'Ohana at the Polynesian reopening on July 9th

I was able to grab one a little before 9am this morning for breakfast on Aug 11. 25 dollars seems to be a solid deal to me, and I need to try a lapu lapu!

This is a weird situation, I hope everyone getting their dinner ressies love it, but at the same time I hope it's horrible so they return to the roots... I do wish everyone well though :stitch2:.

Our window opens next week and we're not even attempting dinner, but breakfast is on our plans. Seems like it's almost normal, less the characters.
I know. I made a reservation for August (1st week) and on the one hand would feel both bad and "not so bad" if the rice and shrimp salad caused an outbreak of food poisoning (like the fish on Airplane) the first couple weeks and they were forced to go back to the original menu.

Knowing Disney they would blame it on "bad bread pudding" or the wings and pull those off the menu instead. ;)

It’s not even just about the noodles. They have replaced the meats with much cheaper options, but are charging the same, if not more.
The meats cooked over the fire is what made this special. Now it’s kielbasa from Biergarten, oven roasted chicken from whispering canyon, fried rice from lotus blossom, shrimp casserole from lord knows where, cheddar biscuits from Red lobster, and garden salad from anywhere else in the park.
They’re re-theming the rooms to Moana and they’re putting kielbasa on the menu?
Cheap cheap.
If they wanted to go cheaper on the chicken, they could have given us a nice Huli huli chicken using that big fire pit.
I’m just at a loss. This restaurant was ready to go, all they had to do was stick some of the skewers on a platter, cutting down on the amount per serving, of course. Everything else was already family style.
This has nothing to do with Covid, and everything to do with cheap Chapek and another instance of “lets give them less - they will still love it and shell out the bucks”

It’s not even just about the noodles. They have replaced the meats with much cheaper options, but are charging the same, if not more.
The meats cooked over the fire is what made this special. Now it’s kielbasa from Biergarten, oven roasted chicken from whispering canyon, fried rice from lotus blossom, shrimp casserole from lord knows where, cheddar biscuits from Red lobster, and garden salad from anywhere else in the park.
They’re re-theming the rooms to Moana and they’re putting kielbasa on the menu?
Cheap cheap.
If they wanted to go cheaper on the chicken, they could have given us a nice Huli huli chicken using that big fire pit.
I’m just at a loss. This restaurant was ready to go, all they had to do was stick some of the skewers on a platter, cutting down on the amount per serving, of course. Everything else was already family style.
This has nothing to do with Covid, and everything to do with cheap Chapek and another instance of “lets give them less - they will still love it and shell out the bucks”

Could have just left it the same. There are plenty of places who are doing skewers.

Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse in orlando as an example. Could always check that place out for a somewhat simliar experience

Could have just left it the same. There are plenty of places who are doing skewers.

Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse in orlando as an example. Could always check that place out for a somewhat simliar experience
The Polynesian resort is supposed to be Hawaiian themed. Ohana should be too. What is Hawaiian about kielbasa and shrimp casserole?

This⬆
Capt. Cook’s Pulled pork nachos, Yum, Or Coconut Thai meatballs Yum

I can’t get over the roasted chicken 🤷‍♀️ that’s like rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. I know my hubby will miss the shrimp and we all will miss the noodles and stirfry 💔😩

Loved those Thai Meatballs UNTIL I found a hair in like the middle of the meatball, like cooked into it. I was so hungry too. AND I did not go and tell the staff. I should have. We were in a hurry and I said F-it and we just left and realized I'll just eat something later at the parks.

Loved those Thai Meatballs UNTIL I found a hair in like the middle of the meatball, like cooked into it. I was so hungry too. AND I did not go and tell the staff. I should have. We were in a hurry and I said F-it and we just left and realized I'll just eat something later at the parks.
Hmmm... I guess depending on how many Spiky Pineapples I had in me I might throw it away...or not. At the very least I would have asked for a new one...might have gotten some Fast Passes or something (the apology of choice for Disney up until the pandemic).

I'm still hoping they bring back the skewers at some point--- July 17 would be a good point !!!

I'm a big fan of the AYCE family style breakfast options without characters so I made a couple breakfast reservations for upcoming trips.

The dinner menu is not appealing at all (esp the meat options). My fear is that it'll become a hot ticket reservation again so Disney will declare it a success and we'll be stuck with the new menu.

Booked one this morning before 6am. Only have been there once, so eager to go back and see what they got cooked up. Plus with fireworks coming back, it's the perfect weekend for a DVC stay which I was able to grab last minute as well the other day. This just makes owning DVC so much more fun... first, the DVC stay booked, then fireworks news (which i was pretty confident Disney would do fireworks by 4th of July anyway), then Ohana news, then getting the booking for Ohana and on top of that I have family coming to stay at the Poly July 2nd, so all is good in the world of Disney and my own lil bubble of fun

Booked one this morning before 6am. Only have been there once, so eager to go back and see what they got cooked up. Plus with fireworks coming back, it's the perfect weekend for a DVC stay which I was able to grab last minute as well the other day. This just makes owning DVC so much more fun... first, the DVC stay booked, then fireworks news (which i was pretty confident Disney would do fireworks by 4th of July anyway), then Ohana news, then getting the booking for Ohana and on top of that I have family coming to stay at the Poly July 2nd, so all is good in the world of Disney and my own lil bubble of fun

Has anything been confirmed with fireworks yet? I thought it was all speculation...

I got a reservation this morning at about 5:50am. I am still on the fence. We love Ohana, but are disappointed with the changes in food and the price tag.

Has anything been confirmed with fireworks yet? I thought it was all speculation...

I got a reservation this morning at about 5:50am. I am still on the fence. We love Ohana, but are disappointed with the changes in food and the price tag.

Rumor based on cast members telling people its returning first week of July. Nothing confirmed yet

Def not confirmed, but basically confirmed for me anyway. I can't see Disney not doing Fireworks at this point. It's getting quite laughable all theme parks are raging with nighttime shows and Disney just sits on the sidelines. They're just trying to conserve funds, but they can't ignore it much longer.

I don't care about the menu, people havent even tried it yet, and they're complaining. Give it a chance first.

Def not confirmed, but basically confirmed for me anyway. I can't see Disney not doing Fireworks at this point. It's getting quite laughable all theme parks are raging with nighttime shows and Disney just sits on the sidelines. They're just trying to conserve funds, but they can't ignore it much longer.

I don't care about the menu, people havent even tried it yet, and they're complaining. Give it a chance first.

i don’t have to try it before I complain, that’s not the point. And believe me, I have drank the Disney kool aid. The point is this administration seems to be actively looking for ways to charge more and give less. Look at the menu. No way the new substitutes are anywhere near in price or quality of what we had previously, but the price is the same or perhaps more.
Unfortunately I think most will just go anyway, pay the price, and Chapek will see it as a success, cause we’re suckers, and will look for the next item to chop.

I think if the vloggers go in there and start trashing it there might be some impact as some, like myself, would most likely reconsider. Need to get Pete in there and see what he thinks. He is usually honest (see his most recent Maria and Enzos review).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter