• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana--no more skewers?

GeneralTso

DIS Veteran
Aloha,
I just took a look at the Ohana dinner menu and noticed it had a skillet instead of the skewers. Shoot.
So, no more servers moving around the room with skewers that they serve directly onto your plate?

For those who have been recently, how did you like it (or not)?
Looks like all the other items are the same.

Aloha,
I just took a look at the Ohana dinner menu and noticed it had a skillet instead of the skewers. Shoot.
So, no more servers moving around the room with skewers that they serve directly onto your plate?

For those who have been recently, how did you like it (or not)?
Looks like all the other items are the same.

Correct, no more skewers moving from plate to plate. We like it. Much safer and less waste. Meats are plated individually and delivered straight from the open grill, so just as good

Does this mean the steak doesn't look like its still alive when he comes to you? Can I ask for well done?

We ate there in November. It was good up until the entrees (what you are really paying for)...inedible, especially the steak.

That’s too bad. My one steak medallion at Ohana was 10x better than the $60 shoe leather served at Yachtsman

We went this past week. Scones and salad ok. Like the welcome bread better. Steak was chewy. We each ate one piece. Shrimp was mushy. It is cooked with peppers. Pot stickers, noodles and chicken wings were all excellent. Chicken was different, with a chimi churry (sp) sauce. It was very good! Bread pudding was a bit different, no longer banana fosters, had more pineapple in the bread than before, but it was just as delicious. Excellent service. We won’t be back until it goes back to skewers, but that is just our opinion.

We went this past week. Scones and salad ok. Like the welcome bread better. Steak was chewy. We each ate one piece. Shrimp was mushy. It is cooked with peppers. Pot stickers, noodles and chicken wings were all excellent. Chicken was different, with a chimi churry (sp) sauce. It was very good! Bread pudding was a bit different, no longer banana fosters, had more pineapple in the bread than before, but it was just as delicious. Excellent service. We won’t be back until it goes back to skewers, but that is just our opinion.

I have always found the steak to be that way even on the skewers. Is the only offer steak and shrimp now? I thought there use to be a 3rd option.

They had chicken too. It was bone in chicken. It may have been off the grill, not sure. I like the old better, but this was tasty too.

Attachments

• 216E19F0-C24F-4EB2-9E5E-81DB238F32B0.jpeg
    216E19F0-C24F-4EB2-9E5E-81DB238F32B0.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 38
I see. I thought they used to have chicken or Turkey or something else on the skewers as well as the chicken on the bone.

Peanut sauce may not return to keep it nut friendly.

Peanut sauce may not return to keep it nut friendly.
I appreciate the response, so don't take this wrong, but if they still have the almond-sesame brittle on the salad, then they are not keeping it nut friendly.
They are just being cheap by removing yet another condiment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter