Ohhhh boy~ here we go again! Anderson/VanDamme Vegas/California road trip vacation!

I have a few questions for you DL pros before I can continue on with my Day 2 plans. :confused3

1. Has anyone eaten at Tortilla Jos before, if so how is the food?

2. Are there any GREAT restaurants NOT on Disney Property that you would recommend? I don't want anything to far, would like to stay in the area. Any good take-out restaurants would be a huge plus.

3. Has anyone eaten at a restaurant called "TIFFY'S"? It's right next to our hotel and I was wondering if it's worth going to.

4. Has anyone done the CLUB LIBBY LU thing? And if so, is it something a 4 year old would enjoy?

5. Anything you would recommend that I need to see or do when I'm at DTD?

Also..... I'm going to be making gift baskets or bags filled with Disney items for the kids. I'll leave those in the rooms at night :smickey: (( From Mickey and Tinker bell of course)) :tinker: before they retire the first night. Does anybody have any cute or unique ideas for me on how to go about this?
:idea:

So far some of the items I'm planning on incuding are:

1. Disney Dollars
2. Disney Snacks
3. Disney beach balls for playing in the pool
4. Disney coloring books and crayons
5. Disney beanies
6. Sand pail and shovel for when we go to the beach
7. Autograph books

I'll probably change it up a little for each kid.

I've already been told to check out my local Dollar Tree store. ((never shopped there before)) So I'll definitely do that soon.

Thanks so much for your help.

Oh boy I am truly enjoying reading your report. I love the wedding pics-you all look so beautiful and most importantly you and your DH look so in love!! Good for you . Great idea to make gift bags, I would suggest maybe some Disney pins to trade with if the kids are into pin trading. I have mine ready and cannot wait to trade at DL. My daughter is just under 2 so I will have to trade for her!:dance3: Sounds like you will have a great trip! Also, I am a planaholic as well. I need to have a schedule for everything! Maybe it is a woman thing. Enjoy! Tinaprincess:

Oh boy I am truly enjoying reading your report. I love the wedding pics-you all look so beautiful and most importantly you and your DH look so in love!! Good for you . Great idea to make gift bags, I would suggest maybe some Disney pins to trade with if the kids are into pin trading. I have mine ready and cannot wait to trade at DL. My daughter is just under 2 so I will have to trade for her!:dance3: Sounds like you will have a great trip! Also, I am a planaholic as well. I need to have a schedule for everything! Maybe it is a woman thing. Enjoy! Tinaprincess:

Thank you soooo much! I'm glad that your enjoying it!! Sometimes I think I'm just going on and on and on ...... and nobody cares what I'm saying. It's nice when people chime in from time to time! :hug:

It seems like I'm only a planaholic when it comes to my Disney trips, but then again most of my trips are disney trips. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the photo comments and the tip on the pin trading.

Hope you stick around for more. :flower3:

Thank you soooo much! I'm glad that your enjoying it!! Sometimes I think I'm just going on and on and on ...... and nobody cares what I'm saying. It's nice when people chime in from time to time! :hug:

It seems like I'm only a planaholic when it comes to my Disney trips, but then again most of my trips are disney trips. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the photo comments and the tip on the pin trading.

Hope you stick around for more. :flower3:

Hey!!!!!!!!! I care!!!! Hi, my name is Cas and I am a planaholic! :rotfl2:
I thought about pin trading but I always buy the pins I love and I couldn't see myself parting with them. :confused3

OKAY SOUTHERN BELLE ((that's your new name now btw)) Here's a picture of my wedding cake!

I TOLD you it was small!! :lmao: But I only had 7 wedding guests, so it was big enough for us all to share. And super YUMMY!!

scan001001-3.jpg

ALSO..... I ran across this other photo and it cracked me up. :lmao: It's a REALLY, REALLY bad picture but it's hilarious. Obviously it's a candid, but look at my dad's face and reaction. ((priceless)) :rotfl2: He looks a little uncomfortable doesn't he?

scan001001-4.jpg

OKAY SOUTHERN BELLE ((that's your new name now btw)) Here's a picture of my wedding cake!

I TOLD you it was small!! :lmao: But I only had 7 wedding guests, so it was big enough for us all to share. And super YUMMY!!

scan001001-3.jpg

ALSO..... I ran across this other photo and it cracked me up. :lmao: It's a REALLY, REALLY bad picture but it's hilarious. Obviously it's a candid, but look at my dad's face and reaction. ((priceless)) :rotfl2: He looks a little uncomfortable doesn't he?

scan001001-4.jpg

I absolutely love my new nickname!!!!!!!!!!!:love: :rotfl2:
OMG, your Dad just made me spit out my water!:lmao: Girl, that's priceless!!!!! I would have that one framed. I love your wedding cake!!! So cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

I have a few questions for you DL pros before I can continue on with my Day 2 plans. :confused3

2. Are there any GREAT restaurants NOT on Disney Property that you would recommend? I don't want anything to far, would like to stay in the area. Any good take-out restaurants would be a huge plus.

4. Has anyone done the CLUB LIBBY LU thing? And if so, is it something a 4 year old would enjoy?

5. Anything you would recommend that I need to see or do when I'm at DTD?

So far some of the items I'm planning on incuding are:

1. Disney Dollars
2. Disney Snacks
3. Disney beach balls for playing in the pool
4. Disney coloring books and crayons
5. Disney beanies
6. Sand pail and shovel for when we go to the beach
7. Autograph books

I'll probably change it up a little for each kid.

I've already been told to check out my local Dollar Tree store. ((never shopped there before)) So I'll definitely do that soon.

Thanks so much for your help.

Sorry I'm not much help but here's my two cents on a few of your questions:

2. YES!!! There is a new area called Anaheim GardenWalk that you simply must check out. It's not far from DL at all. Here is a link:
http://www.anaheimgardenwalk.com/

There are some great restaurants there. My personal favorites are The Cheesecake Factory (YUM!!!!), P. F. Changs, and California Pizza Kitchen (Santa Fe Chicken pizza is my fave there).
There is also a Bubba Gump, and a few others that are supposed to be good but I haven't been to those.

Maybe one night you and your DH can take advantage of the built in babysitters and go out to a dinner there alone. ;)

4. Okay, I haven't done this with my own kids, BUT I had considered it at one point and I did enough research here on the DIS and other places to know that I think a 4 year old would love it. Especially since you can pick different packages and really tailor it to what they enjoy. So I'd say go for it.

5. You must try the bread pudding at Jazz Kitchen. And check out Marcelines Candy Shop and see if they have the pumpkin fudge out yet. I'm not sure how early they start making it though. I know they'll have it in October, or at least they did last year. Not sure about September.....

The items you have listed for the treat bags sound perfect. Exactly what I'd do if I was planning to make little bags or baskets. Hmmmm, maybe I will. I wasn't going to in order to cut down on costs, but now you are making me rethink that plan!! :rotfl2:

I love that wedding pic. Your dad looks too funny. And you look like your about to knock your DH over! :rotfl:
The cake is so cute. And now I want some cake darn it. ;)

Sorry I'm not much help but here's my two cents on a few of your questions:

2. YES!!! There is a new area called Anaheim GardenWalk that you simply must check out. It's not far from DL at all. Here is a link:
http://www.anaheimgardenwalk.com/

There are some great restaurants there. My personal favorites are The Cheesecake Factory (YUM!!!!), P. F. Changs, and California Pizza Kitchen (Santa Fe Chicken pizza is my fave there).
There is also a Bubba Gump, and a few others that are supposed to be good but I haven't been to those.

Maybe one night you and your DH can take advantage of the built in babysitters and go out to a dinner there alone. ;)

4. Okay, I haven't done this with my own kids, BUT I had considered it at one point and I did enough research here on the DIS and other places to know that I think a 4 year old would love it. Especially since you can pick different packages and really tailor it to what they enjoy. So I'd say go for it.

5. You must try the bread pudding at Jazz Kitchen. And check out Marcelines Candy Shop and see if they have the pumpkin fudge out yet. I'm not sure how early they start making it though. I know they'll have it in October, or at least they did last year. Not sure about September.....

The items you have listed for the treat bags sound perfect. Exactly what I'd do if I was planning to make little bags or baskets. Hmmmm, maybe I will. I wasn't going to in order to cut down on costs, but now you are making me rethink that plan!! :rotfl2:

I love that wedding pic. Your dad looks too funny. And you look like your about to knock your DH over! :rotfl:
The cake is so cute. And now I want some cake darn it. ;)

YOU ROCK!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! :worship:

I think we will probably check out that garden walk place for sure, I mapquest'ed it and it's less then a mile down the road. :woohoo:

I just saw your wedding pics! :goodvibes: Small weddings are so much easier, IMHO and can be (I would think ...but I've only had one) so much less stressful than a big wedding!

Your DH has a VERY sly smile and I like it a-LOT! You do have rockin legs... I don't think i got a single pic of the garter at mine! LOL I had to stop and think if I even had one!

Great pics... thanks SO much for sharing (scanning is a pain!)

Hey!!!!!!!!! I care!!!! Hi, my name is Cas and I am a planaholic! :rotfl2:
I thought about pin trading but I always buy the pins I love and I couldn't see myself parting with them. :confused3

I highly recommend buying a set of pins that are doubles/etc... they have lots of "4-packs" to chose from. The 4 packs have doubles and so you don't feel bent out of shape if you do trade 'em. I like having a few that I can trade just for the sake of trading. Also, the 4 pack is $20 and most pins are over $6 so it's a good deal.

Don't forget the lanyard!

there is so much Disney themed stuff out there... it's hard NOT to go nuts. LOL Have you thought about matching/personalized shirts? I did it this year and was WAY more pleased than I thought I would be about the way they turned out.

I also think it's adorable when the kids are dressed in their favorite Princess or whatever outfit ...they feel so cool and they add to the ambiance. I've seen them in some pretty "off the rack" stuff -- read: not official and pretty inexpensive-- and the kids don't care, they think they're AWESOME! And personally, I love it.

I just saw your wedding pics! :goodvibes: Small weddings are so much easier, IMHO and can be (I would think ...but I've only had one) so much less stressful than a big wedding!

Your DH has a VERY sly smile and I like it a-LOT! You do have rockin legs... I don't think i got a single pic of the garter at mine! LOL I had to stop and think if I even had one!

Great pics... thanks SO much for sharing (scanning is a pain!)

Yes, it was so NICE and pretty stress free. We decided to have a small wedding and spend all the BIG money on our honeymoon. We vacationed for a whole month. Took a road trip to florida and did all the ORLANDO stuff then took a disney cruise. LOVED IT!! :love:

Whereas my best friend spent $25,000 on hers. ((Well, her mom did)) Freakin' crazy! :scared1:

I checked out your wedding photos too, they are sooooooo beautiful. I LOVED your flowers.

Thanks for the compliments! :goodvibes I always said that I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a wedding but wanted to live it up on the honeymoon (LIKE YOU DID! :worship: ) BUT... times changed and that pirate ship was just callin me! I never looked back. But I totally see the perks of both ways of thinking.

Enjoyin' your writing!
Melissa

More pictures from our 2006 road trip ..........

Here's some more views of our room in Vegas....

Picture11255.jpg

Picture11256.jpg

Picture11279.jpg

Picture11290.jpg

Day 2 September 22nd continued ........

Only 54 more days to go! :hourglass

My Dad and Linda will be flying into Anaheim the night before so they will already be there when we arrive. :woohoo:

My brother and his family are also drivig :car: in from Colorado,so provided that they arrive at a decent hour we'll do the following:

1. Walk over to Downtown Disney

downtown_disney_night1.jpg

2. Do some serious shopping ~~ My must sees are:
* Department 56
* Disney 28
* Illuminations
* Lego Imagination Center ((For Logan))
* Marcelines ((For pumpkin fudge))
* Something Silver
* Starabilias ((Love this store could spend forever here))
* Club Libby Lu ((For Alyssa))
* And of course the best store EVER! The World of Disney

IMG_15221.jpg

3. Take the Kids to Build-a Bear
* This will be a first for Alyssa and Logan, they're going to LOVE it. :banana:

4. Go to Dinner at the Rain Forest Cafe'

After dinner we'll head back to the hotel where I'll have the kids gift bags waiting for them. :wizard:

If my brother doesn't arrive until later we'll probably just hang out at the hotel to relax and maybe do some swimming. They have a restaurant on site that looks super yummy so maybe we'll eat on the patio or order some room service. http://www.tangerinegrillandpatio.com/

AnabellaHotel31.jpg

BE BACK LATER WITH DAY 3 ....... DISNEY LAND :hippie:

Has anyone bought the 2008 Southern California City Pass, and if so do you know if it comes with any Early Entry Admission days for the 3 day park hopper?:confused3

I highly recommend buying a set of pins that are doubles/etc... they have lots of "4-packs" to chose from. The 4 packs have doubles and so you don't feel bent out of shape if you do trade 'em. I like having a few that I can trade just for the sake of trading. Also, the 4 pack is $20 and most pins are over $6 so it's a good deal.

Don't forget the lanyard!

there is so much Disney themed stuff out there... it's hard NOT to go nuts. LOL Have you thought about matching/personalized shirts? I did it this year and was WAY more pleased than I thought I would be about the way they turned out.

Thanks for the information!!!:thumbsup2

Did you say Pumpkin fudge?????????? OMG! I want to try that place, too!!! DTD seems like a lot of fun!!!
Madi loves her Poodle(dressed like Hello Kitty) from Build-a-bear! She loved that place. Be sure to take plenty of pictures!! :)

By the way, I love the Vegas pictures.

Did you say Pumpkin fudge?????????? OMG! I want to try that place, too!!! DTD seems like a lot of fun!!!
Madi loves her Poodle(dressed like Hello Kitty) from Build-a-bear! She loved that place. Be sure to take plenty of pictures!! :)

By the way, I love the Vegas pictures.

I promise I'll take tons and tons of pictures! I got a new camera and everything. :banana:

Okay, I have a few more questions for all my lovely Disney Friends ......

1. We have never done an EMH day before so I don't know much about it or how to utilize our time to the fullest. In your opinion how likely is it that we can accomplish the following within the hour.
* Peter Pans Flight
* Mr Toads Wild Ride
* Matterhorn
* Buzz Lightyear
* Space Mountain

After we ride all these we would like to head over to the Nemo ride before the gates open?

Does this sound like a good plan, if not any advice on how to make the most out of our EMH?

2. Is the Penny Arcade worth going to?

3. Where is the best place to get the Mickey Ears and to have them embroidered?

4. How early do the schedules come out for parade and firework times on the Disney website?

5. Any tips or ideas on foods or snacks to try?

3. Where is the best place to get the Mickey Ears and to have them embroidered?

If you want to take it one step further and go beyond just having Mickey Ears emboidered this might interest you and the kids might really enjoy it:

"Having your Mickey Mouse ears customized doesn't just mean having your name embroidered on the back anymore. In May of 2008, the Gag Factory souvenir shop, located in Disneyland's Toon Town, began selling completely customizable ears. You might be wondering how a pair of Mickey Mouse ears can be customized, beyond name embroidering. Keep reading for a complete and detailed explanation!

First, customers choose an earless dome cap. The dome caps are available in a large variety of colors and styles, including shimmery sorcerer Mickey blue, flocked gray, gold, flat black, and shimmering black. There is also an array of dome cap offerings in shades that little princesses will love, including shimmery pink, pink with a fluffy pink trim, lavender with a Mickey embroidered pattern, and white with the same Mickey embroidered pattern. There is also a lime green dome cap covered in light blue Mickey Mouse head shapes. The dome caps are priced at $5.95 each.

Once customers have chosen their dome cap, it's time to pick ears. The ears snap right onto the dome caps, and are offered in several colors and styles, such as black, white, pink, silver, gold, green, yellow, and blue, and some ears have decorations on them. There's even a set of fluffy pink ears! Ears are priced separately, at $2.50 per ear. Ears simply snap onto the dome caps.

Next, it's time to choose a patch for your Mickey Mouse ears hat. It used to be that Mickey ears came with a standard round sticker that said Disneyland on it. When customizing your own ears however, there is a huge variety of patches to choose from, including many character favorites. Patches are priced at $2.95 each.

Finally, name embroidery is still available, and offered for an additional charge of about $3. Next time you find yourself at Disneyland, make time to visit the Gag Factory souvenir shop in Toon Town and customize your own set of Mickey Mouse ears!"

I found all this great information after doing an online search. Here is the rest of the article. It's really interesting! http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/887967/now_you_can_customize_your_mickey_mouse.html?cat=16

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter