• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana breakfast

sweetmama17

Mouseketeer
Looked at the menu...Is that it?

Was hoping it would offer more than just basics. Liking the choices at Cape May or 1900PF better but have always wanted to eat here. Stitch and Mickey are a great combo for my boys (4 and 2)

Have a reservation for Sunday brunch in August (will hopefully be staying at WL) but not sure if I should keep it. Keep this or something else?

The food here is the reason we don't return, Characters were fun, but too much money for too little. It really is just the basics. Nothing special at all. Waffles, sausage, bacon, eggs, potatoes, fruit and fruit breads. The juice is yummy but that can be had elsewhere. Personally, there are a lot more options for breakfast with better food and a lot more variety. Cape May Cafe is one of my favorites.

My wife and I recently took our 2 granddaughters (5 & 2) there for breakfast. The breakfast food was just your regular breakfast fare. Nothing special. IMHO the best character breakfast is at Tusker House. We have also enjoyed 1900 Park Faire and Crystal Palace for breakfast. We also had a character breakfast at Cape May. The food was above average but the character interaction was poor and the service was horrible.

I like that it is a relaxing breakfast being family style. No running around for food and you won't miss any characters. Kids always have fun.

And since I am gf- I love having my own platter of food and Mickey waffles :)

I love Ohana! However, I much prefer the dinner to the breakfast. While the breakfast food isn't bad, it's not as great as what is served for dinner. IMO we've always had better character interaction at other locations such as Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace.

Yes, that's it.

At 'Ohana, you're paying for two things at breakfast:

1. They bring you the food.

2. Character interaction.

'Ohana is not set up for a buffet, so diversity is going to be limited. Nature of things. The diversity is no worse than other family-style breakfasts on property (which, okay, is mostly Garden Grill, unless you count skillets at WC).

That is it and it is more than enough variety. We eat breakfast there every trip-the food is good and the character interaction is great. Your boys are the perfect age-Pluto and Lilo are there also and the parade is fun for the little ones.

Cape May used to be one of our favorites and we went every year. On our most recent trip, the food was not nearly as good as in the past-as much as I hate to say it -it was one of the worst meals we have had ever in WDW. I don't know how it could have gotten so bad in a year but it did. They took away the freshly made crepes, there was a much smaller selection of pastries and the scrambled eggs with goat cheese were inedible. The characters were basically non-existent as well.

We love Ohana and go there many times per trip. The basics are exactly what we love about it. The ambiance is a zillion times better than Cape May or 1900 but equal to Askershus IMO. Askershus has more self serve options if you want yogurt or salmon with bagels, fruit, muffins. But it princesses of course. Another option would be Crystal Palace for Pooh Bear. We love their options. The breakfast lasagna is yum and the battered fried cinnamon sugar waffle things are delightful.

Last year we went to several character breakfasts with our 2.5 year old and 'Ohana was definitely my favorite, followed by Tusker House. It just had a fun vibe about it. I agree that the breakfast food wasn't super exciting, but what they had was good, which is more than can be said for some character meals with more options.

I love Ohana! Not just because of my love of stitch. There are fun games they play with kids, and for parents it is very laid back. They bring the food so you can enjoy it together without having to bother with a buffet. The variety may be lacking compared to a buffet, however quality of food is quite good, and mostly stuff I would pick at a buffet anyway. I especially liked the juice and Hawaiian bread. The ambiance is much more relaxed and easy going than other character breakfasts I have attended. I would recommend trying it at least once. I even preferred the entire experience to CRT.

I love Ohana! Not just because of my love of stitch. There are fun games they play with kids, and for parents it is very laid back. They bring the food so you can enjoy it together without having to bother with a buffet. The variety may be lacking compared to a buffet, however quality of food is quite good, and mostly stuff I would pick at a buffet anyway. I especially liked the juice and Hawaiian bread. The ambiance is much more relaxed and easy going than other character breakfasts I have attended. I would recommend trying it at least once. I even preferred the entire experience to CRT.
Also, it is difficult to meet him anywhere else on property, with rare and random appearances in MK. If he is a big favorite among your boys, I would meet him where you can.

We're doing our first Ohana breakfast during our upcoming June trip. We've done Ohana dinner and to be honest it was too much meat o_O.........yeah I guess I'm different :) It was good but just so much meat. We've done Crystal Palace, Cape May and Tusker House for breakfast and the food at Tusker House is by far the best........but Cape May isn't terrible.

The thing about opinions is "everyone has one" :). If food is what your looking for none of the Character meals should really be on your list.....again "MY OPINION" :) We enjoy Cape May, Crystal Palace, Tusker House because of the Characters.........yeah its pricy no doubt............but where else can I hang out with Tigger or Goofy! :P I'm excited for Ohana..........never met Stich.......and I am looking to try "Tonga Toast"!

Doug :goofy:

We're doing our first Ohana breakfast during our upcoming June trip. We've done Ohana dinner and to be honest it was too much meat o_O.........yeah I guess I'm different :) It was good but just so much meat. We've done Crystal Palace, Cape May and Tusker House for breakfast and the food at Tusker House is by far the best........but Cape May isn't terrible.

The thing about opinions is "everyone has one" :). If food is what your looking for none of the Character meals should really be on your list.....again "MY OPINION" :) We enjoy Cape May, Crystal Palace, Tusker House because of the Characters.........yeah its pricy no doubt............but where else can I hang out with Tigger or Goofy! :P I'm excited for Ohana..........never met Stich.......and I am looking to try "Tonga Toast"!

Doug :goofy:
I didn't think you could get Tonga Toast at O'Hana?

When travelling with my sister and niece we have to do Ohana due to Stitch. But it really is a good breakfast in my opinion. Yes, it is fairly basic, but it is good. I also love the games and the interaction with the kids. I would keep the reservation. Believe me we went back and forth with our decision before our first trip to Ohana and we are very glad we decided to go.

The only reason I am not going their on my next trip is because I will be by myself and I so want to try the Tonga Toast at Kona. LOL. :)

You're correct - you can't. Tonga Toast is on the menu at Kona not 'Ohana. It is also available at Captain Cook's I believe.

You can get it at Capt Cooks but I don't think you can get the strawberry compote there. To me that is a necessary part of the meal.

We went to see Stitch and once was enough for us. If you dont care about Stitch or creepy looking Lilo I'd pass because the food is meh and the place is a zoo.

Sure the menu looks rather basic at Ohana breakfast, but i love it! Its always been tasty. I love the fact that they bring the food to you. And the characters are adorable. Its worth a try at least once.

Having said that, Tusker and Cape May are two of my fave character breakfasts. Love the food at both and the character interaction. Cape May is especially good....characters and service have always been excellent. I highly recommend both!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter