Ohana or Whispering Canyon?

ultimatefans

DIS Veteran
We are a party of 10 and deciding on our meal for arrival day, we're staying at the Fort. 4 adults, 6 kids, mostly teenagers. We have been to WDW many times and are traveling with friends that are first-timers. We will be celebrating a birthday, but more importantly reconnecting with these friends that live very far away and we haven't seen in a couple of years. We've been to Ohana breakfast 2-3 times but never dinner, and have never been to WCC. We will not have a car so WCC wins for transportation, we'd most likely just use Lyft to get to Ohana. I keep going back and forth on which would be better, which would you choose for our situation?

Not a fan of Ohana, so my vote is WCC.
Ohana, the food is ok. If you are trying to reconnect with friends, we found Ohana to be very crowded and very noisy, not that WCC is quiet.
Recent reviews for Ohana has been the food is ok, but the meal felt very rushed.

I would also vote WCC as you have more options. Various entrees to choose from plus apps if you just want something smaller. My friend and I really enjoyed the gold rush chips in December. And with that many people, you can easily do the 10 Gallon Challenge :)

I'm a big fan of Ohana. I like the food, all of it... from the salad to the dessert. It's our go to spot. But with that said I also like WCC. The food selections between the restaurants are pretty diverse. I'd check out the menu and see what works best for your family.

*the other posters are correct, Ohana is LOUD

We are a party of 10 and deciding on our meal for arrival day, we're staying at the Fort. 4 adults, 6 kids, mostly teenagers. We have been to WDW many times and are traveling with friends that are first-timers. We will be celebrating a birthday, but more importantly reconnecting with these friends that live very far away and we haven't seen in a couple of years. We've been to Ohana breakfast 2-3 times but never dinner, and have never been to WCC. We will not have a car so WCC wins for transportation, we'd most likely just use Lyft to get to Ohana. I keep going back and forth on which would be better, which would you choose for our situation?

WCC. It's so much more convenient and people can order what they would like off the menu. The boat ride from Ft. W to WL is also so lovely. Our last O'hana experience was quite bad - our server was nowhere to be found for most of the meal and the food was quite bad. It's also a chaotic mess checking in and waiting for O'hana.

Not a fan of Ohana, so my vote is WCC.
Ohana, the food is ok. If you are trying to reconnect with friends, we found Ohana to be very crowded and very noisy, not that WCC is quiet.
Recent reviews for Ohana has been the food is ok, but the meal felt very rushed.

DIS review was way off, IMHO and certainly not close to our experience.

OURS: as recent as 10 days ago: Food was excellent; bread, salad, wings, noodles, chicken, stead, shrimp and infamous bread pudding all well above par! Servers all VERY attentive and accommodating.

OHANA and WCC are both very loud restaurants, as are many in WDW. (California Grill trumped them both on noise level!). Menus are vastly different, OHANA is more expensive. It just depends what you are looking for.

Yes, both are loud. I've had much better food and service at WCC than at Ohana. However, if you're looking for a place for quiet conversation, I'd skip both of these and start over with some other options.

I like both places, but with a party of 10 and 6 kids I would definitely choose WCC. The variety of food and also the accessibility from Boat from Fort Wilderness is also a plus.

Yes, both are loud. I've had much better food and service at WCC than at Ohana. However, if you're looking for a place for quiet conversation, I'd skip both of these and start over with some other options.
Thanks! We were looking for more fun than quiet - something to introduce them to the uniqueness of Disney and celebrate a birthday and make some memories together. We have some quieter options planned during the week but wanted a unique Disney dinner the first night and give the kids an easy way to reconnect.

After all these comments I think WCC is definitely the way to go for us, especially with the recent changes it might not be as loud as it's been in the past. I truly appreciate everyone taking the time to answer! Thank you!!

I would look at the menus and decide which is more your group’s speed, but we do love ‘Ohana. We go back in June and I’m just pretending I don’t hear the less than stellar comments and living blissfully in denial until I see otherwise.

I would look at the menus and decide which is more your group’s speed, but we do love ‘Ohana. We go back in June and I’m just pretending I don’t hear the less than stellar comments and living blissfully in denial until I see otherwise.
lol - I certainly don't think you're alone in that!!

For me, the only thing that Ohana had going for it was being located at the Poly with a nice view. I was pleasantly surprised by WCC last trip and would definitely go again. Ohana was a one and done for us.

'Ohana stinks. I've never been to WCC but I would choose any other place over Overpriced 'Ohana.

If you like tough, overcooked, underseasoned steak and Asian style appetizers from the supermarket freezer section, then you might like 'Ohana.

I had dinner at 'Ohana in September 2016. I had lunch in Whispering Canyon a few months ago. I would choose 'Ohana based on my experiences. I wasn't blown away by either, but found the food at 'Ohana better. I was "meh" on WCC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter