Oh no! Rain!! What should I expect?

dislvr75

Mouseketeer
I checked the weather reports for our Wonder cruise on Monday. Rain in Houston Sunday, rain in Galveston at the Port and rain in Mexico later in the week. Oh no!!!! Got any advice about how not to be too bummed about this?

I checked the weather reports for our Wonder cruise on Monday. Rain in Houston Sunday, rain in Galveston at the Port and rain in Mexico later in the week. Oh no!!!! Got any advice about how not to be too bummed about this?

Be hopeful the forecast will change! It can happen.
Sometimes, its not as bad as you think it will be, hope for scattered showers.
Disney will hand out ponchos as you debark the ship to help keep you dry.
When we get a rainy day during a cruise, I just tell myself, I rather been on a Disney Cruise in the rain, then home!

Have fun!

1. You are on vacation - enjoy!
2. Relax you are on vacation and will not be able to do everything on a cruise.
3. Go take a walk in the rain.
4. Relax again.
5. Have a drink.
6. DCL will have plenty for you to do inside the ship, so that you can be a busy as you choose to be.
7. Did I say relax?

Water is wet. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Hopefully weather will improve. I will say it was hard to get decent weather reports on board. I didn't use any online access, so I had no weather radar apps to use and cast members were not aware of proximity of Hurricane Oscar to Bermuda.

On my August cruise the reports forecast for rain in every port. We encountered none save for the day before boarding.

My point is that you never know until it happens. If it does, roll with it. Go swimming (you’re gonna be wet anyway). See if there are any pop-up activities.

And I don’t know if wonder has the midship game, but DONT do that - seems like that’s a popular rain day activity.

After being disappointed by things out of my and Disney's control I realized for my 2017 trip, a 4 night Caribbean double dip with 5 WDW nights at Beach club that I was the only one that could control my level of happiness. I can let these things ruin our trip or I could go into vacation mode and just enjoy. I told myself that if I don't get the weather I wanted or the room I wanted that I had to just be happy that I was on vacation. well after a 22 day drought it started raining in Orlando the day we arrived and didn't really stop until the day before we left. I'm not talking Florida rain, I'm talking about evacuating castaway cay both port days before noon, an hour of downpour then 6 hours of drizzle, then another hour of downpour. We changed our shoes a lot, we made fun of the "poncho people" we embraced the wet and had a blast knowing there was nothing we could do to change it. When they evacuated castaway, we got back to the ship and the cast members wrapped each one of us in a warm towel and served us milk, coffee, hot chocolate and cookies. I was in a sweatshirt in June heading to the Bahamas and I didn't think twice because I prepared myself for everything. We didn't spend much time out on deck because once things dried off it would start raining again and the chairs tables and deck would be wet. CM's were great at drying everything for us. There was still plenty to do on the ship and there is a ton of stuff we never got to do. We are under 6 months till our next cruise and I will be ready for rain again, although I secretly pray for beautiful weather. I will pray for good weather for you but I would go and enjoy your trip no matter what the weather is. :umbrella:

Try not to worry about it. That is a long time from today. I live in Houston and one thing is certain our weather is never consistent. We also really like to have quick showers. They will blow in and then blow through. Also it can be raining at my house but not at school 2 blocks away. The good news is that it is warming up here. It has been really cold the past few days but we are supposed to be back in the 70's by the weekend.

This might be your cruise to see a movie or two. I've been on DCL cruises for more than 120 nights and rarely have seen a movie that was not the main WDT entertainment for the night.

A few years back it was cold (low 70's) windy and rainy on our castaway cay day ... we stayed onboard, played games, read, participated in the activities, waited for the weather to break (it only got worse) then decided to go to the movie. Not our preferred way to spend CC day ... but it was still better than being at work!!

And usually - rain and cooler weather is not an all day event ... there will probably be breaks in the rain to enjoy the great outdoors. And if you are snorkeling ... rain doesn't matter since you're going to be totally soaked once in the ocean. Yea, visibility will be not as good, but again ... snorkeling vs work!! My funny story is that we were on a catamaran on Grand Cayman heading out to the snorkeling location, a squall came up and started raining, everyone else crowded under the cover on the catamaran to get out of the rain (habit I guess) ... and 5 minutes later were gearing up to get into the water.... but the rain... oh no :earseek:

When I sailed out of Galveston it rained and they moved the sail away party inside to the atrium. It was crowded but still a ton of fun! I am sure you'll have a great time regardless of the weather!

My advice would be not to put any stock in a forecast that far away--it could well be all wrong. As was the forecast we had 2 cruises ago--predicted rain all 7 days and at all ports--all we actually got was 2 thunderstorms in two afternoons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter