***OI Meetup*** June 3-4, 2022

:bounce: 50 More Days!!! :bounce:

So very excited and hopefully in another 20 days we'll be getting a lot more info plus soon to sign up for the P Flyers Lotto! Ah I still need to make reservations lol I am so behind! School and work are kicking my butt right now. I have about 2.5 weeks left of this term, as long as I pass both classes for this second term, I will be admitted to the teacher prep program! Then I only have 1.5 yr left til graduation, so Dec 2023! So close, yet so far!

Anyway, I need a hotel reservation as well for our trip down. I need to start looking and pulling out our summer clothes as well. I mean it's still cool here most days, so everything is still packed away. I feel so behind right now. Anyone else???

Aww....Dec 2023 is not that far away!!! I know it's hard but, hang in there!! It will be so worth it.

I am ready for the cold/chilly weather to be gone but, really ready for the storms to stop. Every week? We need a break. Tornado weather is the worst to me. But, yes, I need to go through my clothes....and get some orders in for park tshirts. At least OI shirts cover 1 night!!

Under 50 days now!!! :banana: So ready for this!!

BUT, my granddaughter that's normally able to go with me more........made Color Guard for this fall!! So, now her schedule will be tight like the other 2 grands. May have to cut back on some trips for a few years. But, I'm so proud & happy for her!!

Now for the new dates to be announced this morning!!! fingers crossed they are good for everyone!!!

It's crazy to think we will be getting our check-in details in a little less than 3 weeks! Once that email arrives it will feel like it's really happening! We've only ever ridden PF once, the first time we took DD and she was still short enough to qualify. Didn't make the lottery last time! TBH it was kind of a scary ride! LOL I can do all the coasters, but suspension/flying/ski lift type rides trigger my fear o f heights. Anyway, we'll see!

Starting to think about any clothes shopping we need to do beforehand. We could all use some new summery clothes anyway. I tend to dress for the heat, which means a lot of athletic wear, so we won't be bringing anything fancy! Ha ha!

I'm excited for all of you who are excited to hear about the Winter Meet-Up dates. Nov/Dec doesn't usually work for us travel-wise because of school so we'll be sitting that one out.

I'm hoping for the weekend before Thanksgiving again!!

I’m hoping for the first weekend in December.
Looks like you are both getting your wish! I'm planning for the 2nd December weekend. Looks like RPR will not be available that weekend, plus room rates are definitely higher this year than last! I'm sure someone will start a new thread for these, have fun in June!

Looks like you are both getting your wish! I'm planning for the 2nd December weekend. Looks like RPR will not be available that weekend, plus room rates are definitely higher this year than last! I'm sure someone will start a new thread for these, have fun in June!
The room rates look like they are in line with the June dates which sucks a little. That $165/night at portofino was awesome last year. I’m planning for 12/2-3 now that we have the dates.

I'm so excited to see the Nov dates again!!! I will add, the prices of the hotels definitely shock me since last Nov, Hard Rock was $175, I believe.

so, we stayed in Hard Rock.........have reserved Dockside & RPR in June........have Sapphire Falls reserved in Oct. So, was wanting to try a different resort for this Nov OI. I am going to try to get Portofino, for sure.

Funny thing is, I had already reserved Royal Pacific for those dates in Nov & got a lower price than what OI has listed. So, I will keep those until I try for Portofino.

I actually didn't realize the tickets & rooms were not being opened today. Just dates.........I'm so new at this. So, was disappointed I couldn't reserve today :oops:

Going both nights was flying in on the 3rd but then our flight changed so we were flying in on the 2nd luckily we got another room at surfside inn. NOW our flights changed again so what I did was changed our days again and now we are flying in on the 1st in the afternoon barring any changes again fingers crossed. We wont be going to the parks till OI MEETUP. Just gonna make Thursday a day of hotel and pool and maybe CityWalk. Can't wait for both nights. Also I. Allen that # and they were able to give us another night so I lucked out..lol

I just happened to have planned my trip to Universal for these dates and then read about the OI meetup here, so I've just signed up for Friday night. I have several questions. First is the food - what's available and where? Secondly, how do they separate the day guests from the meetup people? Third, what's this about a lottery for Pteranodon Flyers? I'm going with my sister and she has always wanted to ride PF. Fourth, what else do I need to know? Thanks so much. Sounds like this will be a great time.

I just happened to have planned my trip to Universal for these dates and then read about the OI meetup here, so I've just signed up for Friday night. I have several questions. First is the food - what's available and where? Secondly, how do they separate the day guests from the meetup people? Third, what's this about a lottery for Pteranodon Flyers? I'm going with my sister and she has always wanted to ride PF. Fourth, what else do I need to know? Thanks so much. Sounds like this will be a great time.
They will provide a map before the event with details on all the food available. Usually most quick service places are open with a set selection of offerings. You will get a wristband for the event and they will start checking when the event officially starts. Similar to how Disney does it for events. They will email you before the dates to enter the lottery and you’ll find out in advance if you got it.

Aww....Dec 2023 is not that far away!!! I know it's hard but, hang in there!! It will be so worth it.

I am ready for the cold/chilly weather to be gone but, really ready for the storms to stop. Every week? We need a break. Tornado weather is the worst to me. But, yes, I need to go through my clothes....and get some orders in for park tshirts. At least OI shirts cover 1 night!!

Under 50 days now!!! :banana: So ready for this!!

BUT, my granddaughter that's normally able to go with me more........made Color Guard for this fall!! So, now her schedule will be tight like the other 2 grands. May have to cut back on some trips for a few years. But, I'm so proud & happy for her!!

Now for the new dates to be announced this morning!!! fingers crossed they are good for everyone!!!
It is but it's not all the same LOL I am just tired of working full time and being in school full time! So ready for the summer break -well at least the first part of it! Girl yes, this weather has to go! Tornado watches/warnings constantly - welcome to the tornado alley. blah.
So glad to have 1 night of shirt wear figured out ;) may just febreeze it and wear it again LOL just kidding, but we typically wear them on night two it seems. Congrats to your gd! I did colorguard in high school and loved it! Will just have to plan those trips a little better :)

It's crazy to think we will be getting our check-in details in a little less than 3 weeks! Once that email arrives it will feel like it's really happening! We've only ever ridden PF once, the first time we took DD and she was still short enough to qualify. Didn't make the lottery last time! TBH it was kind of a scary ride! LOL I can do all the coasters, but suspension/flying/ski lift type rides trigger my fear o f heights. Anyway, we'll see!

Starting to think about any clothes shopping we need to do beforehand. We could all use some new summery clothes anyway. I tend to dress for the heat, which means a lot of athletic wear, so we won't be bringing anything fancy! Ha ha!

I'm excited for all of you who are excited to hear about the Winter Meet-Up dates. Nov/Dec doesn't usually work for us travel-wise because of school so we'll be sitting that one out.
So we didn't make the lottery for June or Nov last year, but when we purchased our June tickets for this year at the Nov meetup they gave us 2 PF tickets! I think they were giving them out randomly, it worked out well for our 2 girls who got to ride, dh and I did not get tickets to ride. Which is fine, I was excited they go to do it! They both said it was a crazy ride lol but had fun!
We dress pretty casual - just tshirts and shorts/capris for me. I try not to spend a lot of something that I am gonna sweat like crazy in lol
I really want to go in Nov because the weather is sooo perfect but since this is our 3rd trip in a year and we're letting our AP's expire, we're gonna skip it. So sad, but we need to save up for my soon to be senior in high school senior trip the following summer, she's talking new york possibly so $$$$ lol and my oldest dd graduates college the first week of May! We're so busy!

I'm so excited to see the Nov dates again!!! I will add, the prices of the hotels definitely shock me since last Nov, Hard Rock was $175, I believe.

so, we stayed in Hard Rock.........have reserved Dockside & RPR in June........have Sapphire Falls reserved in Oct. So, was wanting to try a different resort for this Nov OI. I am going to try to get Portofino, for sure.

Funny thing is, I had already reserved Royal Pacific for those dates in Nov & got a lower price than what OI has listed. So, I will keep those until I try for Portofino.

I actually didn't realize the tickets & rooms were not being opened today. Just dates.........I'm so new at this. So, was disappointed I couldn't reserve today :oops:
Those prices are crazy! I was floored when I saw them! We got Royal in Nov for $165/night which was a steal! Sorry you didn't get to buy yet, but soon!!!
Going both nights was flying in on the 3rd but then our flight changed so we were flying in on the 2nd luckily we got another room at surfside inn. NOW our flights changed again so what I did was changed our days again and now we are flying in on the 1st in the afternoon barring any changes again fingers crossed. We wont be going to the parks till OI MEETUP. Just gonna make Thursday a day of hotel and pool and maybe CityWalk. Can't wait for both nights. Also I. Allen that # and they were able to give us another night so I lucked out..lol
Oh boy, they keep changing the days for sure! I don't blame you for doing a pool day and some city walk time. You will be able to pretty much do it all at the meetup since you're going both nights!
They will provide a map before the event with details on all the food available. Usually most quick service places are open with a set selection of offerings. You will get a wristband for the event and they will start checking when the event officially starts. Similar to how Disney does it for events. They will email you before the dates to enter the lottery and you’ll find out in advance if you got it.
Welcome to the thread! You'll love the meetup! As Dina mentioned below you'll have a wristband on and they will sweep the parks and send out folks without them! It's SO nice! Food starts 1 hour after the meetup time and is pretty much at all C/S locations, usually a smaller menu and smaller portions but it works great to eat and move on! This June they are giving us the $15 food cards, per person/per night. If you only go 1 night and there are 2 of you, you'll get 2 cards, each at $15, you use those before the parks close, they do not expire, so you can save and use later or all together! We still have ours from Nov - will use them in conjunction with this June and have a nice meal or two! Some place are closed like Mythos, and you'll get the menus and location, maps before hand from the OI team so you can make your plans. So the PF flyers they send a google form basically, you put if you are interested or not, which night and then wait. You'll find out shortly before hand whether you got chose or not. Sometimes they will let people ride toward the end of the night who do not have tickets, you just have to check!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

45 Days and counting!
I don't have much else to report. We're sad we are not going to make the winter dates but happy for those who can! I will live through you all, and come back and read the thread lol but you'll have a great time for sure! Hope everyone had a good Easter if you celebrate, it went by too fast. We went to visit my dd in Memphis, spent time with her and her boyfriend and got to meet his family. We had a nice time :) I hope you all have a great week!

40 more days to go!
Ready for us to start getting finalized info! Maps, places to eat, special entertainment, and pf lottery!

So much to do in so little time! I still need to buy a few summer things for myself. The kids will def need some clothes. I am wrapping up my last 2 weeks of this school term and I will have some free time to focus on our trip.

How is everyone else doing??

40 more days to go!
Ready for us to start getting finalized info! Maps, places to eat, special entertainment, and pf lottery!

So much to do in so little time! I still need to buy a few summer things for myself. The kids will def need some clothes. I am wrapping up my last 2 weeks of this school term and I will have some free time to focus on our trip.

How is everyone else doing??
OMG...really? 40 days? LOL, I am so ready.......but, not ready.
I always purchase new tshirts for every day.......matching up to what we are doing. Have OI Meetup for Saturday!! House shirts for HP day!! Jurassic Park shirts for IOA day!! Need 2 more......maybe ET for Universal Studio day......still looking!!!
It gives the grands something from our trips & saves $$ by not purchasing in the parks.

Good Luck with your last 2 weeks of school!! I know the trip will be so welcomed!!

My daughter is super busy. Prom this weekend. AP exams next week and then the last two weeks of her junior year. She gets out May 19th.

We are leaving for Cocoa Beach May 29th and staying for a few days before the meetup. Been to Orlando many times but it's been awhile since I have been to the beach. Need to make sure my swimsuit and shorts still fits.

I have most of our plans ready. My itinerary has been printed. I like planning vacations. I wanted to be a travel agent but did accounting instead. :crazy2:

I ordered a pack of colorful throwaway rain coats. Those came in yesterday. Going to pack some of those for the meetup. Hope we won't need them. Still need to take my daughter shopping for a few easy to put on outfits for her senior photo shot at IOA and US. So excited for that. Hope I don't cry.

Probably should start buying some sunscreen. I burn very easily.

Can't wait!

My daughter is super busy. Prom this weekend. AP exams next week and then the last two weeks of her junior year. She gets out May 19th.

We are leaving for Cocoa Beach May 29th and staying for a few days before the meetup. Been to Orlando many times but it's been awhile since I have been to the beach. Need to make sure my swimsuit and shorts still fits.

I have most of our plans ready. My itinerary has been printed. I like planning vacations. I wanted to be a travel agent but did accounting instead. :crazy2:

I ordered a pack of colorful throwaway rain coats. Those came in yesterday. Going to pack some of those for the meetup. Hope we won't need them. Still need to take my daughter shopping for a few easy to put on outfits for her senior photo shot at IOA and US. So excited for that. Hope I don't cry.

Can't wait!
Reading this post made me realize how little I've done for this trip as compared to previous trips. I'm super behind schedule! Usually by now I'd have restaurants scoped, a list of things we needed to buy, a packing list, etc. I don't know if it's because I'm so busy I don't have time to think about it or if I've officially gone on too many trips to UO and I've gotten lazy with my planning. I think I will start getting more wrapped up in the details once we get past some other big events (prom, birthdays, Mother's Day). May is going to FLY by, I can already tell!

We got caught in a rainstorm the first night of the June meetup last year. We bought ponchos the next night and it never rained a drop. I will bring them this time just as insurance! Ha!

So cool that your daughter is having her senior pics taken at IOA and US. What a fun idea!

OMG...really? 40 days? LOL, I am so ready.......but, not ready.
I always purchase new tshirts for every day.......matching up to what we are doing. Have OI Meetup for Saturday!! House shirts for HP day!! Jurassic Park shirts for IOA day!! Need 2 more......maybe ET for Universal Studio day......still looking!!!
It gives the grands something from our trips & saves $$ by not purchasing in the parks.

Good Luck with your last 2 weeks of school!! I know the trip will be so welcomed!!
I know, it is flying by! 37 days now LOL :D I love your shirt ideas, we sometimes have done them in the past, we have the OI shirts, I have a HP shirt and a JP/VC shirt lol if I remember to pack them all! I could wear my marvel wolverine shirt if I can find it. Ugh yeah it's buried somewhere. Maybe I'll just buy a new one? These last few weeks are killer, I have finals this weekend and early next week, so ready to be done! Then we have family coming in on Thurs, I get to my new and only nephew, so super excited about that. He was just born in March. <3

Can't wait!
Ah the life of the high schooler! We have prom coming the 5 or 6 of May, not sure which one lol but I am not 100% if my dd is even going. She was asked to go with a girl - friend, but not sure if she is really going. She has not mentioned shopping, so who knows. Yes on the AP exams as well. They sure like to stack things up, and mine is a junior as well! I hope you guys have a blast at the beach! Those senior pics will be super fun :) We are bringing our ponchos too, really hoping to NOT have to use them this time around.
Reading this post made me realize how little I've done for this trip as compared to previous trips. I'm super behind schedule! Usually by now I'd have restaurants scoped, a list of things we needed to buy, a packing list, etc. I don't know if it's because I'm so busy I don't have time to think about it or if I've officially gone on too many trips to UO and I've gotten lazy with my planning. I think I will start getting more wrapped up in the details once we get past some other big events (prom, birthdays, Mother's Day). May is going to FLY by, I can already tell!

We got caught in a rainstorm the first night of the June meetup last year. We bought ponchos the next night and it never rained a drop. I will bring them this time just as insurance! Ha!

So cool that your daughter is having her senior pics taken at IOA and US. What a fun idea!
I am really behind on planning too. Some I think is because it's our 3rd trip in a year, but also it just doesn't require as much planning. I need to make some dinner reservations, that really is the big one. Just some shopping but that can be done whenever, I get to it, haha! I just need to get thru mothers day weekend and I'll feel like I am free to do things!

for those who have done the OI in the past.......
do they ever have tickets after it's sold out??? Have friends that may be in town for a sports event & I'm trying to talk them into coming by. The Saturday night is sold out & they have plans on Friday that can't be missed.
Also...if they make a hotel reservation through the OI discount & they don't get tickets, will they have issues with the resort reservations???
I can contact Orlando Informer but too tired tonight.....LOL
has anyone had any experience with this?

for those who have done the OI in the past.......
do they ever have tickets after it's sold out??? Have friends that may be in town for a sports event & I'm trying to talk them into coming by. The Saturday night is sold out & they have plans on Friday that can't be missed.
Also...if they make a hotel reservation through the OI discount & they don't get tickets, will they have issues with the resort reservations???
I can contact Orlando Informer but too tired tonight.....LOL
has anyone had any experience with this?
so they normally have a waitlist but I hear it is pretty long, but you could def email and see about getting on. It does happen, and 1 nights are usually easier than 2 nights from the way it sounds.

The hotel thing I don’t think will be an issue. They did not ask for proof when we checked in at hotels.

so they normally have a waitlist but I hear it is pretty long, but you could def email and see about getting on. It does happen, and 1 nights are usually easier than 2 nights from the way it sounds.

The hotel thing I don’t think will be an issue. They did not ask for proof when we checked in at hotels.
thanks!!!
I'll email them but, won't get her hopes up about tickets.

Jumping on this bandwagon. Hubby and I will be there 1 - 5. Staying at Portofino and celebrating our 25th anniversary. This will be our first meetup, but my nieces have gone before and didn't stop raving about it. Looking forward to a relaxing (during the day) and fun (at night) time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter