***OI Meetup*** June 3-4, 2022

We're officially under the 30 day mark for our departure date!! (We're doing a couple days on the gulf coast prior to the meetup.) I REALLY need to start planning and making some activity arrangements for our gulf days. We have our condo already, but we want to snorkel so I need to rent that equipment and do some reasearch on restaurants for dinners. We'll cook breakfasts and lunches at the condo, but I don't cook dinner on vacation. ;)

Yes!!! under 30 days.........very excited but, also, afraid I'm not ready...lol
honestly, for so many years of planning to the minute for Disney........Universal is so nice!!! We have a basic plan down but, so glad we don't have to plan so much now.

Did anyone here buy Winter OI Tickets? I hate they are non-refundable. I have to wait to see if my granddaughter can go....she may do Winter Guard & we have no idea what the schedule will be for that. I hate to buy tickets that might not be used.
I did grab hotel rooms (split stay again) but, they may be sold out of tickets before we know for sure.

Oh well...can't worry about Nov trip ..........need to just plan on the fun for June!!! We will be flying in on Memorial Day!!! so 28 days!!! So ready for a break from work.

Jumping on this bandwagon. Hubby and I will be there 1 - 5. Staying at Portofino and celebrating our 25th anniversary. This will be our first meetup, but my nieces have gone before and didn't stop raving about it. Looking forward to a relaxing (during the day) and fun (at night) time!
I've only done 1 meetup & it was my 1st time at Universal so, I was a little lost. We had a blast & you will too.......Happy Anniversary!!

I am really behind on planning too. Some I think is because it's our 3rd trip in a year, but also it just doesn't require as much planning. I need to make some dinner reservations, that really is the big one. Just some shopping but that can be done whenever, I get to it, haha! I just need to get thru mothers day weekend and I'll feel like I am free to do things!
Well, Mother's Day weekend is almost here.........time for you to be freed up to start having fun planning!! Can't believe it's not far away now. Hope finals are about over for you & you're able to do a happy dance!!! :woohoo:

At this time in 4 weeks we'll be getting ready to board our plane to Tampa! Wooo! I feel like I'm slowly checking off the things that I had to do before vacation. We still need to do some shopping: DD needs a new swimsuit and shoes mainly. Who knows when we'll have time for that! At least we will have most of Memorial Day weekend before we leave to take care of anything last-minute.

Is there one ride you always ride first when you get to UO? For us it's Spider-Man. We're huge Spidey fans so we always make a beeline there first thing! 👍👎 IYKYK

We’re getting close! It’s my 3rd meetup and I’m hoping I finally have one that doesn’t get rained on! Still fun, but pteranodon flyers while being pelted in the face was an experience for sure

Jumping on this bandwagon. Hubby and I will be there 1 - 5. Staying at Portofino and celebrating our 25th anniversary. This will be our first meetup, but my nieces have gone before and didn't stop raving about it. Looking forward to a relaxing (during the day) and fun (at night) time!
Welcome aboard the meetup train! :D Happy early Anniversary! We are celebrating our 22nd while there, though our date is 5/27 but these trips are always around it so we celebrate while there. You are going to have such a great time! Def relax in the day time and get ready for mind blowing calmness once the parks close!
We're officially under the 30 day mark for our departure date!! (We're doing a couple days on the gulf coast prior to the meetup.) I REALLY need to start planning and making some activity arrangements for our gulf days. We have our condo already, but we want to snorkel so I need to rent that equipment and do some reasearch on restaurants for dinners. We'll cook breakfasts and lunches at the condo, but I don't cook dinner on vacation. ;)
Dh and I were just discussing reservations for our dinner/lunches. We usually only do one big meal a day and the rest counter service or snacks. We are for sure going to Finnegans, Margarittaville, Toothsomes and we may meet up with my FIL at NBC Grill on Sat late lunch. They are driving up to visit us, oy lol I'll be exhausted from Fri night, maybe I'll sleep thru the food hahah! Oh snorkeling sounds fun! I am not a big water person these days due to my hearing aids, I have to take them out, then I can't really hear much at all, and that's just not fun. Cooking is so over rated on vacation!
I got my suitcase out this morning!
You're ahead of me lol I am still needing to go thru all of our summer clothes and see what need to buy!
Yes!!! under 30 days.........very excited but, also, afraid I'm not ready...lol
honestly, for so many years of planning to the minute for Disney........Universal is so nice!!! We have a basic plan down but, so glad we don't have to plan so much now.

Did anyone here buy Winter OI Tickets? I hate they are non-refundable. I have to wait to see if my granddaughter can go....she may do Winter Guard & we have no idea what the schedule will be for that. I hate to buy tickets that might not be used.
I did grab hotel rooms (split stay again) but, they may be sold out of tickets before we know for sure.

Oh well...can't worry about Nov trip ..........need to just plan on the fun for June!!! We will be flying in on Memorial Day!!! so 28 days!!! So ready for a break from work.
We're having to sit out this winter sadly. My oldest graduates college on Monday - but she's not walking since she is an online student and it's far away lol but we're celebrating her this weekend. Then my middle starts her senior year, me too haha so money is tied up! Dh and I bought tickets to see one of our fav groups - Straight No Chaser in Nov, they are finally coming to our city, so we're excited about that. I saw tickets for the winter were flying off the website, atleast for the 2 day ones.
Well, Mother's Day weekend is almost here.........time for you to be freed up to start having fun planning!! Can't believe it's not far away now. Hope finals are about over for you & you're able to do a happy dance!!! :woohoo:
Yes, omg! I passed my west civ final with a 100, it was 100 questions multiple choice and my Intro to Sped with a 96 on the final. I am waiting on a couple of things to be graded but I should pass both with an A. Thank you goodness they are done! :bounce:
At this time in 4 weeks we'll be getting ready to board our plane to Tampa! Wooo! I feel like I'm slowly checking off the things that I had to do before vacation. We still need to do some shopping: DD needs a new swimsuit and shoes mainly. Who knows when we'll have time for that! At least we will have most of Memorial Day weekend before we leave to take care of anything last-minute.

Is there one ride you always ride first when you get to UO? For us it's Spider-Man. We're huge Spidey fans so we always make a beeline there first thing! 👍👎 IYKYK
So ready! Spidey is one of the first ones we tend to ride too. My 11 yr old dd loves him lol she always makes sure to meet him when we visit. I have some of the sweetest pics from the first time, I'll have to see if I can find them to load them up! I also can't miss E.T. because of nostalgia, so it really depends on where we are and when we enter!
We’re getting close! It’s my 3rd meetup and I’m hoping I finally have one that doesn’t get rained on! Still fun, but pteranodon flyers while being pelted in the face was an experience for sure
So close, it's our 3rd one too! You must have went in June last year?? lol I can't imagine being on any of the outdoor rides and it rain! It would hurt!! Here's hoping for good weather this June!!!

I bought tickets for November 18-19 and December 9-10. I have Sapphire Falls for November. That will just be my family of 3. We will drive down from Kentucky. The December meetup, my daughter is brining a friend. So four of us at Portofio Bay. It's a very belated 16th birthday because of COVID. She will be 18 in January. We are flying for that one.

This will be my first meetup! I'm so excited! I'm still hoping for one more set of 2-day tickets off the waitlist or someone wanting to transfer. I'm going with 2 other people right now but we are so hoping to add a 4th! Last time I went to Universal, WWOHP had just opened and there was a line to get into the area. The only ride/store without a line was Dueling Dragons.

I bought tickets for November 18-19 and December 9-10. I have Sapphire Falls for November. That will just be my family of 3. We will drive down from Kentucky. The December meetup, my daughter is brining a friend. So four of us at Portofio Bay. It's a very belated 16th birthday because of COVID. She will be 18 in January. We are flying for that one.
nice!! 2 OI Meetups so close to each other......that will be fun.

This will be my first meetup! I'm so excited! I'm still hoping for one more set of 2-day tickets off the waitlist or someone wanting to transfer. I'm going with 2 other people right now but we are so hoping to add a 4th! Last time I went to Universal, WWOHP had just opened and there was a line to get into the area. The only ride/store without a line was Dueling Dragons.
are you on a waiting list? I wasn't sure how that works since I'm reading tickets are non-refundable.......do they allow transfer???
fingers crossed for you!!! I may need fingers crossed in Nov since I can't purchase tickets yet due to not knowing who can go.

Yes, omg! I passed my west civ final with a 100, it was 100 questions multiple choice and my Intro to Sped with a 96 on the final. I am waiting on a couple of things to be graded but I should pass both with an A. Thank you goodness they are done! :bounce:
Look at you Ms Straight A student!!! That's awesome!! Congrats!! It is time for you to celebrate, for sure!!

are you on a waiting list? I wasn't sure how that works since I'm reading tickets are non-refundable.......do they allow transfer???
fingers crossed for you!!! I may need fingers crossed in Nov since I can't purchase tickets yet due to not knowing who can go.
So tickets aren't refundable but you can transfer them with OI's permission! I'm not sure if you can ask the person for money for them, but I've seen people on Reddit posting about selling them last year.

Going Friday and Saturday in June arriving the Wednesday before on the 1st. My question is I am going to get an uber to surfside should I wait till I got all my bags to order a uber?

Going Friday and Saturday in June arriving the Wednesday before on the 1st. My question is I am going to get an uber to surfside should I wait till I got all my bags to order a uber?
In Orlando, yes. They are generally quick once you actually request one - I found your driver is usually there in less than 5 min.

Note I just get regular cheap 2 person Ubers, not sure about waits if you need a larger / fancier car.

In Orlando, yes. They are generally quick once you actually request one - I found your driver is usually there in less than 5 min.

Note I just get regular cheap 2 person Ubers, not sure about waits if you need a larger / fancier car.
Thank you. It's just gonna be 2 of us so we don't need anything big 2 small suitcases that's all

Look at you Ms Straight A student!!! That's awesome!! Congrats!! It is time for you to celebrate, for sure!!
Thanks! It's been stressful working full time, school full time and taking care of the family! I am so glad to be done with my classes right now and not start back until late June.

Well we are now 25 days out from the meetup! We leave in 23, eek! I am still not really ready lol we have school/work until May 25th, so maybe by that time I'll have my ducks in a row lol but.... knowing me, probably not. So I finally made some lunch/dinner reservations, they are as follows:

Thurs 6/2- dinner at Finnegan's
Sat 6/4 - lunch at NBC Grill with FIL and his wife- they are driving down to visit us- they live a couple hours away.
Mon 6/6 -lunch at Toothsome
Tues 6/7-dinner at Margarittaville

We are going to have crepes hopefully for lunch on Thurs - we leave 6/1 and arrive early on 6/2 - so we will likely check into hotel, then head in to the parks since our room will not be ready yet. We keep missing the crepes due to the lines lol but dh was like we are going straight there! :rotfl:

Friday, not quite sure what we'll do, but if we hit parks it will be early and then rest for the afternoon until time for the meetup. We may have lunch at Hard Rock and try the kitchen - but I need to reserve that if so.

Sat lunch will be from HRH - their market grab/go place downstairs. We liked it pretty good last time. Sun lunch may just be a late breakfast since it'll be after the meetup. We are going to head to the parks when we wake up and are ready. Dinner will be a counter service meal at one of the parks. There are so many c/s to choose from we'll fill in the rest of our meals from that. I've been reading some things that they are doing mobile ordering again for some places... not sure how I feel about that as the last times we used it, it was not efficient at all.

I wish OI would send us some info now we are getting so close! I know it's probably a week out still but I am anxious for more info LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter