• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana question

CrankyDad

Mouseketeer
We are going in January. Odd one, but we have one adult in the party that is really really picky and it makes planning meals a little tough

Rest or party wants to do dinner her, but she would not like anything on the menu. BUT she will eat nuggets no problem. Can we get an order there? That way rest of us get pick of place we want and she can be part of it.

Thanks

We are going in January. Odd one, but we have one adult in the party that is really really picky and it makes planning meals a little tough

Rest or party wants to do dinner her, but she would not like anything on the menu. BUT she will eat nuggets no problem. Can we get an order there? That way rest of us get pick of place we want and she can be part of it.

Thanks

They do have a children's selection, but I'm not sure it includes nuggets. Either way, that's a VERY expensive chicken nugget meal.

Yes, you can order nuggets and fries, a couple of orders if needed. She will still be charged the adult price of $43. She will also get a drink and dessert. If she will not eat the bread pudding, you can ask for ice cream or whatever the kids dessert is at the time. It's currently rice krispie treats with a white chocolate drizzle and Mickey sprinkles. For kids, we also offer mac and cheese, grilled cheese, hamburgers, cheeseburgers and hot dogs.

We are all on dining plan. While I would not "waste" it on nuggets and fries, it is an option it appears. We really want to have dinner there and while I would just say to her, meet us in the parks later, she is not that type.. Soooo if this is an choice, we can put it out there and let it be what it will.

Sister in law btw.. lol I am just trying to avoid family drama and enjoy the trip...

That is a tough one. There really should be no reason everyone should miss out on a great restaurant because she is picky. I guess your only leg work is just what you are doing. Inquiring if something else an he ordered. Thankfully for her Disney is very accommodating for most people and would rarely tell some one no. Like pp mention just going to be expensive chicken nuggets. Maybe she needs to be encouraged to venture a little and try new things. They offer a lot at ohana- chicken beef and shrimp etc. I have never been there but goingbto on our next trip.

Sounds like this isn't the only problems she causes. Lol. Some people thrive on being difficult. Good luck with your trip planning.

She can eat nuggets but just pointing out that chicken on a skewer is available as well and might satisfy her.
I'm so glad I grew up in a pre nugget time frame and know what most of them consist of.
SMH just SMH.

This restaurant is amazing and one picky person shouldn't hold back everyone else from experiencing it. It is a bit of a waste of a dining credit for chicken nuggets and fries, but I think everyone else will really enjoy it

The bread and salad are delicious, and things that a picky eater could enjoy. Same for the steak and chicken on skewers. They will bring plain vanilla ice cream if you ask for it.

The children's items that we were offered were a hamburger, chicken nuggets, hot dog, and grilled cheese sandwich. I'm sure that she will not be the first or last adult to ask for items from the kids menu.

It makes me wonder what other places you are considering eating as shrimp, chicken, steak, bread, noodles, vegetables, chicken wings,and pot stickers (egg rolls) are not really that "out there" when it comes to what you find at a lot of Disney places. I'd go for it as it is always one of the places we eat at EVERY trip and my entire family looks forward to it.

Your sil will be served some of the children's selections if that's what she wants. I would look at this occasion as any other buffet, character meal, etc. you are paying for more than food and let the rest go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter