'Ohana breakfast: bacon officially gone

Any updates on this? I read a rumor somewhere that they were going to change it back to bacon?

So is the "ham" really spam?
.....pretty sure I read this was attributed to M. Python, esq....

"Spam is always ham with a lot of spice added whilst ham is never spam unless you count the gelatin smushed variety":hyper2:pixiedust:

Any updates on this? I read a rumor somewhere that they were going to change it back to bacon?
I haven't seen any... where did you read that? i sent an email but got the typical canned response. My son wants to see stitch so we are going to do it even without but hoping they have it anyway (not til february!)

I haven't seen any... where did you read that? i sent an email but got the typical canned response. My son wants to see stitch so we are going to do it even without but hoping they have it anyway (not til february!)
Somewhere on the boards. I wish I could remember!

.....pretty sure I read this was attributed to M. Python, esq....

"Spam is always ham with a lot of spice added whilst ham is never spam unless you count the gelatin smushed variety":hyper2:pixiedust:

Actually Spam is ridiculously popular in Hawaii/the Pacific SW. So if they did serve Spam it would be more authentic. Silly I know.

Disney Bean Counters - "Wooo - That's a win, we can charge the same price and order less!"

Yes, but all the Jews like me and the many others I know want their bacon. Thats the main reason we went so its off the list now.

I love bacon, but mostly just my own. Most places don't cook it enough for my taste - crispy - they leave the fat rubbery and under cooked - to me.. In that case, I prefer ham.

Yes, but all the Jews like me and the many others I know want their bacon. Thats the main reason we went so its off the list now.

They'll figure it out but I'm sure the exact thought processes in their minds were NOT "does it taste good" or NOT "does this plus the value to our customers" but "Bacon cost is going up and ham is kinda polynesian sooo...." or "Everyone likes Bacon but not as many people like Ham so if we substitute ham for bacon we can order less ham and pocket the difference".

Eventually they'll see the customer drop off - maybe - I think we, as Disney "connoisseurs", are more discriminating when most people are one and done and that's who Disney seems to be catering to these days (Ooh - we have to eat at Ohana for Breakfast because Stitch is there!)

We had an 'Ohana breakfast ADR for Oct 8, and on a whim yesterday I checked just to see what else was available. I found a Garden Grill at a great time (we were already planning to go to Epcot that day), so I booked it. I just really don't like ham!!!!

I hate that we are going to miss out on meeting LILO, but better food won out.

I live in Hawaii and bacon is more popular than Spam.
Portuguese sausage is more popular than link type sausage.
They should actually have bacon, spam, and Portuguese sausage on the breakfast buffet.

I love bacon, but mostly just my own. Most places don't cook it enough for my taste - crispy - they leave the fat rubbery and under cooked - to me.. In that case, I prefer ham.

I'll trade you :goodvibes When we eat out, MY bacon almost always arrives crispy to the point of brittle. Even when I ask for it 'soft'.

As far as the change goes, though, I'll have to make sure DH doesn't find out about it. He ADORES ham, to the point he'd book breakfast there even though he doesn't care for 'Ohana.
I like both, but my doctor would tell me the ham is a much better choice. Shh - don't tell her I'm on vacation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter