OHANA Opens 7/9 - AWAITING REVIEWS :|

Whoa, glad I read that Blog Mickey review along with the user in this thread. I'm going tonight so I'm glad I won't be surprised when I see something different.

Keep in mind, Sebastian's Bistro is ONLY $29/adult and I can already tell I'll prob love that already more than this. For half the price, Sebastian's seems like the better deal. I cannot WAIT to go back to Sebastians, soo good and so worth it. May not have the full variety of Ohana but its damn good. I suspect tonight's Ohana will be a fun time, but prob wont compare to Sebastian's and definitely not close to my amazing Sanaa meal the other night.

Whoa, glad I read that Blog Mickey review along with the user in this thread. I'm going tonight so I'm glad I won't be surprised when I see something different.

Keep in mind, Sebastian's Bistro is ONLY $29/adult and I can already tell I'll prob love that already more than this. For half the price, Sebastian's seems like the better deal. I cannot WAIT to go back to Sebastians, soo good and so worth it. May not have the full variety of Ohana but its damn good. I suspect tonight's Ohana will be a fun time, but prob wont compare to Sebastian's and definitely not close to my amazing Sanaa meal the other night.

I should try Sebastian’s as I’ve heard lots of good things. Have a great time tonight! But also give constructive feedback if appropriate!

Surprisingly landed a 10am Ohana this morning about 9am from OKW. It was a great way to start our MK day. Quick review:

Pineapple Bread - Just a slight step above Entenmanns (Sorry)
Potatoes - Excellent...well spiced and well cooked.
Sausage - Typical Disney breakfast sausage. Well cooked.
Eggs - Tasted fine but questioned if they were instant. I said no but the wife says yes.
Ham - Delicious. (Secretly wished SPAM was served though..ssshhh)
Waffles - Best we've had on property. Fresh!
POG Juice - Awesome as usual.
Atmosphere - The best part. There is no better hotel on property in our opinion. We just love being at the Poly and starting our day there. So happy to be part of the first wave of the OHANA reopening.
We are back for dinner tomorrow night!......
Is coffee included with the breakfast price?

Is the singer with the ukelele still going to sing "over the rainbow" walking around the dining room? Seems appropriate for this restaurant now.

Sebastian’s does look better, however it’s not all you care to eat. Though you could almost order 2 skillets there for the price of O’hana! I have reservations for late August, we’ll probably cancel if the menu stays as it is, roasted chicken, sausages, & shrimp casserole just are not all that appetizing. I’m very torn because we loved the old O’hana & visit every trip - at least once! I’m not getting my hopes up….

Sebastian’s does look better, however it’s not all you care to eat. Though you could almost order 2 skillets there for the price of O’hana! I have reservations for late August, we’ll probably cancel if the menu stays as it is, roasted chicken, sausages, & shrimp casserole just are not all that appetizing. I’m very torn because we loved the old O’hana & visit every trip - at least once! I’m not getting my hopes up….
Sebastian's is, indeed, all you care to eat.

We liked the pre-COVID 'Ohana, especially the shrimp skewers. I get that a lot of the negative reactions are because Disney is changing something people like, but I'm more like meh, there's nothing on the menu now that looks particularly appealing and the menu construction is just weird for the theme of the resort.

Sebastian's is, indeed, all you care to eat.
Yes, I believe you are right! A few blogs said I it was not, then some said it was. DFB reported they were able to request more & they are pretty reliable! A good value for Disney if you like that type of food. Unfortunately, it would not go over well with the majority of my family!

Keep us posted on how it is.

Other than Covid, I just dont see why Ohana isnt doing skewers. Hopefully they bring them back. Isnt that huge open firepit kitchen designed for that style of cooking? The Apps and Dessert look great but the mains look bad, not worth $55 per person

Looking at the pictures of the bread pudding, where are the bananas? It used to be bananas foster sauce. That just looks like caramel sauce from a jar.
Just ate here tonight. Very disappointing. It was a coconut/pineapple bread pudding, not as good at all!
Don't ask about the shrimp casserole, and I did not like the steak either.
Boo Disney. Boo.

Just ate here tonight. Very disappointing. It was a coconut/pineapple bread pudding, not as good at all!
Don't ask about the shrimp casserole, and I did not like the steak either.
Boo Disney. Boo.

Yikes - did they still walk around to get opinions from each table?

I have tried for DAYS to get a Sebastian's reservation, to no avail.

I was hoping the feedback would be better… I have both Be Our Guest and Ohana on the same day. We’re going with my parents and I was hoping we could do dinner in their resort day there but the mains look awful. I can’t see paying $55/person for salad, chicken wings and noodles. I will have to choose in a few weeks (both is too much in one day) but I am leaning heavily towards Be Our Guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter