Ohana Solo

ellbell

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done Ohana dinner solo? I have gone on a few solo trips but always skip it because of the amount of food they bring and I'd feel guilty about the waste. Do they reduce the amount for a solo diner?

The family skillet restaurants like Ohana do bring smaller portions for solo diners. It will still be a lot of food, but they aren't bringing out a family-sized platter for one person.

I did accidentally get a 4 person platter at Trail's End once, but that wasn't intentional.

Yeah I was gonna say, all the family style restaurants scale down portions to the party, whether it's solo or pairs. I wasn't solo when eating at 'Ohana but for two of us they gave us much smaller skillets than the big groups. Still a lot (they still had to roll us out of the restaurant!) but not crazy. I will say some places are better at scaling for solos than others. Garden Grill was still way too much food with the solo portion, but LTT was just right.

Yeah I was gonna say, all the family style restaurants scale down portions to the party, whether it's solo or pairs. I wasn't solo when eating at 'Ohana but for two of us they gave us much smaller skillets than the big groups. Still a lot (they still had to roll us out of the restaurant!) but not crazy. I will say some places are better at scaling for solos than others. Garden Grill was still way too much food with the solo portion, but LTT was just right.
I hope it would be even less than a pair. I've gone as a pair and that was still too much for 2

I've gone solo and the skillets seemed smaller than tables around me (which is totally fine and appropriate). I'll be going back for Springtime Surprise since I had a great time my last visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter