Oh NO!! Magic Bands are Wrong COLORS!

Goldilocks07

A rockin' mom and her sweet princess
Freaking out here! My MB came in and one is pink (mine) and the other 2 grey! My daughter is freaking out! I KNOW I ordered the correct colors, I did it a while ago, and once I ordered them I put it behind me. Obviously I either didn't order them correctly, or something got messed up along the way.
Whatever the reason, I don't care- WHAT SHOULD I DO???
And yes, the color of the bands are important to me. But really they are important to my daughter, and it'll be her birthday when we go.
She is already making sad faces and pouting about the drab color.
WAAAA!!!!

Any ideas??? So upset right now.

I have enough personal u-know-what on my plate right now and I am on the verge of a meltdown.
Sorry for the drama but I'm on edge. Thank you!!!

FYI, we have MB from our last trip, can we use these?

*And no, the MB color won't ruin my trip, I realize this. But I don't want to have to stare at that awful depressing smudge newsprint blah thing on my wrist all week. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not the way to start off my (already stressful) vacation. :(

Bring your old bands, they will work. Or buy some bling to spruce up the grey ones once you get there. :goodvibes

Can you link your old bands to your ticket/reservation through MDE? I would do that or bring them with you, if the old band is the color she wants. If she wanted a different color and you REALLY want to get it, I would let them know the wrong color was received and try to get the correct one upon check-in. How long until your trip?

Could you get some nail polish and paint over the MBs with the right colour? You can add sparkles, pretty designs etc.

You could try to get new ones sent but there may not be enough time. The resorts only have gray bands, so getting the "right" color when you arrive is not an option.

Maybe you can bling up the gray band. There have been several threads on the TPAS board with pictures of MBs that have been jazzed up. You could also take a look on Pinterest for more examples. Perhaps having a personal and unique MB will help to ease your daughter's upset.

I think I would either paint it with nail polish or look into the magic band accessories during your first day there. I think I saw on a blog that they even make some type of fun slip covers in a variety of colors and styles.

I'm sorry you got the wrong color. I am also sorry for everything you have on your plate right now. I think it would be fun to spruce them up. Like some of the other posters have said there are forums and pics that show them blinged out. We have an upcoming trip planned and we asked the CM if we could use ours from the fall. FWIW he said that they should be reusable for up to two years.

Thank you for everyone's suggestions.

Also, thank you for not coming down on me for complaining about something that I realize in the scheme of things, is trivial. But, every little piece of the puzzle counts for me when it comes to planning, since my personal life is in the toilet, this is something that makes me truly and completely happy. Especially since this was something I had CONTROL over, and I obviously screwed it up...

Now, to turn lemons to lemonade......

That being said, I LOVE the idea of blinging them up. FUN!!!
Maybe I can even glue on crystals? I will check around the web and see what others did.

First I'll call Disney asap. Our trip is March 3. MAYBE there's something they can do. OR, I will try and link my other bands.
If nothing can be done, I'll bling them out.

Thank you all for your support!!! :cool1:

Just thinking here...does your daughter like Frozen? Cause grey can be blinged up to a grey/frost color using some crystals and paint from Micheal's or Hobby Lobby. Be careful not to damage the Mickey area cause I think that it has the computer chip there.

You can also re-use your old band. You can also recycle the new band at the hotel concierge!! Just bring the new band in and tell them that you want to trade them up and to recycle the new and keep the old.

They also SELL bling for the MB at the parks, including some cool MD sleeves. I've heard that the sleeves do tend to make the MB have reading issues, but, hell, the MBs still have issues in general. Be careful with the little MB glitter things that they sell, my mom had one of hers pop off in a store (Or she noticed it was lost then). The CM in the store said it happens all the time, and that they had some in the back of the store that they would give her one. She bought a new set, and then we ended up finding the charm in the bottom of her purse! :rolleyes2

Definitely check out the thread a PP mentioned. Some of the ideas that DISers have come up with have been truly spectacular! My kids were SO excited at the thought of "jazzing" their bands up! They've been trying to figure out which characters to make theme their bands after.

I just wanted to share with you how I decorated my daughters. I did mine also, but don't have a picture

1623615_10100641307596436_110696515_n_zpsf9d494aa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

in case you're wondering, I used a pink with glitter nail polish, then a coat of clear with glitter. I used e600 and swarkovski crystals that you get at any craft store.

Hope this helps!

Oh and I had a hot pink nail polish for the center and outlined with a white nail pen.

Just thinking here...does your daughter like Frozen? Cause grey can be blinged up to a grey/frost color using some crystals and paint from Micheal's or Hobby Lobby. Be careful not to damage the Mickey area cause I think that it has the computer chip there.

You can also re-use your old band. You can also recycle the new band at the hotel concierge!! Just bring the new band in and tell them that you want to trade them up and to recycle the new and keep the old.

They also SELL bling for the MB at the parks, including some cool MD sleeves. I've heard that the sleeves do tend to make the MB have reading issues, but, hell, the MBs still have issues in general. Be careful with the little MB glitter things that they sell, my mom had one of hers pop off in a store (Or she noticed it was lost then). The CM in the store said it happens all the time, and that they had some in the back of the store that they would give her one. She bought a new set, and then we ended up finding the charm in the bottom of her purse! :rolleyes2

I am planning to make a Frozen band for my upcoming trip. I am painting the band with glittery white nail polish, and I purchased Frozen nail decals. I will also probably add some blue and silver crystals. OP, I would definitely just bling them out. You can really paint them any color...just takes a few coats.

Unless you went in and deactivated your old bands, you shouldn't have to go in and reactivate them to use them. My husband and I each had two bands on our trip and we used them interchangably. We didn't have to activate or deactivate anything.

I am so using this.

Wow. Really? #firstworldproblems

haha...this is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

If my vacation was that stressful, it would stop being a vacation and start being worse than my JOB....

OP, I understand that you are asking for MB advice, not parenting advice. However, the family psychologist side of my brain is screaming at me right now to point out that our kids watch us very carefully for their cue on how to react to adversity. A gray magic band is a great way to teach the lesson that You Can Overcome This and Still Have Fun!!!! Watch your DD watching you. She will react the same way you do. Blinging them up together is a great way to show her that even the best laid plans can get messed up AND corrected!

CALL! We got a grey magic band, and wanted green. So I called yesterday and they are sending us a green one!! We check in March 2. :)

Sounds like this is a great opportunity to teach your DD how to make lemonade out of lemons.

I know it stinks when we plan so carefully and things still go wrong. It sounds like perhaps you have a lot on your plate right now and the trip is your bright spot, but kids learn how to react from watching us. If you freak out, stress, and have a meltdown over something like this, she will learn to do this too. However, if you acknowledge that you are disappointed, but that you know the trip is going to be great anyway, she will learn a valuable lesson.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter