Ohana Character Breakfast

Disneypm

Earning My Ears
Just got back from Disney, and thought I would post my thoughts for anyone considering this breakfast. My 12 year old son loves Stitch, so it was an absolute must for our trip. The wait for our seats was not too long - maybe 15 mins past our 8.40 ADR. The character interaction was fantastic. Stitch, Lilo and Mickey pulled all the willing kids up from their tables and danced around the room with them - so cute! My son was so happy to get his cuddle from Stitch and I got a great hug from Mickey! The food however was horrible. My son did not eat a thing (although some of that was due to excitement!), my daughter ate a little bit of the pineapple bread which she did like, but did not like the eggs, ham or sausages. I tried almost everything, but one bite of each item was enough. Everything tasted fake. I don't think the scrambled eggs were made from real eggs, the sausages tasted weird, ham looked too weird to try. I did get 2 cups of delicious tea though!

All in all, I would definitely recommend if you are a Stitch fan, but if you are there to eat, then try some other place!

Last edited:
Just got back from Disney, and thought I would post my thoughts for anyone considering this breakfast. My 12 year old son loves Stitch, so it was an absolute must for our trip. The wait for our seats was not too long - maybe 15 mins past our 8.40 ADR. The character interaction was fantastic. Stitch, Lilo and Mickey pulled all the willing kids up from their tables and danced around the room with them - so cute! My son was so happy to get his cuddle from Stitch and I got a great hug from Mickey! The food however was horrible. My son did not eat a thing (although some of that was due to excitement!), my daughter ate a little bit of the pineapple bread which she did like, but did not like the eggs, ham or sausages. I tried almost everything, but one bite was each item was enough. Everyone tasted fake. I don't think the scrambled eggs were made from real eggs, the sausages tasted weird, ham looked too weird to try. I did get 2 cups of delicious tea though!

All in all, I would definitely recommend if you are a Stitch fan, but if you are there to eat, then try some other place!
Thanks for the heads up. We have a dining reservation there but we were on the fence about it. Not sure I think it is worth it if the food is not good at all. Think we may be cancelling.

I would go for it if you love character interaction, and just have very low expectations for food. My kids thought the characters were so fun, so I am glad I booked it as we did not meet any characters in MK.

IMO, the family style offering for Ohana breakfast makes it one of the most limited character breakfasts food wise, especially since they eliminated bacon. However, the Polynesian is a lovely environment and the characters are something different. If you haven't tried it before, I would go not for the food per se but for the overall experience, but other character breakfasts definitely offer more bang for your buck food wise. My favorite breakfast is Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club.

Sorry to hear this.... the last time we had breakfast at Ohana was in 2016 and had a really good meal- fresh fruit and cinnamon roll type bread before the platter. I remember enjoying the potatoes and stitch waffles. Guess we'll continue to stick with Tusker House breakfast (it's a must do every trip).

Just got back from Disney, and thought I would post my thoughts for anyone considering this breakfast. My 12 year old son loves Stitch, so it was an absolute must for our trip. The wait for our seats was not too long - maybe 15 mins past our 8.40 ADR. The character interaction was fantastic. Stitch, Lilo and Mickey pulled all the willing kids up from their tables and danced around the room with them - so cute! My son was so happy to get his cuddle from Stitch and I got a great hug from Mickey! The food however was horrible. My son did not eat a thing (although some of that was due to excitement!), my daughter ate a little bit of the pineapple bread which she did like, but did not like the eggs, ham or sausages. I tried almost everything, but one bite of each item was enough. Everything tasted fake. I don't think the scrambled eggs were made from real eggs, the sausages tasted weird, ham looked too weird to try. I did get 2 cups of delicious tea though!

Wait. No waffles either???

What’s going on??? I’m freaking out here... this is my favorite breakfast place in the world, what are they doing??

Is this a way to tone down the demand or something??

I don’t know. I’m asking because the OP made it sound as if there are no waffles any longer.

I have heard that you can ask for bacon, but maybe that has changed?

What’s going on??? I’m freaking out here... this is my favorite breakfast place in the world, what are they doing??

Is this a way to tone down the demand or something??
We had the character breakfast there on June 9,2019. Our food was good, waffles, scrambled eggs, potatoes sausage and ham.

Sorry about your food, we went in December and our food was fabulous, we enjoyed everything, I did ask for crispy bacon and we received a huge platter, we are planning another trip this December.

Sorry about your food, we went in December and our food was fabulous, we enjoyed everything, I did ask for crispy bacon and we received a huge platter, we are planning another trip this December.
Maybe we are just really picky eaters!! As I said though, we really enjoyed the character interaction. The food did not detract from our experience.

We were there a couple of weeks ago, and I agree somewhat about the food. I did not like the eggs or ham, and definitely missed the bacon. I thought everything else was okay, and particularly enjoyed the sausage, potatoes, and waffles. And as others have said, if you have a stitch fan, which both my boys are, it is must do.

The last time we ate here (May last year) we had the exact opposite experience. The food was fine, but the character interaction was disappointing. Our family used to really love this restaurant but after years of making it a tradition we stopped going and really haven’t missed it. Waffles always seemed to be in short supply, but that is definitely a shame they got rid of the bacon.

I went back in 2015 and I guess my ADR was way too late for a great character interaction. By 10:30 Mickey was nowhere to be seen and Stitch seemed grumpy. The food was decent but of course limited compared to the real buffets like Cape May and Chef Mickeys.

The breakfast food is pretty much the same as every other breakfast at WDW, with the exception of the pineapple bread. You can get bacon by request. My problem with 'Ohana breakfast is the opposite of the issues with dinner. Service is slow. Really slow.

As far as characters, you have a photo op with Pluto, and Mickey wears a Hawaiian shirt. That along with Lilo and Stitch gives you some unique characters and looks. Personally, I plan to stick with buffets for the future.

I went back in 2015 and I guess my ADR was way too late for a great character interaction. By 10:30 Mickey was nowhere to be seen and Stitch seemed grumpy. The food was decent but of course limited compared to the real buffets like Cape May and Chef Mickeys.
At any character meal, if you haven't seen a character, just tell the character attendant and they will bring that character to your table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter