Ohana in room service

CKMinnieBows

Earning My Ears
Hi all! Anyone ever do the room service for Ohana feast at poly? What did you think of it? Worth it?

Does room service take dining plan for the Ohana feast? And how are the portions for the room service?

We got it just before they closed all food service (5pm) the day before Matthew blew through. We had heard that portions were huge, so only ordered for 1 adult. Because of the storm, we were told they brought us even more food than usually (well, meat anyway). It was huge. Being in DVC studio, we had both a fridge and a microwave, and ended up eating leftovers for 3 days.

Just as tasty as in the restaurant, but obviously keeping the meat hot is a problem. But with the microwave, that was easily solved.

Steve.

Yes, they do, but it is a terrible value on the Dining Plan. Like all room service, it takes 2 credits per serving. Even with the mandatory gratuity, the base price of $40 won't get you to the $75+ per person required to make 2 TS credits "pay off."

We are considering this for our arrival night at the Poly. We probably won't get to the resort until about 7:30 PM. I currently have an 8:15 PM reservation at Ohana, but may opt for room service instead. I am concerned after traveling all day, we won't want to wait a long time to be seated, and I know Ohana can be a long wait later in the evening.

We are on the deluxe plan with one Adult, one Disney adult, and one child. I figured the difference between using 3 credits in the restaurant or 4 for room service ordering for two adults won't make a big difference. We are also in a DVC studio, so we will have a microwave for leftovers.

Yes, they do, but it is a terrible value on the Dining Plan. Like all room service, it takes 2 credits per serving. Even with the mandatory gratuity, the base price of $40 won't get you to the $75+ per person required to make 2 TS credits "pay off."
Based on reviews, it appears that they bring a LOT of food. It's recommended that you only order for half of the people that will eat, because of the amount of food. So, one could save credits.

Hi all! Anyone ever do the room service for Ohana feast at poly? What did you think of it? Worth it?

1) Yes, we have done it, as a trial.
2) We thought it HIGHLY overpriced for the food and value.
3) We did not think it was "worth it", and would not do it again
4) Quickly,
. . . large portions per person
. . . double DDP coupons per person (a great waste of DDP use)
. . . average or below average food quality

I had thought about doing this too if I wasn't able to get a reservation. If you are staying Club Level at the Poly, would they let you bring the room service meal up to the lounge and eat it there? We have a family of 5 and I am picturing all of us trying to eat in that small space...

I'm picturing you carting all the food to the lounge, how exactly would that work without being cold?

sounds like a mess waiting to happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter