Oh no! My Keurig died!

basketlacey

DIS Veteran
So yesterday, our Keurig just turned off and will not turn itself back on. I have no idea what happened but it seems to be dead. We left it unplugged overnight thinking maybe that would "reset" it but no luck.

I know it seems petty but I am not sure how I am going to survive without it! :confused3

I am on hold with Keurig right now - ugh.

Their customer service is pretty good. Ours died when it was almost a year old and they sent us a replacement. Here's hoping you get good news. :thumbsup2

I understand. I would not survive without my Keurig either. My MIL just told me yesterday that her Keurig died and she called them. They walked her through the steps of what to do to get a free replacement. I hope the same happens for you.

I totally agree their customer service is top notch. I have had trouble on 2 different ocassions. The first time they sent us a new one immediately because the problem was not fixable. Second time they taught me how to reset it right over the phone and had me fix the problem. They even waited until I brewed several cups to make sure the problem did not reoccur. Good luck!

All of this is made easier if you register your Keurig at www.Keurig.com.

The registration process will ask for the product ID number.

To find this, you will need to remove the drip tray. It is located behind that.

I found it easiest to take my iPhone, turn it upside down and take a photo of the number. This was easier than emptying all of the water out or tipping the machine.

Hope that helps.

I forgot.....

If you register your Keurig, you get an instant coupon to buy two boxes of any coffee you like and get two boxes free.

That's even better than the 20% coupon at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

And the selection is the best anywhere.

They sent us a new one in April when ours died the same way - no power at all. As soon as I said that, there were no questions asked since there's no troubleshooting they can do on the phone if it has no power.

They have the best customer service! A few weeks ago I got fed up with my machine. It would only brew when it wanted, so 1/2 the time I wanted coffee it just wouldn't work. Well while attempting to troubleshoot that problem, they realized my machine was off by 1 ounce when it brewed any size cup. So they sent me a replacement :thumbsup2 Good luck, I bet they replace yours too.

Kevin - you are right, mine was registered and it did make it easier. And yes, I did use that code for coffee!

I am getting a new machine. Still sad that I am going to be without my coffee for the weekend but thrilled that I don't need to shell out $150 for a new one!

in late june my wife called me at work and said our machine didnt work. i had her get the other one out, i had been in my office..........she called back and said that one was broken also........hmmmmmmmmmmmm....well it seems that the coffee mug she bought on Main Street during our trip one week before which is a pink IASW mug with a pedestal base which is smaller than the cup was not registering as being there when sat in the machine...........so.......she says then, "well at least one of the Keurigs still works":rotfl2: i usually just walk away.........:lovestruc

in late june my wife called me at work and said our machine didnt work. i had her get the other one out, i had been in my office..........she called back and said that one was broken also........hmmmmmmmmmmmm....well it seems that the coffee mug she bought on Main Street during our trip one week before which is a pink IASW mug with a pedestal base which is smaller than the cup was not registering as being there when sat in the machine...........so.......she says then, "well at least one of the Keurigs still works":rotfl2: i usually just walk away.........:lovestruc

too funny!

Thankfully I found some Starbucks VIA in my cabinet. Yesterday I was at the office so I had coffee to drink. Today I am on vacation. DH brewed a pot this morning but it just tastes burnt to me - yuck! So off to boil some water for my via!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter