'Ohana at the Polynesian reopening on July 9th

I just don’t understand devoting a second of emotional capacity to stuff like this. It’s not that big a deal. Menus in the real world change all the time at restaurants.

Disney is very good at manipulating people with nostalgia to the point where the internet grabs their pitchforks when a side dish changes. It’s pretty wild.
They’re famous for their menu. People go there because they enjoy it. If they no longer offer it people question why. I have to imagine there are some things at WDW that you’d be bummed if they changed/removed/dumbed down.

They’re famous for their menu. People go there because they enjoy it. If they no longer offer it people question why. I have to imagine there are some things at WDW that you’d be bummed if they changed/removed/dumbed down.

Sure, stuff has changed. But like … it’s OK. Change a ride that I liked? That’s… fine. It’s a ride at a theme park. Life goes on. Something changes in a restaurant? OK. Didn’t like the new Star Wars movies? Oh well. This stuff just ain’t a big deal in the grand scheme of life.

Sure, stuff has changed. But like … it’s OK. Change a ride that I liked? That’s… fine. It’s a ride at a theme park. Life goes on. Something changes in a restaurant? OK. Didn’t like the new Star Wars movies? Oh well. This stuff just ain’t a big deal in the grand scheme of life.
Right, and no one is jumping off a cliff over it. However this is a discussion board where people discuss changes.

people on this board are extremely passionate about their Disney food. Don't even get them started lamenting about the disappearing "beaver tails" at Epcot!!!!!!!:lmao:

It's mind blowing that they didn't keep to the original menu considering how freaking difficult it is to get a reservation at Ohana... all they had to do was cook everything the same and just put individual portions on tables instead of walking around with the meat forks. I was always expecting this to come back, but not with a different menu - why change a winning formula?

As to the complaining about it, people go there and keep going back because they enjoy it, they have a right to voice displeasure over a 55 dollar a person meal that is not what they expected. I can't imagine how many people are going to be elated to find Ohana reopened for their trip and when they sit down they basically get a what the heck is this served to their table. At least they kept the potstickers :D

It's mind blowing that they didn't keep to the original menu considering how freaking difficult it is to get a reservation at Ohana... all they had to do was cook everything the same and just put individual portions on tables instead of walking around with the meat forks. I was always expecting this to come back, but not with a different menu - why change a winning formula?

As to the complaining about it, people go there and keep going back because they enjoy it, they have a right to voice displeasure over a 55 dollar a person meal that is not what they expected. I can't imagine how many people are going to be elated to find Ohana reopened for their trip and when they sit down they basically get a what the heck is this served to their table. At least they kept the potstickers :D

There are plenty of places that still do the meat fork stuff still. Disney is just being Disney and changing things that don’t need to be changed. Probably saved them 50 cents switching to rice and a dollar not giving us the delicious shrimp.

Every penny counts under Chapek

Wait...they got rid of the good bread and replaced it with cheddar bacon biscuits? Am I reading that right?

Just noticed that too !!! The pineapple-coconut bread only for bfast--- Scones and cheddar bacon biscuits for dinner---
WHY !!!!!???? WHY !!!!???? Wasnt the skewer removal enough torture !!!??? :))
On a serious note--- Cheddar Bacon biscuits? Um.... that fits how ? Its Red Lobster-esque

Just noticed that too !!! The pineapple-coconut bread only for bfast--- Scones and cheddar bacon biscuits for dinner---
WHY !!!!!???? WHY !!!!???? Wasnt the skewer removal enough torture !!!??? :))
On a serious note--- Cheddar Bacon biscuits? Um.... that fits how ? Its Red Lobster-esque
Very Red Lobster-esque. However, at least on Mondays I can get all you can eat shrimp from them.:rotfl:

Fortunately we miss it for our July trip as we're only there until the 7th. That means we'll have plenty of time before our November trip to see how noodlegate turns out and what the reality of their menu is like before it's time for our ADRs. I'm holding out hope that it'll still be something we're interested in.

I really hope they aren’t the same dry hockey pucks they currently serve at Crystal Palace. A pound of butter couldn’t have saved those.

Ohana dinner has been our must-do for years. I'm OK with rice and neither of us eat shrimp but I agree with a pp, without the skewers it doesn't feel like Ohana. I'll look out for reviews and reactions when it reopens but for the first time I'm looking at the menu for Ohana and thinking I'll probably skip it.

Our trip is end of August, and just last week my DH mentioned that we hadn’t been to O’hana in years. My son piped in that it’s still closed……I just showed my DH the new menu, nope not interested. 🤷‍♀️ I don’t do casseroles, they usually have onions 🤮🤢

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter