'OHANA means CHUNKY! An Aug 2017 Family TR THE END 4/26 - The Last Day and Trip Epilogue!

I even got ourselves multiple FP+ on Flight of Passage (for different days of course). It is doable everyone!

Good to hear. I've been hearing some horror stories.

This TR is going to be a challenge to write. Mainly because there were so many moving parts to the trip, I wasn't everywhere at the same time, plus I have pictures coming from many different sources, everyone's phones, photopass, my camera, etc. I will write it form my perspective and see if I can make this seem like a normal flowing TR but I may have to just randomly post pictures here and there that didn't make it into a post. :) Anyways, here goes...

Good luck!

At 5pm we all get the dreaded notification...our flight was delayed, and then delayed again.

The worst. :sad2:

Steve picked up some sneakers for the trip.

Oooohhh... Risky. Breaking in new shoes at Disney.

I did that once.

Once.

but this was was small and dirty

Lovely.

None of us got early boarding but since we do have children under 2 years old, we got the good ol kiddie priority boarding.

::yes:: I forgot to tell my DDs to not grow up. Now we can't get on first anymore.

l8XbVYAFHtVd7orDeirl-qePxXJQC7X4VzjaiCZiXnblHKPY8MAtEQ3GVRYW0xHAeGu19GNIDUy4Hso-W51v7enVJQJLUbIkYxTDCz7qLmSVTh9AOfsPt9Z0LiLzI4ZcF6W3A_HBVTcaa9kzlxSr-0uxL0TW__F702Yd9StSYY5V7bgw42NNJQBbBJa8moQnCDaM7E2xoTX2Q61KejfrPvZyetOcHWg1lBrhm9eCpx6jm7GMLHq6jW8703sfjFf_jNWSKwP1No84nk9yvaqto7Sl2NlkHPb4EU4SmimBN240FwaPmoJYSjuxXXwla5TAzZi-J6CPwu-l7dNUvqf7jqsiCJV-4QqfLmDjxcPiJAXWznmOuiiFQsduD7UNdln_GUNHXkwX7BC5QhMDh1_gEb7fB25QYhzCEs85yim2nYdRH_AstxMKs4jD_Nj9V1ZsRGGPA8mpWDJYb_z7cdmMRYdgzvUhPWDZ-rVQmsLjCZ23AZU8oX3g6sisqrRjN1wir6eZWnt1bY0qQNTWpPFSu263w_mGoo63JqukBWa1AvIFPf1M_VeyG_6glhp9pU-V0obMzFl-XPsZjBFfdDYx45G3pkSHvkl-wlYDc1mChp43I2WxRdgM5Q=w462-h616-no

That's just too cute with her peaking around the corner like that.

of course as soon as we land, the flight attendants tell us that the LAST airport monorail to the main terminal was about to leave and if we didn't catch it we'd have to take buses to the main terminal. Sigh.

I had no idea this happened!

Thank goodness we were in the front of the plane as we made it on the (crowded) monorail with a few moments to spare. Yup all 15 of us, I didn't lose anyone yet!

:worship:

Since it was such a late hour we had to go pick up our bags from baggage claim (Terminal A) and then go all the way to Magical Express (Terminal B).

::yes:: Been there. Done that.... several times.

Surprisingly despite the late hour, no one was cranky yet.

I think the word you're looking for is "shockingly".

Me saying "We're all here! My job is done! (NOT)"

:laughing:

We got on the bus which was fairly empty.

47Eh5vXZBtbbVVca7dly07FNXmHpG0lB4PrWezhP9s3n0rF23ThcFbfMDXdj6MXKYZQJIkV_7dVFN2ptg4fs_N8Q_7AY2NVbd88xrsjwdWL_0XVI-T0-AtqFztGPpj4VqB5Ms6XPDEQ-Z3FbW2rDOW9Vhcy-oDzD4WadjCpyWl_GWxLn0YhIe8cWSsi7x3me1xbUDtVIhQi1J5mot32MDGj1k77G-jjxwvVL_FImEnKjEYppPbi_6E5-7tO-qbK0uaLtzfO92yBacRNGEEq6ij09nJOe6Rw9QPqiqFb5iQYUlACrhnCQ7LOtnpEXKyDpuEiKwtr9Xe96jlndrSq76hExRK6EdqXzbZrz-A_tUDsOeVhUZlIEymnNuGu_u8PLKolaxJDpNaQgtAA6d-y1d-nSCxv_hs5jYCqr-FfahzyEh0HDTWGzfogvYyUgamuECXA-dEMAe39OHX_UQ4zKieDOzp9Jlo8kYlG3coQ_eso6EadJ3FUJDleeeQPZ6Scgyh8SCTSMndG3HQlq4rTdau-gc0phNf6J2IBm13R8kg8fRdlBJDPlxPlnNw3O7wpmEKwDCCM7qMGxOnBh-UhQJNahDEJZyKSMjlIbg9cJfnwZ1cwsvWcyQg=w825-h619-no

And you still let him sit in the same row as you?????

Really nice night-time photo!

Joining in and looking forward to hearIng all about your OHana adventures. The kiddos are absolutely adorable!

Oh yay I was hoping I'd find your trip report! I'm new, but I just read your last couple and was excited to hear how this trip turned out so had to comment!

Joining in! I've lurked on a couple of your other TR…I can't recall if I've commented though :oops:

That must be overwhelming to plan a trip for 15 people! Can't wait to see how it all turns out! Oh, and the kids are super adorable :-)

Hurrah! I can't wait to hear all about your trip! I can't even imagine the pressure of trying to make sure everyone had fun. Something tells me they did with you as planner and guide! I am giggling a bit at the picture in my head of your crew racing to the airport monorail with you in front and Steve directing the stragglers! The day sounds exhausting but you've arrived and sounds like you got the location you wanted. Looking forward to more!

So excited for this trip report!

What a great looking family you have and that group picture is awesome! Definitely frame worthy!

Glad you guys made it down after the delays. Travel days can be so stressful.

Following along! This trip already sounds amazing and exhausting all at once!

haha, it was extremely exhausting, but in a fun way. :)

Wow...didn't expect to hear from you so quickly. What a delightful surprise.

I'm on top of the TR! Meanwhile, my bags are still unpacked and I have a ton of laundry...because priorities. :rotfl:

I'm here so excited to follow along on your big family adventure :grouphug:
First what a beautiful family and such a great picture of everyone at 'Ohana's.
Glad everyone made it safely despite the delays.
When you were describing running to catch the monorail it reminded me of Home Alone :rotfl:
Glad everyone made it:thumbsup2

Thank you so much!
It was a crazy travel evening. I wish we didn't have to travel that late but the flight the next morning was double the price. And we got an extra night at Disney, so I guess it was worth the hassle, some would say. Others may differ, haha.
Yes we did have a home alone moment, with the dads carrying the double strollers in a case that looked like a backpack, I took some of their carryons while the moms ran with the kids. It was pretty funny now looking back at it.
:)

Hi! I am really excited about your new report. I just started reading them in the last six months. Your reports are awesome!

Thank you so much for reading and welcome!

I'm here at last :)) Looking forward to hearing more about the trip that I didn't already!!

I commend you for not losing your mind on this lol!! What a load of planning, I can't imagine.

Haha, it really isn't too bad, once everyone is linked up to you, it just limits the ADRs you can make because there are so many, for example Le Cellier would never take us all in at once, I'd have to break us up into smaller tables since the restaurant is so small.

We can't be friends anymore. Kidding :)) But really? PM is the BEST!!! Never a line, good place to put your feet up, good views all around...what's not to like??

Haha, I know right? It's the perfect ride! It's not that he doesn't like it, he does, he just doesn't know why I'm so obsessed with it and must ride it each time I go to MK!

Still haven't figured out who this one is. Must do some research but keep forgetting.

she has a show on the Disney channel, so she doesn't have a movie. She's gotten very popular though!

This must have been fun, to travel with the large group, at least at that point lol

It was fun for all of us to be together. It was so funny watching my nephew and niece basically rip off the seatbelt any chance they get and they would climb everything.

This is so cool We didn't get our bands until getting to the hotel because, Canadians are aliens lol. So I had to dig for my confirmation number etc so they could print out a voucher for the ME...and all these people were behind me wondering what was the holdup...sigh...

Oh I didn't know Canadians didn't get their bands, that's too bad it would seem easy for them since it's north America but I guess it's the rule for all international guests?

Such a beautiful family. I'm looking forward to following along and seeing your great photos.

Thank you so much and welcome!

So excited for your TP! I have read a couple of your other ones and started to read your PRT and can't wait to see what you all do! I would love to do a big family trip, but I think I would go crazy if I ever did! My family of 5 can be crazy enough!

Thank you so much for reading! A family of 5 is not that much different from 15. Once you're linked up to everyone on MDE, it was pretty straightforward. The only thing is that a lot of restaurants I wanted to try didn't have space for 15 so I had to break it up into separate tables, and for that you either had to call to reserve, or have someone in your party make an ADR at the same time as you. There are ways, and we had to do both.

OMG dying over your title. So perfect! Sorry to hear the travel day was so trying but hopefully everything is on the upswing from here.

Ha, I knew you'd like it!
It swung both ways...hehe, there were lots of ups and downs.

Yay I'm here!!! Your nieces and nephew are all so adorable. I'm sure your trip got better after travel day, and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Hi! Thank you so much! It does get better for sure. nothing can be worse than a 2 hour delay and you're so tired you just want to pass out without taking picture of your room, LOL.

I can't wait to read this. Lately I have had adult only trips but I am traveling with my cousin and her husband and their 3 girls in April. I can't wait to see how this works out.

I'm so used to the adult only trips, and this trip was a 180 deg difference. Just plan to take a lot more breaks, and plan a lot more time to get from point A to point B.

So excited to read! My girlfriend and I are looking into our first WDW trip in November, you will be some inspiration.

Hi and Welcome! Thank you for reading! I hope you have a wonderful time in November! I'll be there the first week of Nov. for food and wine. I can't wait!

I love airports, is that weird? Your airport pictures are super cute. The kids with their little luggage and you with your happy Disney face! I like the view of the Disney World sign at night. I don't think I have ever seen a picture of it like that all lit up. So beautiful!

No, airports are great. Especially beautiful airports. I've seen some gorgeous ones in my life (Singapore and Seoul come to mind) - but Terminal A of Newark NJ does not make my list, LOL. Aside from that it was fine and we got to Orlando in one piece. It was my first night picture of the sign too!

This does look like a great family adventure. I have seen/read your reports an I love them.
Your family is beautiful !
Carry on ...

Thank you so much for reading!!

Can't wait to read!

Thank you!

Love your trip reports! The kids are so adorable!

Thank you! They are cute but they are a handful.

Can't wait to read! Bummer we never ran into each other! This will help me relive it!

Hi!! Yes, that would be fun if we could have met! Maybe next time! :)

:faint:

This deserves another one of these: :faint:

The whole trip in emojis is:

:cutie: :crazy2: :faint::faint::faint: :confused: :umbrella: :headache: :cheer2: :laundy: :crowded: popcorn:: :eek: :umbrella: :faint::faint::faint: :hyper: :sad::umbrella: :laughing: :laundy: :faint::faint::faint: popcorn:: :umbrella: :confused: :sad: :eek: :grouphug: :cake: :yay::wizard: :hug: :wave2:

Love Risk! Played it a lot as a kid.

Not the same thing?

Close! There's a lot of diplomacy, conquest, and conflict. There are no dice though.

Good to hear. I've been hearing some horror stories.

Make the FP+ for your AK day first. and it's better if the AK day is one of the later days of your trip.

Oooohhh... Risky. Breaking in new shoes at Disney.

I did that once.

Once.

He actually worse his sandals most of the time anyways. Just too hot!

::yes:: I forgot to tell my DDs to not grow up. Now we can't get on first anymore.

what, how dare they grow up!

That's just too cute with her peaking around the corner like that.

They thought it was fun for the first 15 minutes to be on a plane then they were over it.

I had no idea this happened!

Trust me I had no idea too!

I think the word you're looking for is "shockingly".

You're right, shockingly!!

And you still let him sit in the same row as you?????

I'm a good wife.

Really nice night-time photo!

Thanks!

Joining in and looking forward to hearIng all about your OHana adventures. The kiddos are absolutely adorable!

Thank you so much!

Oh yay I was hoping I'd find your trip report! I'm new, but I just read your last couple and was excited to hear how this trip turned out so had to comment!

Thank you so much for reading!!

Holy cow, that's a lot of people to plan for!!!

Yes. Yes it is. :)

Joining in! I've lurked on a couple of your other TR…I can't recall if I've commented though :oops:

That must be overwhelming to plan a trip for 15 people! Can't wait to see how it all turns out! Oh, and the kids are super adorable :-)

Hi Thank you for reading! I started reading your PTR, I'm excited because we're going at the same time! We got tickets for MNSSHP for Nov 1st and we're running in the 5k. I will comment on your PTR.
It wasn't too bad planning for that many people because they basically left everything up to me. If they all had their opinions then it would have been a different story.

Signing up, sounds like a great report ahead!

Thank you!!!

Hurrah! I can't wait to hear all about your trip! I can't even imagine the pressure of trying to make sure everyone had fun. Something tells me they did with you as planner and guide! I am giggling a bit at the picture in my head of your crew racing to the airport monorail with you in front and Steve directing the stragglers! The day sounds exhausting but you've arrived and sounds like you got the location you wanted. Looking forward to more!

Thank you! I think they all didn't know what they were really getting themselves into. I warned them that it will be hot, crowded, and they would be exhausted. But it'll also be fun. This is not their relaxing beach vacay, this is Disney!
I think they all kinda prepared themselves but I think no one can prepare you for the heat...it was brutal!
The monorail thing...sigh. I didn't know we'd have to run at a rope-drop pace as soon as we got off the place, hahaha. Arriving at the Polynesian was the best thing ever.

So excited for this trip report!

What a great looking family you have and that group picture is awesome! Definitely frame worthy!

Glad you guys made it down after the delays. Travel days can be so stressful.

Thank you!! It is one of the few pictures that we're all in and looking at the camera. Usually one kid is not cooperating.
Travel days are so stressful with kids! Usually Steve and I just wing it but this was a completely different set up. Who knew the monorail ended after a certain time (I think it's because of the construction they are doing right now at MCO)

Joining in! You are a brave soul to plan a trip for that many people! :thumbsup2

Hi!! Great seeing you here!
Yes, it was definitely a challenge, but after the initially planning part then it's not too bad.

Woo! Another trip report, and a great title too!

Thank you so much!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter