• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

'Ohana at the Polynesian reopening on July 9th

Disney will be on a multi-year journey to recoup much of the profit it lost due to COVID. They will do things as cheaply as possible for as long as it takes and will very slowly bring back the magic. It will be up to each individual if the value of the experience is worth the money. I have my list of what it will take for me personally to come back. I expect it will take a while for Disney to get there.

Could it be a typo in the menus? Doesn't it make more sense to have scones and biscuits with breakfast and the pineapple-coconut bread for dinner?

I was really looking forward to returning but with:

No skewers with grilled steak and chicken (roasted chicken and beef with teriyaki sauce doesn't = grilled meats)
No grilled shrimp (cheap little salad shrimpies in bread crumbs and who knows what--:sad1:)
No noodles
No steamed/stir fried veggies (broccolini alone doesn't cut it for me)
No pineapple/coconut bread (provided that isn't a typo)

Not even wasting my time.

Unfortunately, I dont think so--- On the menu, it actually states " Freshly made Pineapple-Coconut Breakfast Bread"- so, they are calling it a bfast bread. :((

I bet reservations will still be hard to get. Disney is offering a subpar product (in every aspect) and we are all still giving them all our money.

Our upcoming trip is the most expensive trip we've made, while getting less than ever before, but I'm still excited and counting down the days.

The menu is such a bummer, 'Ohana was always a must do for us. I just don't see the same appeal with this offering... we will be eating elsewhere.

Glad we got so many great memories when it was still good!

We have eaten at Ohana at every trip we’ve ever taken (except for the most recent one where it wasn’t open). It’s tradition for us. I’m really sad that they’ve done this. It’ll be nothing like Ohana, and to charge even more for what is an extremely inferior offering is repugnant. I understand Disney is a business but things are really getting ridiculous. $60 for shrimp casserole, fried rice and polish sausage? We will not be eating there again as long as this new “menu” exists. And guess what Disney, there are 9 of us, so that’s at least $550 plus tax and tip you won’t be getting. Not a lot in the long run but every bit adds up. I hope lots of others do the same then maybe they’ll change it back.

For a more authentic Polynesian "vibe," they could replace the Kielbasa with SPAM. But I'm not sure if that would truly be better.
I thought the same thing! Why kielbasa? I have nothing against kielbasa, but it sure isn't Polynesian. Spam would be a better alternative if we are going more authentic.

I think they're doing this as a temporary change...kind of like they did with the rice thing back a couple of years ago. I think once restrictions are more eased and once people start voicing their opinions on how much they hate shrimp casserole, they will return to the skewers and noodles again.

Well, I hate kielbasa and it didn’t matter in the past because there was other meats. No noodles or shrimp too? Honestly I’m not sure I can justify paying that money for chicken and rice and steak that I’m scared is going to be awful if this is a whole save money thing.

I think they're doing this as a temporary change...kind of like they did with the rice thing back a couple of years ago. I think once restrictions are more eased and once people start voicing their opinions on how much they hate shrimp casserole, they will return to the skewers and noodles again.
What is the best way to voice our opinions?

And I’ve NEVER been to Disney and not ate at Ohana at least once a trip, usually twice. I’m pretty disturbed by the reopening info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter