to do. I booked online and got on the Best Rate Plan. You have a little more time. If I had more time, I would have sat back and waited to. Alas, I did not.

I promised to keep the boards appraised of my situation.

Good Luck

Chris :wizard:

Well the jury is still out on that yet. You need an active AP or an adult AP voucher, log onto the website and book your vacation. It will require a non-refundalbe one nights deposit for rack rate. If the rate goes down they will automatically apply it so you won't have to call in.

You must check in before 11/26 though. For some reason it won't let you do beyond that yet.

FanofG00fy said:
Mickey,

You've asked the questions everyone is still pondering. The only way to apply the Best Rate Plan is to book online. This plan is suppose to apply the best rate automatically, but we will see.

I have a trip around Halloween, so I only had 12 days to decide what to do. I booked online and got on the Best Rate Plan. You have a little more time. If I had more time, I would have sat back and waited to. Alas, I did not.

I promised to keep the boards appraised of my situation.

Good Luck

Chris :wizard:

Good luck Chris!!! We are not going until Dec and are unable to book at this time even though the website says valid for stays beginning through 12/19. If Dec was available I was almost tempted to trust Disney to give me a decent AP rate. I am working so much OT this year, I think I am going to sign up with a TA this year and let her take care of this for me. Keep us posted on how you make out. I am sending pixie dust your way. :wizard:

I booked room-only straight through CRO. I have already paid a hefty deposit. Do I need to cancel that ressie and book again on-line? The problem with that I have booked a water view, concierge room at the BC and that isn't coming up as an option on the website. I can only get garden view. UGH. Why are they making this so difficult? Also, we are eligible for FL resident and Military discounts when they come out. If I am booked under Best Rate, am I out of luck if other discounts are better? Get my drift.

Yikes.

I can only get garden view. UGH. Why are they making this so difficult?
They're probably trying to ensure that they're providing the discounts only where necessary to make the sale, as any good business would.

If I am booked under Best Rate, am I out of luck if other discounts are better?
It does seem that the Best Rate Guarantee program is intended to offer customers a measure of convenience (not having to call in to have a new, lower AP rate applied) in return for a measure of committment (the non-refundable deposit).

bicker said:
They're probably trying to ensure that they're providing the discounts only where necessary to make the sale, as any good business would.

It does seem that the Best Rate Guarantee program is intended to offer customers a measure of convenience (not having to call in to have a new, lower AP rate applied) in return for a measure of committment (the non-refundable deposit).

Bicker that is an excellent way to describe the program and for a guest that is willing to pay rack rate to begin with, this program is a plus situation for them.

Mickey Fliers said:
I booked room-only straight through CRO. I have already paid a hefty deposit. Do I need to cancel that ressie and book again on-line? The problem with that I have booked a water view, concierge room at the BC and that isn't coming up as an option on the website. I can only get garden view. UGH. Why are they making this so difficult? Also, we are eligible for FL resident and Military discounts when they come out. If I am booked under Best Rate, am I out of luck if other discounts are better? Get my drift.

Yikes.

Water view concierge is probably sold out. Chances are there will be no AP discount for that room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter