***OI Meetup*** June 3-4, 2022

Darn Southwest......they changed our flight time & was putting us 5 hours later on Tues. We have friends we were meeting for 2nd half of the day at the parks so, that really messed us up.
Oh well, guess we'll have to come in a day earlier than planned :yay: I mean, what else could I do, right???

now, we'll fly in on Monday 30th!! Added a night to RPR & all else is good to go!!!

How many days do we have to go in the count down????

We cruise out this Saturday so, after that......next big trip is Universal!!!

Last edited:
Darn Southwest......they changed our flight time & was putting us 5 hours later on Tues. We have friends we were meeting for 2nd half of the day at the parks so, that really messed us up.
Oh well, guess we'll have to come in a day earlier than planned :yay: I mean, what else could I do, right???

now, we'll fly in on Monday 30th!! Added a night to RPR & all else is good to go!!!

Southwest changed our inbound flight and put us on a way later flight too. Luckily we were able to rebook the same day close to our original time, though now not nonstop. >:( Bummed about having a plane change, but we did get a little bit of credit back to use later, so that's nice.

ETA: My countdown app is at 96 days until we leave, but we are taking a couple extra days ahead of time for the beach. I think that would put us at 99 until the meetup itself? :flower1:

OMG yes the apple pie was delish and then get a vanilla shake and apple pie ala mode, heaven!!! We are def eating Mels again at the meetup!

We will have to make sure to hit Mel's this year! We skipped it last year because we'd eaten there on a previous trip and thought the food itself was meh. But I do love a good apple pie! We definitely need a better strategy this time! I should probably make a list. What are everyone's must-eats at the meetups?? We'll definitely do Thunderfalls Terrace again because it's such a good value and that key lime cheese cake is *chef's kiss*. I definitely need to add Finnegan's to the list so I can try the bread pudding I keep hearing about.

:rainbow:~~100 Days~~:rainbow:

So ready for the meetup! My middle dd now may be coming with us. The job she had hoped for did not pan out. She is sad about that but she is like I can go to the meetup, some theatre camps, etc. so I need to verify that is her plan so I can buy her meetup tickets. Sadly the 2 nights are sold out and I have to buy fri and sat separately and pay more :mad: but oh well.

I think the next few months are going to fly by! I have finals this week, start a new long term sub job on Monday, and new school term on 3/14, so I am
Busy!!! I need to look at booking a hotel for our drive down, as we always stop the way down. Usually in Valdosta but I may do Tifton this time. We will see!

I will be back to comment on the other posts when I get on my laptop, it is easier to do lol Have a great Wed friends!

Attachments

• 34DEC4FB-1B46-4DC0-BF04-589BA064480B.jpeg
    34DEC4FB-1B46-4DC0-BF04-589BA064480B.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 2

Have a great time on your cruise! A little jealous! lol 100 days today!!! :D Sorry there was a mess up on your flight, but yay for another day :)

We will have to make sure to hit Mel's this year! We skipped it last year because we'd eaten there on a previous trip and thought the food itself was meh. But I do love a good apple pie! We definitely need a better strategy this time! I should probably make a list. What are everyone's must-eats at the meetups?? We'll definitely do Thunderfalls Terrace again because it's such a good value and that key lime cheese cake is *chef's kiss*. I definitely need to add Finnegan's to the list so I can try the bread pudding I keep hearing about.

During the meetup the food was surprisingly fresh and yummy, and fairly fast! We went right when they first opened, mostly because it was raining and we wanted to eat before it got too late. It worked out well and Beetlejuice kept us pretty entertained ;) he kept coming to the windows, making faces at kids etc. lol The apple pie they give you is pretty decent size and even after finishing my meal it was HOT and my shake/ice cream melted right into it, yum! Only thing that could have made it better would be a caramel drizzle lol

We didn't make it to thunderfalls this time, so it's def on our list too. I love Finnegan's on a regular day and their breadpudding is delish. I wasn't super impressed with their meetup offerings however. It's just okay, but worth it to stop for the bread pudding!

:bounce: 90 More Days! :bounce:

Tick Tock The Clock is slowly going down LOL
and we're ready to go! I can't believe it is March already, mostly because Jan drug by, it was like a year by itself lol and then Feb flew! It's been so nice here this week mid 70's to low 80's but there is rain coming this week, boo! I am hoping the weather for spring break will be nice. We've been sitting on the screened patio, enjoying the nice evenings, sometimes having dinner out there. Yesterday we celebrated my middle dd's 17th birthday! Did I mention she is now going with us on the trip? I can't remember, the job she was hoping for didn't pan out this time. She however, is fine with it, excited to go on the trip and also now she gets to audition for several local theatre shows. She's a performer, her school is doing Sister Act the Musical next month, she plays Mary Lazarus. I am so excited to see it! She played Squidward in their production of Spongebob the Musical last year. Sorry I digress lol there isn't a lot to talk about for the meetup yet, I wish they would release a little more info!

I am hoping they will have some shirts or merch this summer. We missed last summers shirts because of timing but liked and got the winter ones. Also make sure you guys get the free buttons at the meetup tables when you're in the park! We did get both of those, they make some easy tree ornaments for free :) We all get 1, so we have 4 from each event.

So we are staying at Hard Rock this time around, but have been seeing lots of complaints about the renovations/construction going on. I hope it's not too much of an issue by the time June rolls around. I mean we are rarely there during the day anyway, except the 2 days/mornings after the meetup where we sleep in, so fingers and toes crossed we can sleep! I don't want to try and switch though because a. we liked HRH and how close to parks and b. the other prem. are sold out! I am sure it'll be fine, just seeing the posts are stressing me a bit.

When they released the dates of December meetup shirts for purchase, it was the exact time I was having an outpatient procedure on a vein in my leg. Since I wasn’t sedated I asked if I would be able to use my phone during this time. Of course the doctor said no. I recruited a family member to order for me. I l think the past June and December meetup shirts have the best designs.

Thanks for the reminder about the pins! We completely forgot to look for them last year, so that's on my must-do list this time around!

Time is ticking by and we're starting to get excited. The kids' spring break is next week, and I find that the rest of the school year really flies by after that. Our only other "before we leave" item is to get regular daytime park tickets. We always debate whether or not we should (such a huge expense), but we do find it more relaxing to know we can come and go as we please--even if it's just for a few hours between naps--and not have to cram everything into the two nights of the meetup. Go big or go home, right? :cool1:

ETA: We'll also get there early enough on Thursday and will have all day Sunday before our 9pm flight so we can use our daytime tix then as well.

Frances,....so glad your DD is able to go!! I'm sure your younger DD is happy!!! Another trip together.....enjoy!! as they get older, trips together get harder to work out.

We went on our cruise last week!! It was wonderful. But, sure is hard to be back to the cold weather. And this weekend forecast...OUCH.

Now, I can get back to the excitement of the OI Meetup!!
Under 90 days!!! Can't wait!!!

Christie

East central Kansas is slated for another 4"-7" of snow tomorrow and I am OVER IT. Where is spring?? Makes me long for a hot Florida summer day. I don't really mind FL's heat and humidity since we get the same weather here in the summer. Bring it on!

In other good news, I have been watching Southwest's flights ever since they cancelled our original non-stop flight to Tampa and lo and behold they added a new non-stop flight that wasn't there before. We arrive a couple hours later than our rebooked flight BUT it doesn't leave at the crack of dawn. AND it was cheaper so we got a credit for a future flight. Win win! Now hopefully they won't change this one on us! 82 days until we leave for Tampa, so I think that means 85 until the meetup?

******UPDATE********

Get ready to snack, because we’re bringing it back:
$15 extra to spend on food!
This summer, we’re giving every Orlando Informer Meetup guest a bonus $15 Food Gift Card to enjoy an extra bite before our unlimited food service begins. You’ll receive a $15 Food Gift Card at check-in each day you are attending.

The best part? Your food funds NEVER EXPIRE and can be used at any food and beverage location in Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, or Universal CityWalk!
If you couldn’t tell by the unlimited food we offer at the Orlando Informer Meetup, we find food to be an integral and awesome part of the theme park experience. Not only does it fuel your thrilling adventures, but it also immerses you in the captivating lands that surround you at Universal Orlando Resort.

Your OI Meetup ticket grants you access to Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure as early as 5:00 pm, giving you a bit of extra time to enjoy before daytime guests leave the parks. Since unlimited eats begins an hour after the parks close to daytime guests, we’re bringing back our most flexible option yet to hold you over until the feast begins!

Each guest will receive a $15 Food Gift Card per night of their Orlando Informer Meetup. It can be used at any food and beverage location in Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure, or Universal CityWalk! That means any snack stand, bar, quick-service, or full-service restaurant.

While the card is not valid at merchandise locations or Universal Hotels, there are still more options than you can count! You can put your $15 towards the Mythos meal you’ve been eager to indulge in, enjoy an iconic themed snack or two, or fill up with a quick meal between your favorite shows. Guests 21 or older can even toast to the night ahead when they use the card for alcohol purchases with a valid photo ID.

In-park restaurants will close to prepare for unlimited service when the parks close to daytime guests, but this leads me to the best perk of all: this $15 Food Gift Card does not expire and can be used whenever it’s most convenient for you. Plus, if you’re attending both nights of the OI Meetup, you can combine your two $15 gift cards to use anytime you’d like after your OI Meetup adventure!

If you, like me, prefer to build up your appetite and hold off on eating for those few hours prior to the unlimited eats, you can pocket your food funds to use on another day. Sounds like the perfect excuse for a few doughnuts at CityWalk the next morning…

When they released the dates of December meetup shirts for purchase, it was the exact time I was having an outpatient procedure on a vein in my leg. Since I wasn’t sedated I asked if I would be able to use my phone during this time. Of course the doctor said no. I recruited a family member to order for me. I l think the past June and December meetup shirts have the best designs.

Oy!! We were both at work and didn't realize the ones last June and by the time we got home, they were sold out! I was like what!??? Ah well, I got Dec and loved them! How rude of the doc lol glad you got them!

Thanks for the reminder about the pins! We completely forgot to look for them last year, so that's on my must-do list this time around!

Time is ticking by and we're starting to get excited. The kids' spring break is next week, and I find that the rest of the school year really flies by after that. Our only other "before we leave" item is to get regular daytime park tickets. We always debate whether or not we should (such a huge expense), but we do find it more relaxing to know we can come and go as we please--even if it's just for a few hours between naps--and not have to cram everything into the two nights of the meetup. Go big or go home, right? :cool1:

ETA: We'll also get there early enough on Thursday and will have all day Sunday before our 9pm flight so we can use our daytime tix then as well.
They are such a fun and free thing to get and save! They just have them on the table, I always stop and say hi and get my button :D We have spring break next week, and ready for the mtns but now I see it might snow this weekend...so uh. yeah. I understand, we have AP's but they will expire in Sept and we won't renew most likely since this will be 3 trips in barely a year time, we need to venture to other places... though a winter meetup might call us back ;) but probably just the meetup and skip the daytime ones. I am a bad influence, I say buy them!

Frances,....so glad your DD is able to go!! I'm sure your younger DD is happy!!! Another trip together.....enjoy!! as they get older, trips together get harder to work out.

We went on our cruise last week!! It was wonderful. But, sure is hard to be back to the cold weather. And this weekend forecast...OUCH.

Now, I can get back to the excitement of the OI Meetup!!
Under 90 days!!! Can't wait!!!

Christie
I am too, she has mixed feelings LOL she was happy to have a ride partner for things we don't want to ride but now sad she has to share a bed LOL we take an air mattress too but ya know she was going to have the bed all to herself and not sleep on the air mattress! She will be fine! So true about the age of the kids, so busy!

I am so glad you had fun on your cruise! How was covid procedures? Things "seem" to have gone to precovid in a lot of senses, I'll be curious what it is like in June in Orlando parks. 86 more days!

East central Kansas is slated for another 4"-7" of snow tomorrow and I am OVER IT. Where is spring?? Makes me long for a hot Florida summer day. I don't really mind FL's heat and humidity since we get the same weather here in the summer. Bring it on!

In other good news, I have been watching Southwest's flights ever since they cancelled our original non-stop flight to Tampa and lo and behold they added a new non-stop flight that wasn't there before. We arrive a couple hours later than our rebooked flight BUT it doesn't leave at the crack of dawn. AND it was cheaper so we got a credit for a future flight. Win win! Now hopefully they won't change this one on us! 82 days until we leave for Tampa, so I think that means 85 until the meetup?
I feel that and we don't get that much snow! However we may get a few inches this weekend, which for AL will shut the state down! We're not equipped for it. Fake spring came and now winter is like and one more thing! lol Yay on the flight change and price! Fingers crossed no more changes, unless it's cheaper ;) I have 86 on my countdown but it could be off lol

I am so glad you had fun on your cruise! How was covid procedures? Things "seem" to have gone to precovid in a lot of senses, I'll be curious what it is like in June in Orlando parks. 86 more days!
Covid procedures on the cruise were actually a joke. We were packed in everywhere. The 1st few days, we were "supposed" to wear masks indoors but, we saw plenty not going by the rule. March 1st, no more masks....I thought it was silly, we all got on the ship a few days before that, why not start it on day 1??? Anyways, we did as they asked. And so far, we are fine....(knock on wood)....hopefully no symptoms in the next few days. The places we went to, Bahamas, Grand Turk & Dominican Republic, masks were required indoors & outdoors but, it really wasn't enforced except on buses/excursions.
I do hope it's not required at Universal in May/June.........I am not good with hot weather & masks.

We have spring break next week, and ready for the mtns but now I see it might snow this weekend...so uh. yeah.
Where are you going in the mtns? We go to Gatlinburg every July.....27 years straight.....family gathering.

and OH, the "S" word.....looks like we are right on the "may have some snow/may not have some snow" line for Saturday......I'm hoping we get none...I'm over the cold weather. But, yes, any snow closes AL down.......and mention the "S" word & everyone buys all the milk & bread...LOL.

Hello everyone. We will be attending our first meetup! We already had a trip planned and learned about this. So we decided to make it our last night of trip. We will enjoy a lazy day at the pool until 5pm. The drive home Saturday is going to be rough 🤣.

we have a 15 year old son who LOVES universal. I like the ease of it but can only do so many rides.

if we love the meet up I see popping down for future ones by themselves. Can’t wait to see what it’s all about. I plan to eat lots while he and my husband ride ride ride.

Covid procedures on the cruise were actually a joke. We were packed in everywhere. The 1st few days, we were "supposed" to wear masks indoors but, we saw plenty not going by the rule. March 1st, no more masks....I thought it was silly, we all got on the ship a few days before that, why not start it on day 1??? Anyways, we did as they asked. And so far, we are fine....(knock on wood)....hopefully no symptoms in the next few days. The places we went to, Bahamas, Grand Turk & Dominican Republic, masks were required indoors & outdoors but, it really wasn't enforced except on buses/excursions.
I do hope it's not required at Universal in May/June.........I am not good with hot weather & masks.
Yeah I kind of figured it might be that way! I think everywhere is pretty much getting to that point, 2 years and people are done. Same with our schools, went on a Monday - masks required and then on Tues they were optional lol what was the point! I don't think we'll have to worry about it in June unless there is a huge outbreak, but it seems that numbers are still relatively low considering. Fingers crossed!

Where are you going in the mtns? We go to Gatlinburg every July.....27 years straight.....family gathering.

and OH, the "S" word.....looks like we are right on the "may have some snow/may not have some snow" line for Saturday......I'm hoping we get none...I'm over the cold weather. But, yes, any snow closes AL down.......and mention the "S" word & everyone buys all the milk & bread...LOL.
We are heading to Chattanooga for a few days. It's been close to 10 years since we went last, going to stop at Rock City, Ruby Falls, The Aquarium and tool around a bit. I love Gatlinburg, we went a few years ago during fall break, it was gorgeous, it's one of my fav places to go. Well we did get some snow, probably 2 inches in my area but most of it was not on the roadways by morning, a few icy bridges etc but overall just on the grass. I'll take that kind of snow! It's sunny but cold, so whatever melts will freeze tonight, I expect more travel issues tmrw! Milk, bread and eggs - french toast for everyone! lol

Hello everyone. We will be attending our first meetup! We already had a trip planned and learned about this. So we decided to make it our last night of trip. We will enjoy a lazy day at the pool until 5pm. The drive home Saturday is going to be rough 🤣.

we have a 15 year old son who LOVES universal. I like the ease of it but can only do so many rides.

if we love the meet up I see popping down for future ones by themselves. Can’t wait to see what it’s all about. I plan to eat lots while he and my husband ride ride ride.
Welcome to the thread and you guys will LOVE it! Ah yes, that's the best way to do it, especially if you're already there and done a few days. We learned quickly not to do all day or even morning of and then rest. It's just better to sleep in and hang by the pool and eat then hit the parks at 5 or so. Ohh yes Sat is going to be rough, see if you can get a late check out?! You will be surprised that all the rides minus Hagrid/VC are pretty much walk on and even then you won't wait long at those! It is amazing to walk around the parks and they are so empty, play the arcade games for free (no prizes), walk on rides, free food/drinks and all the fun perks! You can't go wrong with a meetup. :)

Sale going on, for those still waiting to buy:
LIMITED-TIME SALE: ONLY $219 for one night, plus processing and tax! Please note: this offer is available until March 21, 2022 or when the tickets sell out.

Just bought our tickets for June 3rd to OI meet up. We can't wait this will be our first time going . Staying off site so we will be taking a cab or Uber

Sale going on, for those still waiting to buy:
LIMITED-TIME SALE: ONLY $219 for one night, plus processing and tax! Please note: this offer is available until March 21, 2022 or when the tickets sell out.

Figures after I had to buy my dd her 2 -1 day tickets! lol I mean it's only a $10 saving per ticket, but still!

Just bought our tickets for June 3rd to OI meet up. We can't wait this will be our first time going . Staying off site so we will be taking a cab or Uber
How exciting, glad you could join us! You will have a great time and look forward to the next one and then ask yourself, what took so long to go to one???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

77 More Days to Go!
We just got back yesterday from our Spring Break trip to Chattanooga, had a wonderful time. The weather was perfect and it was not really busy at all, plus we had some good quality family time. Also walked a ton, gotta get ready for June!

I swear time seems to be going a little faster now and I am not even jealous of people at the parks right now because of how busy it is! I am ready for some butterbeer, rides, parades and food! Oh and characters and shows, I love seeing them. What is your fav Universal Live street show? Beat Builders? Marilyn & The Diamond Bellas? Blues Brothers? Tales of Beetle the Bard? Celestina Warbeck and Banshees? Frog Choir? Triwizard Spirit Rally?

I feel there is more, I just can't recall them all! lol If you know of one I missed, let me know :) I really love the Beat Builders but the Blues Brothers are a close tie to be honest! I love all the shows but sometimes some stick out more than others. What say you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter