Ohana kids menus...can they make anything else?

huggiebear23

Can't wait for Disney!!!
My dd has a tree nut allergy I was wondering if they can accommodate with a grilled cheese? Any ideas? Thanks

My dd has a tree nut allergy I was wondering if they can accommodate with a grilled cheese? Any ideas? Thanks

According to wdwinfor.com, grilled cheese is on the alternative kids menu:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=25
Note: Alternative selections for children: Chicken nuggets, Macaroni & cheese, Grilled cheese sandwich, PB & J sandwich, Hamburger, or Cheeseburger. All of the above served with French fries.

Regardless, if you child has an allergy, you should note in your ADR and/or mention it to the CM when you check in. That way, a chef will come to your table and talk to you about the allergy. They can work with you figure what your child can (or cannot) eat.

Thanks so much!! We love going to Ohana. Glad to see we will be able to continue the tradition.

They are very accommodating at 'Ohana for younger guests who don't want to/can't eat from the preset menu. Just ask your server. Our picky eater was able to get a bowl of mac and cheese. And in the case of a food allergy, as a previous poster mentioned, the chef will also help you with options.

Enjoy!

Dined there a few months back, and neither of my boys care for the main menu. We were able to order each a hotdog instead. I'm sure grill cheese is also an option. We love Ohana's one of our favorites every trip :banana:

Interesting. We were there a couple years back and ordered Mac and Cheese for the kids, but they charged us full price saying they were taking up space so they had to pay full price.

Interesting. We were there a couple years back and ordered Mac and Cheese for the kids, but they charged us full price saying they were taking up space so they had to pay full price.

Yes, alternative food is available but not alternative pricing! They still pay the set AYCE price.

Last trip our kids had Mac and cheese and hot dogs, but we're invited to help themselves to the regular menu also. They also each had their own ice cream with sprinkles for dessert.

They brought my son a cheeseburger and chicken nuggets in August because he didn't like the adult food. And yes, as others have said, you still pay the same price, but they are very accomodating with trying to find something the kids will eat.

Thank you so much!! Ohana is our favorite but it's been awhile and taste buds have changed as well as tree nut allergies.

Usually the breads and baked goods are all off limits at WDW if you have a nut allergy. They have the cross contamination issues. The only bread I was able to have was corn bread at a few locations and the crossiants also at a few locations but only in the morning. The gluten free buns and rolls are also usually nut safe but I think they taste horrible. I had some breadless sandwiches with extra lettuce but that won't work for grilled cheese ;)

Usually the breads and baked goods are all off limits at WDW if you have a nut allergy. They have the cross contamination issues. The only bread I was able to have was corn bread at a few locations and the crossiants also at a few locations but only in the morning. The gluten free buns and rolls are also usually nut safe but I think they taste horrible. I had some breadless sandwiches with extra lettuce but that won't work for grilled cheese ;)

oh no! this is not good news :( My son is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts and when we go out he loves grilled cheese and cheeseburgers. I was hoping he would be able to enjoy some food on our trip b/c we don;t go out much anymore b/c of his allergies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter