Ohana breakfast... bacon???

The menu no longer shows it, and posters have said no as far as I have seen.
I have an Ohana Breakfast ADR, so if true as I suspect....my husband is going to be disappointed.

I went last month. Asked my server if I could possibly get some bacon. She said no problem. Had the answer been no I would not ever consider eating there again. She then asked the table next to me if they wanted bacon. I didn't hear them respond either yes or no but she asked them several times. When she came out with a plate of bacon she placed some in the skillet on my table & then put the plate with the reset of the bacon on the other group's table. I don't think they ate any of it so what I would have gladly eaten went to waste. I don't like Ham so that went to waste from my meal and they only gave me one sausage. My server said that they only serve the bacon on request.

When we were there in November I asked our waiter just as he was taking our drink order and he said it's no problem to bring bacon instead, you just have to ask. He even asked if he should bring both, but we declined the ham.

I wonder, if the bacon by request is actually coming from Kona Cafe. That may be the reason the server asked all her tables, after one table requested it. It would be easier to get it all at once.

As PPs have noted, yes - you can request bacon and they will bring it.

The pineapple ham seems polarizing - but I have to admit it's not half bad (it's not half good either - but when the eggs and bacon at Disney breakfasts are in a constant battle to see which can be worse, I'll gladly accept a glass half full). I always think I'm going to request bacon at 'Ohana and end up being satisfied with the standard stuff (really it's the pineapple I like). I also like what the Imagineers came up with for the texture of the ham - it's not to be encountered in the normal world.

I agree they should not hide the bacon and serve it. But for those of Bacon makes a vacation... I think you are vacationing in the wrong place as Disney Bacon is OK at best... It used to be the nice thick smoked bacon years ago... Now if you can not see through it, Mickey demands it gets sliced again. Personally would rather they have a turkey bacon option until they decide to serve the good stuff again.

We ate there in August and we were served (with the other items) ham and sausage, we asked for bacon and they brought it out and for our platter refills, he brought more. Not sure why it's off the menu as it used to be standard and part of the platter. Cutting corners I suppose.

We ate breakfast there a couple weeks ago and asked for bacon and they brought some to us with no issues at all. Took several minutes, so not something I think they keep prepared, but they didn't even bat an eye about it and were happy to bring it to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter