• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana Dining

Frankie Nova

Mouseketeer
I have been to Ohana once on my visit to Disney. It was a 9pm reservation. Would have enjoyed it more eating before 7pm.
Is it that hard to get an earlier res. my next time around? going may of 2018
Any suggestions?

Yes, it's very hard even at 180 days out. If you are staying on property you can book your whole stay at 180, so book it for the last night of your stay and you'll see more availability.

My arrival is Dec 17th. I tried right at 6am at my 180 day window and was only able to find one of each 3:35 or 9:55 ADR. Since then I keep a window open at work and every few minutes click refresh to see if anything has opened during my entire trip and nothing has.

Try to get the time and date you want at 180 or so. Keep what you can get, and if it's not optimal, check periodically for what you want. About 2 weeks before the date you want, ramp up your checking.

I've been 100% successful using this strategy at Ohana and every other hard-to-get ADR restaurant to get the date, time and number of people I want.

The closest I've come to snagging an Ohana meal was ordering from rm service at the Polynesian. Had enough leftovers for 2 adults and 2 kiddos for a full lunch by ordering 1 adult and 1 childrens' meal at the recommendation of the room service order taker. Good eats for sure but but uhm I would have appreciated another liter (or 6) of the punch:drinking:.

Since I have the Poly option this is one less thing for me to obsess about in the mad dash for ADRs.

That was the first ressie I tried for at exactly 6 am on my 180 +10 morning. On our preferred day, which was 180 +1, the best I could get was 9:50. I did get a 6:55 at 180+6. So the longer your trip, you definitely have a good chance of getting a better time later in your trip. We're going in early to mid December, but our trip starts right before the free dining window starts. I think going during free dining would make it a little harder as well.

On our last trip we had an 8:20 for 'Ohana, but didn't get seated until closer to 9. It was late but not horrible...our then 4-year-old fell asleep in his chair after eating, and the rest of us enjoyed the activities and were there for fireworks, which was a fun experience.

I was able to immediately get two 6:40 PM reservations for 180+5 & 180+6 when my reservation window opened up. People tend to cancel closer to the day and a quick check of this current week shows reservations available on several days. As my daughter often quotes Dora "just keep swimming. . ."

Try to get the time and date you want at 180 or so. Keep what you can get, and if it's not optimal, check periodically for what you want. About 2 weeks before the date you want, ramp up your checking.

I've been 100% successful using this strategy at Ohana and every other hard-to-get ADR restaurant to get the date, time and number of people I want.

This is great advice, I'll be using this technique for my ADR's

This is great advice, I'll be using this technique for my ADR's

People hoard ADRs, but when it gets close to the date, they start canceling to avoid the no-show penalties. And voilà! you find the ADR you want. :)

A little of topic... is there a kids menu for dinner? I would love to do the dinner here but not sure if my daughters will eat the food on the menu.

A little of topic... is there a kids menu for dinner? I would love to do the dinner here but not sure if my daughters will eat the food on the menu.

There's not technically a kids menu. However, they will bring you something for them. My son would only eat chicken nuggets and fries one year, and that's exactly what they brought him to eat. :) They make the magic happen, you know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter