'Ohana party of 1.

Ms. WDW

A DIS Veteran who just won't grow up!
I'm trying to figure out why I can never get an AD at 'Ohana's when I'm traveling alone. According to MDE, ANY TIME that I search for with a party of 1 nothing is available. Begin a new search on the same day, but now for a party of 2 and BINGO! I have my choice of times. Now, I have eaten there, but quite awhile ago and with hubby when he was with me. But I take yearly solo trips and it would be nice to eat there.
I know it's a popular restaurant, but come on. Even 180 days out if I'm solo, it's not gona happen. :confused3

Any thoughts???? :confused::confused:

Have you tried calling, (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463 by chance? The system seems to struggle with some odd number combinations like you can get a table for 8 or 10 but not 9. I'd call they can probably help.

Have you tried calling, (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463 by chance? The system seems to struggle with some odd number combinations like you can get a table for 8 or 10 but not 9. I'd call they can probably help.
Actually yes, I did. And they didn't know what to say! They too saw availability for 2, but not 1.
Thanks for your reply!

Actually yes, I did. And they didn't know what to say! They too saw availability for 2, but not 1.
Thanks for your reply!

It is a known issue particularly at ‘Ohana. Book for 2 and you will be fine.

Book the reservation for 2. As a solo traveler I’ve had to do it before. Disney’s algorithms don’t like odd numbered parties. When you show up tell them it’s just one and there won’t be any issues.
Hummm...I had mentioned that to someone and was cautioned against it. Can't remember exactly what they said, something about a charge. But you have done this?

Hummm...I had mentioned that to someone and was cautioned against it. Can't remember exactly what they said, something about a charge. But you have done this?

As long as someone shows up, there is no charge. They are fully aware that the system for ‘Ohana does not “do” single people. It is not a fan of odd numbered parties, but solo in particular is definitely a known issue.

Yup I’ve done it many times. I even once emailed Disney to confirm this. As previous poster said as long as someone shows up you aren’t charged a no show fee.

There is genuinely no need whatsoever to modify an ADR from two to one. While 'Ohana does have a table or two for three people, they have zero seating for one.

There is genuinely no need whatsoever to modify an ADR from two to one. While 'Ohana does have a table or two for three people, they have zero seating for one.
I do hope that's an assumption, because I would hate to think 'Ohana is the ONLY restaurant on Disney property who discourages solo travelers from eating at their restaurant. I have never, in the 30 years of traveling to WDW, ever found a restaurant with "zero" seating for one, including signature restaurants.
But thank you for your input!

I do hope that's an assumption, because I would hate to think 'Ohana is the ONLY restaurant on Disney property who discourages solo travelers from eating at their restaurant. I have never, in the 30 years of traveling to WDW, ever found a restaurant with "zero" seating for one, including signature restaurants.
But thank you for your input!

I believe the person you quoted meant that there are zero tables with just one chair, not that parties of 1 aren't allowed to eat there.

I believe the person you quoted meant that there are zero tables with just one chair, not that parties of 1 aren't allowed to eat there.
That makes sense. I know that I have seen tables for 2 there, so why not seat 1 person, if available.
Thanks for your help!

That makes sense. I know that I have seen tables for 2 there, so why not seat 1 person, if available.
Thanks for your help!

I think there is just a quirk in their ADR algorithm that messes up when you search for a party of 1 and so solo travelers have learned that it's easiest to just make their ADR's for 2 because it isn't going to affect the type of table they get anyway since there are no tables for one in any of the restaurants.

Book the reservation for 2. As a solo traveler I’ve had to do it before. Disney’s algorithms don’t like odd numbered parties. When you show up tell them it’s just one and there won’t be any issues.
Ive done this many times on my solo trips. I had to book for 2 for almost every ADR, then at check in i'd tell the host im alone. Never been an issue. Sometimes i go into the app and change it from 2 to 1. Most of the time it allows me to make that change. When it doesnt, i just leave it at 2. I cant be bothered calling (im from canada, so that would be long distance for me).

Ive done this many times on my solo trips. I had to book for 2 for almost every ADR, then at check in i'd tell the host im alone. Never been an issue. Sometimes i go into the app and change it from 2 to 1. Most of the time it allows me to make that change. When it doesnt, i just leave it at 2. I cant be bothered calling (im from canada, so that would be long distance for me).
I never have a problem booking a party of 1 at any restaurant except at 'Ohana, which prompted this post. 😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter