DD4
DS2

Our Friends:
Mr. B
Mrs. B
Stitch – age 9
Scamp – age 5
The twins – 18 months Mickey and Minnie

The two older boys ordered kids meals: Mac n Cheese and Hamburger (there’s a trend here). My kids ate the regular menu. DD and DS LOVED the shrimp; I couldn’t peel them fast enough to keep up with them. The salad was good as always, but the skewer meats were just okay. The dessert was okay. I like it, but it would be nice to have more choices.

Service here was really poor. First they seemed to forget about us after we checked in. We arrived at 4:50 PM for our 5:20 ADR and there was no one at the check in stand. I checked us in at 5:00 PM when someone came up to the desk. We were finally seated about 6 PM after I went back to the desk to inquire. It was pretty obvious they had misplaced our name, so I was glad I said something rather then continuing to wait patiently. Once we were at the table, our server was very inattentive and drinks went unfilled, no seconds were offered etc. I know that other times we have been provided with clean plates or at least a bowl to put the shrimp shells in, but there was absolutely no table bussing this time. Everything just piled up and we had to shift it around. I also missed the warm washcloths they used to bring to clean your hands from the shrimp – we got a bunch of packets of wet wipes instead.

Ratings:
Service: D
Food: B- (the salad and shrimp were the only stand-outs and brought it up from a C)
Atmosphere: A (the kids enjoyed the hula lesson and the entertainer was good)

Overall: ‘Ohana has been a family favorite of ours and a Must-do, but it’s off our list for a while now. We could cope with the menu changes, although they really reduced the appeal of this restaurant, but terrible service with only okay food is something we can skip next trip. I’m kind of sad to see this favorite heading downhill. Hopefully I’ll hear from you’all that they’ve turned it around before our next trip, otherwise we’ll just go elsewhere.

We went to Ohana's on 12/5 for dinner and although we were seated pretty quickly (within 15 mins) I'd agree about the service. It was adequate but not outstanding and the only things we liked were the shrimp and salad too! The meat was pretty inedible and tough - very overdone and the sausage was very very lean (which a sausage should not be IMHO!) - in fact my hubbie didn't even eat more than one mouthful of the turkey as it was so dry! Really the only thing redeeming some of the steak was the dipping sauce for the chips that we used to douse the meat to make it edible! Oh well...it was an experience but not one we'll be back for soon.

I would not have been happy to have to wait over an hour to be seated! Thanks for the review.

Remind me not to make the same ADRs as you! ;) Your luck did not seem to be with you!
Hopefully you had a good meal somewhere at WDW. :)
Seems like we read quite often reviews about OHana's that mirror yours. I see a trend too. ;)

Thanks for sharing your review, sorry to hear Ohana was not up to standard. :sad2:

Luv2Roam said:
Remind me not to make the same ADRs as you! ;) Your luck did not seem to be with you!
Hopefully you had a good meal somewhere at WDW. :)
Seems like we read quite often reviews about OHana's that mirror yours. I see a trend too. ;)

Actually, you must have missed a few. We had truly wonderful meals at 1900 Park Fare, Cape May Cafe, and Chefs which I have reviewed also and would strongly recommend. Tony's was fine, but not outstanding.

I still haven't written reviews for Crystal Palace, PTC, or Garden Grill (I do have to unpack sometime!) ;) Also, those are 3 restaturants I have raved about in the past and would continue to recommend, so it's not news that they were good this trip.

I think the negatives at 'Ohana and WCC really stood out for me as these have been regular favorites of our and the bad experience was really surprising!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter