• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohanas for Breakfast

Fantasia Sam

I've been here so much longer!
Has anyone been to this character breakfast recently?

What characters were present and what was it like?

Also where is it located in the Polynesian and wht's the best of getting there from the Yacht Club?

Thanks

Hi Sam,

We stayed at The Polynesian last December and had a character breakfast whilst we were there. It isn't a buffet breakfast as they bring you a skillet full of Mickey Mouse waffles, crispy bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs and toast. Unfortunately if you have fussy eaters I'd go for a buffet style breakfast with more choice. We paid for our 2 children and they didn't eat any of it!!! In the end I had to ask for a bowl of cereal, which was a pretty expensive one in the end! The characters are Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Pluto and Chip N Dale all in polynesian dress. It's situated on the upstairs of the lobby (sorry can't remember the name of the building) just by the monorail.

Hope that helps...

Lisa

Sam, I guess the best bet would be to get the bus for MK and then hop on the monorail from there. Like Lisa says, it's right in the building of the monorail. Failing that, if you were feeling energetic, you could walk or take the boat to MGM (15-20 walk but very nice and atleast it's under your control as opposed to hanging around for transport) and catch a bus direct to the Poly or the TTC from there.

Penny :)

Hi - Haven't eaten there for a while but, Minnie used to host the breakfast and I think they swapped her for Mickey - not certain tho. It is a good breakfast and my tip is to go on a day when you are visiting the Magic Kingdom. Get the latest seating - it's either 11 or 11.30 and just pop round on the monorail for the MK. We used to do this on EE days but, it is certainly doable on other days too. It is not a buffet, so no need to worry about the quality of the food late in the morning. I think the main building is called the Great Ceremonial House. Anyway, it is easy to find and the restaurant is not far from the monorail. Just ask upon entering the building. Sorry - am hopeless with directions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter