• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

'Ohana Review

Ate there in February and it was definitely rushed. Would have loved to take more time there and relax a bit. The food was great but came way too fast and there is soooooooo much of it.

Well for our situation I would rather bit be rushed than slow. We have reservations for 4:00 and then we are headed to MNSSHP.

Our night there was wonderful. We were not rushed at all. We ate at a relaxed pace and felt no pressure to do otherwise.

We had a person with us who has severe allergies, so the chef came out to speak with her personally. He brought out her substitutions himself. He was so attentive, constantly checking on her, I thought he might as well pull up a chair and join us. There was A LOT of food, much more than we are used to eating. Even my husband couldn't handle it all with his BIG appetite. The servers were very accommodating, and they seemed disappointed when we didn't want more food. I pulled our waiter aside and told him that we just can't eat that much, and he whispered, "I know what you mean, but usually people just keep on having more." My favorite was the noodles and Szechuan steak. The shrimp was good too, but I don't like to peel it myself, so I only had a little. Unfortunately by the time dessert came, I just took one little taste. DH had my serving, which was too bad for me, because it was delicious. Next time, I will skip the bread in the beginning and just focus on my favorites instead of tasting everything. Lesson learned.

The coconut races were well under control, and they went around the entire restaurant. The room was not noisy or rowdy. The staff were very enthusiastic, and everyone was enjoying themselves.

I can't wait to eat at 'Ohana again!

I am glad you enjoyed the food there. We eat there twice every trip for dinner and this past June we had both kinds of waiters. Take your time and the rush rush rush. I however have a simple system for the rush rush rush. I tell them to come back when we have finished the course we are working on. As a rule everyone listens to me. Only once did I have to use Marine Command Voice on a waitress and that was years ago.

I am glad you enjoyed the food there. We eat there twice every trip for dinner and this past June we had both kinds of waiters. Take your time and the rush rush rush. I however have a simple system for the rush rush rush. I tell them to come back when we have finished the course we are working on. As a rule everyone listens to me. Only once did I have to use Marine Command Voice on a waitress and that was years ago.
I love that. For me, it's my Teacher's stern voice. Either way, it's important to stand up for yourself and not let anyone walk all over you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter