• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana's or Artist Point for Dinner

kltigger

Mouseketeer
Dinner will be for just myself and husband. We have never eaten at either. This will be our last dinner meal before we check out the next day.

DW and I have dined at both 'Ohana and Artist Point. While 'Ohana was fun, given the choice we would go to Artist Point hands down. The food and service tops 'Ohana by a large margin. Enjoy!

Oh, that's a tough one! We love both of these restaurants, and I'd say it depends on what kind of experience you're looking for. Do you want a quiet, relaxing and romantic fine dining experience? Or would you prefer a more boisterous, all-you-can-eat (but good), uniquely "Disney" experience? We loved our dinner at Artist Point, but it is 'Ohana that keeps drawing us back trip after trip, because it provides the kind of dinner we can only get at WDW.

Enjoy, no matter what you decide!

For a dinner without kids, Artist Point, hands down! While I love Ohana's food and theme, it can be crowded and noisy (the woman entertaining the restaurant with songs/dances can get a little annoying if you don't have kids that are enjoying that sort of thing). Artist Point has delicious food, wonderful atmosphere, and amazing service....and it's perfect for a romantic evening out! :love:

I agree. This would be an easy choice for us. We didn't like Ohana. Our food was extremely dry. We really enjoyed our meal at Artist Point. We went there for my DD's 13th birthday. My DD and I both got the mushroom soup, which was delicious, as were my scallops. We will be going back this year as well.

That depends...

If you really liked grilled meat and seafood and are deaf, you'll totally enjoy 'Ohama. Their coconut bread, pot stickers, and the banana bread pudding are awesome. Service can be hit or miss. If you eat late, you probably will have a much better experience without children. I've always maintained that 'Ohana was one of the best values at WDW. Skip the rubber food and the high school musical atmosphere of the luau and go to 'Ohana instead!

If you want a relaxed, romantic atmosphere and price is no object, you can't really go wrong with AP. It's one of our favorite restaurants on the property.

Another excellent "last night" restaurant for a couple without children is Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian.

It really depends on what type of experience you're wanting as these are 2 totally different types of restaurants. If you want a fun filled all you can eat casual meal, 'Ohana, we love it! If you want something quiet and relaxing, Artist Point.

Artist Point is certainly the more "adult" dining experience. In just about all aspects, with the exception of quantity, it will beat out any dinner at 'Ohana.

Our last 4 trips to Disney have been just me & my DH & our not to missed, must eat at restaurant is Ohana.

We are celebrating our 30th Anniversary this week...so we not a young couple...but still love Ohana. We love the food & it is just a fun upbeat place to eat. I think it is pretty in there too & love watching them cook the meats.

We eat at Ohana every single trip & totally love it.

We tried Artist Point for our first time last year. We love the resort...is beautiful...but we weren't crazy about the restaurant itself. Our steaks were cooked incorrectly...both of ours. I sent mine back as it was way undercooked. The waitress insisted on redoing my DH's too as his was cooked wrong also. Then it took ages to get done & came out at different times. They gave us a cheese tray & even truffles as a gift from the chef...so they were super nice about it all.

Artist Point isn't on our repeat list this coming December..but Ohana is for sure & so is Flying Fish.

And on our last trip we at our last supper of the trip at Ohana & we'd been eating deluxe all week...lots of signatures, etc & we are both like..wow! This is so good!

It's always interesting to see people's thoughts on the same restaurant. I have eaten at 'Ohana about 5 times now...and each time it gets further and further down my list of places to eat. The last time we were there, the server rushed us horribly. He put down the salad and then about 5 mins later came out with the entree foods. And the three of us were at a very small table so not much room for everything. And, the meat was overcooked and very salty!!!
I find it to be very loud, but there are times that that is okay.
But, Artist Point?? I have eaten there three times and it remains one of my favorite spots for a special meal. My food has always been prepared correctly. The atmosphere has been wonderful and peaceful...even if there are kids there.

If it were just me and my dh, I would choose Artist Point!!! Love it there.

NO CONTEST. 'Ohana was probably tied with our worst Disney restaurant experience (with Hollywood & Vine buffet) The service was mediocre at best...my ice water was served complete with a fly, and not replaced until meal was almost over. The "hot" bread was cold and hard (we were in the first seating, so I assume the bread was leftover from the night before. It was that stale) The salad bland, not enough dressing. The "hot" veggies were barely room temp. The grilled meat was dry and over-cooked . Yuck. And the "entertainent" at 'Ohana is incredibly annoying if you're over the age of 5. So not a good spot for adults.

Artist's Point...lovely restaurant, excellent service and adult menu.

It definitely depends on what type of experience you are looking for. However, I would definitely choose Artist Point. The food is definitely much better. :goodvibes

Our last 4 trips to Disney have been just me & my DH & our not to missed, must eat at restaurant is Ohana.

We are celebrating our 30th Anniversary this week...so we not a young couple...but still love Ohana. We love the food & it is just a fun upbeat place to eat. I think it is pretty in there too & love watching them cook the meats.

We eat at Ohana every single trip & totally love it.

We tried Artist Point for our first time last year. We love the resort...is beautiful...but we weren't crazy about the restaurant itself. Our steaks were cooked incorrectly...both of ours. I sent mine back as it was way undercooked. The waitress insisted on redoing my DH's too as his was cooked wrong also. Then it took ages to get done & came out at different times. They gave us a cheese tray & even truffles as a gift from the chef...so they were super nice about it all.

Artist Point isn't on our repeat list this coming December..but Ohana is for sure & so is Flying Fish.

And on our last trip we at our last supper of the trip at Ohana & we'd been eating deluxe all week...lots of signatures, etc & we are both like..wow! This is so good!

Congrats on your 30th, it is ours this year also.

I agree with all those who say the food at Ohana's isn't the best, but the experience is really special. My wife and I went there on our honeymoon, and by happenstance were there on our last night, right as the fireworks were going off. Watching those fireworks on my honeymoon was one of the most romantic moments of my life, and I wouldn't trade it for any number of tasty meals.

Congratulations on your 30th Anniversary also. :flower3:

[Sounds like most folks are saying Artist Point. However, there is a reason Ohana is the most difficult reservation to get. I think it has to do with Ohana being unique as a different type dining experience...& we love their food. But then we aren't fancy folks...at home my favorite restarant is Outback.]

We're doing both on our August trip. We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary and we stayed at WL for our honeymoon. Artist Point will be a repeat and O'Hana is new for us. This is also our first family trip with our kids so we chose places that had good menu options for them too.

We always do both, as well. They are both great, though different, experiences.

However, several PP have mentioned the service at 'Ohana and I agree that it's far below Artist Point. Many times the server has attempted to rush us through the meal, or vanish forever when there is an empty water glass.

Artist Point is one of our favorite restaurants in WDW. Beautiful setting. Best appetizer I've ever had anywhere - in WDW or out - was one of their specials a few Decembers ago: a Berkshire pork cooked in duck fat in a bowl of butternut squash risotto with cranberry drizzled in it...

I wake up salivating from dreams of that dish. If I ever go back and they have it I'm just going to order like 50 of them and eat as many as I can before I explode and die a happy man.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter