Ohana or Cape May Breakfast

Pyxie

DIS Veteran
Purely from a food standpoint, which is better? I do like that Ohana has Stitch which isn't a regular character at any other meal, but trying to decide between the 2.

For us it's a toss up on the food quality. Neither stands at as exceptional, but both for us are good as far as character breakfast food goes. No negative comments on either. Ohana has pineapple with some items (like the ham) as it's a more tropical theme. So many go based on which food appeals to you more, or the location, or the characters...

'Ohana

Edited to add: You asked about food specifically, but I would choose 'Ohana for food, ambience, and characters.

We have done both and for food quality Cape May wins. My family loves the omelet station. There are also more choices to make everyone at your table happy.
Either one will be great, though!

I went to Cape May in June and absolutely loved the food and the entire experience. We were more there for the general atmosphere and buffet than the character visits, but it did feel like there was a ton of character interaction compared to other places we tried, maybe because it's a relatively small space (for example, Crystal Palace was fun but felt impersonal and chaotic compared to Cape May). The beach theme and character outfits are adorable too.

We were also considering Ohana for breakfast and had a reservation there too, but in the end, what sold us is that buffets provide more variety than skillets. But the skillet looks really good too, and obviously there's Stitch, so I don't think you can go wrong with either place. Honestly, we were turned off by Ohana for dinner earlier in in the trip (the vibes and food were not great compared to our visit 12 years ago) and that's the main reason we ended up canceling our breakfast reservation, but I bet it's completely different at breakfast.

Of the 2 have only done Cape May the last time was in 2021 but have heard it has changed. If you want a really good breakfast I would do Boma, Ale & Compass, or Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Of the 2 have only done Cape May the last time was in 2021 but have heard it has changed. If you want a really good breakfast I would do Boma, Ale & Compass, or Whispering Canyon Cafe.

This one is partially for my daughter who loves character meals.

I'm doing Boma in November with my brother.

I went to Cape May in June and absolutely loved the food and the entire experience. We were more there for the general atmosphere and buffet than the character visits, but it did feel like there was a ton of character interaction compared to other places we tried, maybe because it's a relatively small space (for example, Crystal Palace was fun but felt impersonal and chaotic compared to Cape May). The beach theme and character outfits are adorable too.

We were also considering Ohana for breakfast and had a reservation there too, but in the end, what sold us is that buffets provide more variety than skillets. But the skillet looks really good too, and obviously there's Stitch, so I don't think you can go wrong with either place. Honestly, we were turned off by Ohana for dinner earlier in in the trip (the vibes and food were not great compared to our visit 12 years ago) and that's the main reason we ended up canceling our breakfast reservation, but I bet it's completely different at breakfast.

I'm leaning a bit towards Cape May simply for the variety on a buffet. The Ohana skillet looks good and most of our family would like it, but my daughter is really the outlier. She's very picky and I'm not sure she'd really eat anything. But I did see chocolate chip pancakes listed on Cape May's buffet and I do think she'd eat that..

If you can’t switch to Tusker House, it is the best character buffet breakfast IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter