'Ohana party of 1.

I never have a problem booking a party of 1 at any restaurant except at 'Ohana, which prompted this post. 😀
Lucky you! I always seem to have issues. I find it very difficult to book adrs for one. If i do find a table, its for a time that i cant make. In that case i'll search two and a better time will pop up. Go figure.

Disney is weird. If the available table is a 2 too, then we book 2. There is no innate logic that says hmm, 1 person would be ok. Nope, goes straight to no soup for you!

We see this w odd number of diners often. Party of 3? Nope. Party of 4? Yep, it’s available

You book 2, show up solo and enjoy your meal!

I usually modify the reservation from two down to one if I'll be dining solo at any WDW restaurant, because I got tired of seeing the hostesses' sad faces when I had to tell them I was by myself. I can avoid disappointing them that there is no second customer, by modifying the reservation to one, ahead of time.

Lucky you! I always seem to have issues. I find it very difficult to book adrs for one. If i do find a table, its for a time that i cant make. In that case i'll search two and a better time will pop up. Go figure.
I'm really sorry to hear that. One of the things I love about going to Walt Disney World, are the restaurants. And that was the reason for this post, because I couldn't understand why I could get into any restaurant accept Ohana. Now, I tend to eat on the early side, like between 5 and 6 pm, so maybe that's why it's easier? And as soon as my 180 day window opens up I'm on the computer making my ADR s.

I'm really sorry to hear that. One of the things I love about going to Walt Disney World, are the restaurants. And that was the reason for this post, because I couldn't understand why I could get into any restaurant accept Ohana. Now, I tend to eat on the early side, like between 5 and 6 pm, so maybe that's why it's easier? And as soon as my 180 day window opens up I'm on the computer making my ADR s.
Yes, dont give up! keep trying if you cant get an ADR. But i would honestly consider booking for 2 ppl if you have trouble with 1. Like i said, I always do that when i dont like the time that pops up for my single booking.

I believe the person you quoted meant that there are zero tables with just one chair, not that parties of 1 aren't allowed to eat there.

This. The only place I have known that does have places for one is the counter at Beaches and Cream. And who knows if that is still going to be an option once it's redone.

Of course solos can eat at any location. But in all likelihood it will be at a 2-top.

Edit to add: Breakfast and lunch at BOG I often find a time for 1 when no times show up for 2 or more simply because that is seat yourself.

Does the “as long as one person does up”
Rule of thumb apply to larger parties? We would be a party of 4 but I’m hesitant to book because my husband might be flying down solo- if his plane gets delayed only the 3 of us would make the res and I didn’t want to have to pay for his no show fee but also we wouldn’t know until a few hours before the meal... my thinking is that it doesn’t take a table
From another party because we’d still need to be seated at a 4-top either way?

Does the “as long as one person does up”
Rule of thumb apply to larger parties? We would be a party of 4 but I’m hesitant to book because my husband might be flying down solo- if his plane gets delayed only the 3 of us would make the res and I didn’t want to have to pay for his no show fee but also we wouldn’t know until a few hours before the meal... my thinking is that it doesn’t take a table
From another party because we’d still need to be seated at a 4-top either way?

Yes. As long as someone shows up you are fine - especially when only 1 is a no-show. I added that tag because I do not know what they would do if only one from a large party showed up. I have sometimes found an ADR for 4 when it is just me, but I always modify it down to 1 so it is clear how many will be there. But in your situation it is fine as 3 or 4 would be at the same size table.

Disney is weird. If the available table is a 2 too, then we book 2. There is no innate logic that says hmm, 1 person would be ok. Nope, goes straight to no soup for you!

We see this w odd number of diners often. Party of 3? Nope. Party of 4? Yep, it’s available

You book 2, show up solo and enjoy your meal!
This, exactly. We are usually a party of three and I always make reservations for four by default. Half the time, the system won’t even let me modify the reservation down to three after it has been booked. The CMs have always concurred that the system is wonky when we show up with one less to the reservation.

****Update ****
Since my original post, I have begun looking at 2020 dining choices. Now, I hope what I am seeing is NOT going to be the norm....but the majority of restaurants that I would have easily booked as a party of 1, now are either not showing any availability or just at 8PM. Change the party to 2, and I have my choice.

I don't know what made me check. Maybe in the back of my mind I kept hearing all of you telling of the difficulties you had.
So it now looks like for many of my favorite restaurants, I'll be making my ADR's with party of 2 where necessay.

****Update ****
Since my original post, I have begun looking at 2020 dining choices. Now, I hope what I am seeing is NOT going to be the norm....but the majority of restaurants that I would have easily booked as a party of 1, now are either not showing any availability or just at 8PM. Change the party to 2, and I have my choice.

I don't know what made me check. Maybe in the back of my mind I kept hearing all of you telling of the difficulties you had.
So it now looks like for many of my favorite restaurants, I'll be making my ADR's with party of 2 where necessay.

I always do party of 2 (unless I'm going for Be Our Guest at breakfast or lunch) when I make them and then modify them down to 1 (unless I'm going to 'Ohana). It's just easier that way. And if I forget to modify down, no harm, no foul. I'd be at a 2-top (at least) anyway.

I always do party of 2 (unless I'm going for Be Our Guest at breakfast or lunch) when I make them and then modify them down to 1 (unless I'm going to 'Ohana). It's just easier that way. And if I forget to modify down, no harm, no foul. I'd be at a 2-top (at least) anyway.
I did a test. Many talk about modify down. I actually just made an ADR for next March, party of 2. Got my reservation number. Went back into the system to change. When I got to the screen and changed the 2 to 1, system said " nothing available". Is there another way of making the modification where it doesn't look for availability, just changes the party number???

I did a test. Many talk about modify down. I actually just made an ADR for next March, party of 2. Got my reservation number. Went back into the system to change. When I got to the screen and changed the 2 to 1, system said " nothing available". Is there another way of making the modification where it doesn't look for availability, just changes the party number???

Maybe a new glitch. I have always been able to click modify and change it to 1 and the same time pops up. (Other than ‘Ohana.)

But as I said, if you don’t - or if the system is being weird - there is no problem as long as you show up. Worst case just say your friend had to cancel on you at the last minute - but I have never been asked if I have not modified it down.

book it for 2. You wont' have issues. They don't care so long as somebody shows up. But you can also go to the Tambu Lounge and order the combo skewer, pot stickers, wings and bread pudding.

Maybe a new glitch. I have always been able to click modify and change it to 1 and the same time pops up. (Other than ‘Ohana.)

But as I said, if you don’t - or if the system is being weird - there is no problem as long as you show up. Worst case just say your friend had to cancel on you at the last minute - but I have never been asked if I have not modified it down.
Thanks for all your help!!

book it for 2. You wont' have issues. They don't care so long as somebody shows up. But you can also go to the Tambu Lounge and order the combo skewer, pot stickers, wings and bread pudding.
Now that's a great idea!!!!! Thank you!

I believe only the skewer is on the menu, but as long as the Ohana kitchen is open you can ask for the other items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter