OJ Simpson Died

Hm. Not sure how to feel. He was a trash human for the second half of his life, but him being the trash human defined a large chunk of my teen years since everyone was wrapped up in that. I remember listening to the verdict come in, in a basement chemistry lab, with a radio the teacher whipped out. So, it feels like a part of my story died..

Reactions: rlk

Now who's going to find the real killer? And will the Goldman family get money from the estate?

Reactions: GAN
Now who's going to find the real killer? And will the Goldman family get money from the estate?
That was my first thought, Carrie. Did the Goldmans ever get a penny from him? I don't think so. :sad1:

And didn't his friends keep him living in luxury these past few decades?

From the man that made the Ford Bronco legendary! I just hope I don't have to hear any more about his sports or acting career, he destroyed his own legacy by his actions.

From the man that made the Ford Bronco legendary! I just hope I don't have to hear any more about his sports or acting career, he destroyed his own legacy by his actions.
Reminds me of a great joke...

customer: can I get one of those Broncos?
salesman: well...we don't really sell those any more since the whole OJ thing...but could I interest you in The Escape?

That was my first thought, Carrie. Did the Goldmans ever get a penny from him? I don't think so. :sad1:

And didn't his friends keep him living in luxury these past few decades?

I heard they managed to get some, including the rights to the book that OJ authorized. Not sure how much that made. But for the most part he managed to shield a lot of that from the judgement, such as his NFL pension, which couldn’t be attached to a civil judgement. Apparently his home in Florida couldn’t be seized because of Florida law on homesteads, but the bank foreclosed.

As for his living arrangements, he was living in a friend’s house in the Vegas area. It was technically in a country club, but I wouldn’t say he was living in luxury. His NFL pension was likely enough that he could have rented an apartment for the rest of his life. He was probably on Medicare. I thought he was more or less laying low - not trying to attract a lot of attention but also not shying away. He apparently didn’t do any events since he knew that income could be garnished.

All I can think of is I pray his kids are ok, what a mess me made of their little lives.

Off he goes to be judged in a place where tricks like ill-fitting gloves don't matter.
Remember that his “kids” are now full fledged adults probably with kids of their own. I don’t follow celebs lives much so not sure if OJ was a grandfather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter