• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OHANA Opens 7/9 - AWAITING REVIEWS :|

What is the deal with WDW and Chimichurri sauce? I feel like it is used on just about every skillet since they reopened. I know you can ask for it on the side, but still.
Probably bought it wholesale and found they could get guaranteed delivery for a long period of time. Less labor intensive in case kitchen staff isn’t available.

What is the deal with WDW and Chimichurri sauce? I feel like it is used on just about every skillet since they reopened. I know you can ask for it on the side, but still.

Haha I was thinking the same. They always throw it on what they serve during Club Level service as well - I don’t get the appeal

So incredibly happy to finally see this. I joined Twitter just to blast Cheap-ek about the noodles & other changes.
I had taken ‘Ohana off our must do list, looks like it’s back on!!! Hooray!

But is the peanut sauce back?
Dropping peanut sauce saying it's for allergies while leaving a nut crumble on the salad puts the lie to it.

That is my only disappointment so far - no dipping sauces. I can understand if they were phasing out the peanut sauce due to allergies, but that doesn't explain the lack of the sweet and sour sauce. Or why they couldn't substitute a teriyaki sauce.

What is the crumble on the salad?!? I’m allergic to some tree nuts (cashews and pine nuts specifically) but am fine with peanuts. So thanks for the heads up. I am also deeply mourning the loss of those sauces.

I never loved the old bread and I thought the new bread options looked better BUT overall this is a much better meal. Glad people sent feedback.

And they also dropped the sausage from the menu. For the price of a Disney meal, anyone should know that sausage is one of the cheapest items you can serve so no surprise there either.
It's definitely a cheap filler item but lots of people gave it good reviews in their write ups. Some said it was the best thing! Maybe they were just embarrassed about it lol.

^^ I also put more weight into what actual people who went to Disney posting good/bad reviews have to say. It wouldn't surprise me to find that many of the well-known bloggers get incentives from Disney due to their popularity and I consider them less objective in their reviews.

Still think people should read the Disney posted menus before eating somewhere. If I don't like sushi (for example) and go someplace that only has sushi on the menu, that wouldn't be a reason to write a bad review.

^^ I also put more weight into what actual people who went to Disney posting good/bad reviews have to say. It wouldn't surprise me to find that many of the well-known bloggers get incentives from Disney due to their popularity and I consider them less objective in their reviews.

Still think people should read the Disney posted menus before eating somewhere. If I don't like sushi (for example) and go someplace that only has sushi on the menu, that wouldn't be a reason to write a bad review.

I would say that well known bloggers are more scared to give negative reviews because they worry about not being invited to future press events. There are a few that don't mince words though when the food is sub-par.

It's definitely a cheap filler item but lots of people gave it good reviews in their write ups. Some said it was the best thing! Maybe they were just embarrassed about it lol.

The kielbasa was the only part of the new menu I was low key excited about…I’m perfectly fine giving it up for the old menu though.

I'm with the others that say BRING BACK THE SAUCES!! There is no reason for them to not be able to have the peanut and sweet and sour sauces. My son had a peanut allergy and we still ate at Ohana and he just kept the sauce on the other side of the table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter