O'hana breakfast

firemanx

DIS Veteran
Have done chef mickey's plenty, and not feeling the mood to try to get that early ADR, and thinking O'hana breakfast could be a good change of pace& dining on our MK day, but how has everyones breakfast been? has it been as rushed as dinner character interaction? we have a big stitch fan with us hows the food?

While I love the Poly and 'Ohana in general. Breakfast is not the strongest in my opinion. We own DVC at the Poly and love everything about it, but after probably about 5-7 times there for breakfast-

Food: Bread- is OK and somehow manages to look moist but has been dry every time, Fresh fruit- has been good, Eggs -standard fare, Sasuage- was OK, Ham was not great the last few times, Waffles- are good standard Mickey and Stitch fare, Biscuits- were either good or bad never in between, the potatoes are really good. It is family style service so they bring it to you. That means more family time, but then your server enters the equation to provide refills. If a cocktail is your thing in the AM - the Polynesian Redeye is top notch

Characters: They are slow moving around- but it is because they do spend a bunch of time at the tables. This past summer they had photopass with Pluto in the waiting area. There are no dinner characters here, but there is no real rush when we have gone.

Check-in & waiting area: Gets chaotic as people wait for tables- and you will usually wait (this past summer it was a 22 minute wait from ADR time until the text that the table was ready (am I weird for keeping those texts until my next trip????). The line for the photo op doesn't help ease the chaos either.

Personally Kona Cafe and a Loco Mocoo have my heart, but we still enjoy 'Ohana. It is a different vibe than CM, but variety is the spice of life and you could love it.

Ohana is actually one of our favorite breakfasts. There is something on the plate of food that everyone in our family enjoys. The kids bizarrely eat more of it than when we go to a traditional buffet and the character interaction is some of the best in the World, IMO.

We love 'Ohana breakfast. We eat there every trip for breakfast. The character interactions are wonderful, and we like the food. I always request bacon, and they always make it for us.

This trip we are actually only going to 'Ohana for breakfast rather than dinner too. We are trying the Twilight Feast instead of going to the restaurant for dinner.

It's been a few years since we've gone but have enjoyed breakfast at Ohana in the past. The food was good and the character interactions were great. All characters took their time, definitely not rushed. I would do it again and I enjoy it much more than Chef Mickey's.

I had an ADR there for June, but just cancelled it for Topolinos instead. You might not want to do that on your MK day though, I know 'Ohana is closer, but the reviews are great so far and we're excited to try it.

Ohanas is our most favorite breakfast like ever! The food is awesome! The bread can be hit or miss but most times its soft and fresh. The meat is juicy, the eggs are standard but good.

The characters are amazing! Love Stitch and all characters spend plenty of time with you.

What is a twilight feast?

Ohana breakfast is fine, but personally I prefer the buffets with a far wider range of food options. I love the atmosphere at Ohana, but the food is its weakest link. My favorite resort character breakfast is Cape May at the Beach Club.

Ohanas is our most favorite breakfast like ever! The food is awesome! The bread can be hit or miss but most times its soft and fresh. The meat is juicy, the eggs are standard but good.

The characters are amazing! Love Stitch and all characters spend plenty of time with you.

What is a twilight feast?
It’s on the room service menu at the Polynesian. It’s everything you get at ‘Ohana for dinner.

Ohana breakfast is fine, but personally I prefer the buffets with a far wider range of food options. I love the atmosphere at Ohana, but the food is its weakest link. My favorite resort character breakfast is Cape May at the Beach Club.
We are trying Cape May brunch for the first time in June, then we will head into Epcot World Showcase.

Ohana is amazing, we go every trip! BUT they get behind often so make sure you plan for that. I've found the earlier you go the less behind they get but we have had huge waits after reservation times before. Once it was over 1.5 hours.

I'm a huge stitch fan and the food is great so we still go! Its served family style and they'll bring more food if you need it so it really is all you can eat. The juice is AMAZING!!

Not a fan of the limited selection there for that price.

For a character breakfast in the area, I would put Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Fare above Ohana. If you aren't set on characters, I think the Wave is an awesome low key (and relatively low priced) breakfast buffet to sneak in before a MK day.

If stitch is a must then do Ohana. Breakfast there is ok. If not, I’d do 1900 park fare for more of a variety of food.

Last time we were there for breakfast was Dec 2017, so it's been a while, but I bring it up because it was us giving it a second chance. Our first time there (2011) we had horrible food (sent it back numerous times). Aside from our server seeming like she wanted us out (we had one of the last seatings of the morning), it was a great meal. She never really rushed us...just seemed annoyed when we needed this or that and even more annoyed when I told her there was a cake. We weren't even the last ones to leave. In any event...food good and characters good on last visit, so I'd still go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter