• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh, no! What happens if... (military ticket ?)

O2H O2H

Mouseketeer
If we buy military tickets (our dd is in the NG) through our daughter, get them linked with FP, etc. and then she gets deployed or for some reason can't come on our trip, she couldn't be there to activate them! What then? Are we out the over $1000 and have to buy all new tickets? Is there a way to upgrade them to just regular full-price park tickets so we could at least apply what we had already paid toward them? Would we have any recourse at all? The ticket savings with the military discount is like $600. I would REALLY like to save that money, but if our only option is to wait until we get down there and buy at SoG, then I guess we lose out on FP+ entirely? Brain swimming.

Are these the four day Military Salute tickets, or the regular tickets that are sold for a military discount?

Are these the four day Military Salute tickets, or the regular tickets that are sold for a military discount?

Well, I was specifically referring to the military salute ones, but would it be different with the others?

Well, I was specifically referring to the military salute ones, but would it be different with the others?

With the regular tickets, we've never had to show military ID or have the sponsor there to use them. We only had to show ID to buy them.

With the Military Salute tickets, I don't think there is any way to get around having the sponsor there to activate them. The last time we used them, we bought 12, and DH or I had to be there for all activations.

This would be a good question to ask Steve over at the Disney Military site. My GUESS is if she gets deployed, Disney might let you trade them in and pay the remaining difference for regular tickets (not an upgrade, but putting the money already paid toward regular tickets), but that is a very shaky MIGHT.

Unfortunately, if she gets deployed before your trip, you would not be able to use the Salute tickets. Disney is very strict on the sponsor or the spouse activating the tickets, and this is to protect the service members and to prevent the reselling of the Salute tickets. You can always wait till closer to your trip to have her buy the tickets, get them at Shades of Green once you arrive, or have her buy the non Salute Disney tickets on base. This would save you from buying tickets you are unable to use.

Unfortunately, if she gets deployed before your trip, you would not be able to use the Salute tickets. Disney is very strict on the sponsor or the spouse activating the tickets, and this is to protect the service members and to prevent the reselling of the Salute tickets. You can always wait till closer to your trip to have her buy the tickets, get them at Shades of Green once you arrive, or have her buy the non Salute Disney tickets on base. This would save you from buying tickets you are unable to use.

Oh, I completely understand them wanting to protect themselves. We would never, ever take advantage of her status, but others certainly would. That is why I was asking if we could upgrade to a full-price ticket, not just go ahead and use the discount one. Thanks for the info, though.

We are in the same situation. We are not sure military DS would definately be able to go on the trip. If we wait to buy the tickets closer to the trip or at Shades of Green, we won't be able to make our fastpass+ 60 days out. I'm assuming we would miss out on the fastpasses. Is this correct?:confused3

TYPICALLY, soldiers are giving pretty decent notice of a pending deployment. My DH usually had a time frame at least 6 months out; some other active families I know have deployment schedules 18 months out.

With my experience with military friends, they have at least 60 days notice often times more. Jut wait till right before your window opens to buy the tickets.

From what I have been told, (may or may not be correct) is that for the Salute tickets - it has to be a solider and spoce and kids - parents don't count - again, this is what LTS told me when we went to base to pick up our tickets

From what I have been told, (may or may not be correct) is that for the Salute tickets - it has to be a solider and spoce and kids - parents don't count - again, this is what LTS told me when we went to base to pick up our tickets

This is not true. The military member can use them for whomever he/she wants as long as the military member or spouse of same is one of the persons using the ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter