'Ohana Dinner Wait Time & Pacing

TiggerTrigger

a.k.a. HouCuseChickie
We haven't been to 'Ohana for dinner since Dec. 2017. While previous visits involved us being seated 20-30 minutes late and had slow meal pacing, that last visit, we were seated 15-20 minutes early and felt like we were in a speed dining competition. How have things been of late? Fast? Slow? Early? Late?

I currently have an 8:50pm dinner booked on a Halloween party night. I know tables with views can be hit or miss inside the restaurant, so I'm thinking we're better off trying to eat and then make it out to the beach for party fireworks at 10:15pm (assuming I read the schedule correctly). Of course, if the restaurant is running behind like all of our pre-2017 visits, we'll probably still be inside at fireworks time and stuck with whatever view (if any) we have from our table. Booking something like Kona is tempting, since it's cheaper and I never feel like I'm playing games with timing, but it's not as much of a "Disney experience" as you get with 'Ohana. We're only in town for the weekend for a softball tournament, we have no idea how late Sunday games will go, and we're flying out early the next morning...so, I'm just trying to infuse a little magic into the trip. ~TIA 😊

I, too felt like we were being rushed in May. Not so much in August when we went at 9:30. Probably because they couldn't get another seating in after us.
I would think they could read their audience better. Some people do want in and out, but after a day in the park, a relaxing dinner is an incredible thing.

I, too felt like we were being rushed in May. Not so much in August when we went at 9:30. Probably because they couldn't get another seating in after us.
I would think they could read their audience better. Some people do want in and out, but after a day in the park, a relaxing dinner is an incredible thing.

I guess that is an option. If we're seated on the early side, I can tell our server that we're trying to make it out to the beach for fireworks. No guarantee they'll do it, but asking for a certain pace shouldn't be a bad thing. I know they used to allow people to venture out and come back in so you didn't miss the show, but I always felt so odd walking out like that during a meal.

Our last two dinners there were both at 9:00 pm, and both times service was deplorable, as if they were running out of food and couldn't wait for us to leave so they could close. Food was above average for disney standards, but servings were few and far between. Such a shame, as previous visits were what you expect of a disney table service restaurant as far as exemplary service and food quality. Nonetheless, it continues to be a family favorite, although we will not be returning for a while.

We ate there in May and July. Seated early both times. Very rushed in May, leisurely in July. Food much better the second visit.

I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to it.

Our last two dinners there were both at 9:00 pm, and both times service was deplorable, as if they were running out of food and couldn't wait for us to leave so they could close. Food was above average for disney standards, but servings were few and far between. Such a shame, as previous visits were what you expect of a disney table service restaurant as far as exemplary service and food quality. Nonetheless, it continues to be a family favorite, although we will not be returning for a while.

It's amazing how different experiences can be from person to person. On our last visit...well, until dessert...they refused to take a slower pace or listen to "no" and we wound up with mountains of food that they insisted on piling on our plates. Yet other parts were painfully slow. The lapu lapu I ordered when seated didn't come out until right before dessert. You could tell it had been sitting for some time. Dessert was also off. They served us a sliver and then went missing when we were hoping to get enough to feed our party of 4. The food itself was still good, but it wasn't an enjoyable experience.

It's just incredibly tough to plan when experiences are all over the place.

We ate there in May and July. Seated early both times. Very rushed in May, leisurely in July. Food much better the second visit.

I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to it.

Thanks! Yeah, the inconsistency is a big beef for me with some of these spots.

My first visit to OHanas was in 1996. My last visit was in 2010. The decline in everything about it made me realize that it was not worth the money anymore.

That's my fear. While all of our visits were 2010 and later, there has been a steady decline. Like maybe I'm better off going with a cheaper meal at Kona and just hitting the beach afterwards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter