Oh It's A Jolly Holiday With Katie! - Beach Club / Grand Floridian

So excited to read your report!! Hubby and I will be checking in to the Beach Club for 5 nights, just the two of us, in a little over a month!! We have never stayed there before....so we are soooo excited!! Your pictures are just adding to the excitement!

Following! I think we were there at the same time. I'm not sure on your exact dates?

Great day 1 and a beautiful ending! :woohoo:

The BC is my favorite resort! The pool is awesome! We stayed there last year and really enjoyed it!:cloud9: We plan on returning this year for 4 nights! My family loves the BW! We always make a trip over and get a bakery treat! Your pic reminded me of all the delicious choices! We are proud new owners at the BW!

Waiting to read more report :wave2:

Ah! I got so far behind! Love your plane pics. I hate flying, but love to see other people's pics. So glad you had good seats and got to get off before everyone else!

Beach Club looks beautiful. I've never been there. I love Boardwalk, though. That and Poly are my dream resorts. DH and I went swing dancing at Atlantic Dance at the Boardwalk back in 2001!

So awesome about Illuminations being right outside your room. What a nice perk.

Can't wait to read more!

nrexxma44 & nagshead - Thank you so much!!! I'm so excited to write this TR, just so that I'm able to relive it and remember it all. But it is SUCH a bonus that people are reading it and enjoying it! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

DisneyKid4Life - I'll definitely have to try the Boardwalk again when it's a bit more lively! And as for the strawberry cupcake, it does look AMAZING! Everything looks amazing!!! But if you say the strawberry cupcake is to die for, then that's what I MUST keep in mind to try next time :cutie: If only we could get them delivered! :worship:

And, oh my goodness, seeing Illuminations from my balcony was a Disney memory I will never forget!! Initially, I actually had no idea whereabouts our room was in relation to Epcot, as all we could really see were trees. So I was absolutely over the moon! I definitely got a bit teary! Also to keep in mind for next time.. Illuminations Cruise! Yours just looked wonderful! (And I would DEFINITELY be fighting you for all those left over snacks :rotfl: - good call!)

cjhinch - Wow, that's so cool, I hope you and hubby have an AMAZING time!! :goodvibes you will love it, it's sooo easy to walk into Epcot, and nothing beats a late night friendship boat back from Hollywood Studios :boat: :goodvibes:goodvibes ENJOY!!

qa4ever - Oops, we were there September 2nd - 16th :) maybe I should add that too my intro, thanks for pointing that out! So, did we overlap? Keep an eye out for yourself in the background of any of my photos, and I can tell people I've had a 'kind-of-Dis-meet' :thumbsup2

weswife - Aw awesome, I do hope you make it back to the BC :goodvibes and owners at the BW! That is just too cool! :lovestruc:lovestruc I hope you get some of your adventures written down on these Trip Report boards!

Clarf - The Poly is one of my dream resorts too! But yes, we loooved the Beach Club, I would definitely recommend :) And swing dancing at Atlantic Dance! That sounds so romantic! :lovestruc I don't think I'd ever get Jamie to go swing dancing.. But after a few drinks.. I could maybe get him doing some sort of dancing (/flailing) :rotfl:

Day 2
(September 3rd 2014)

This is gonna be the best day of my liiiife!
My li-i-i-i-i-iiiife!
(Ooo, oooo, oo, oo ooo.)

Part 1 - Casey Junior'’s coming down the track!

So the '‘tag line'’ for day 2 refers to the American Authors song and the reason behind it is two fold.

1. Later on in the trip we saw a band on stage at Hollywood Studios playing this song. So from now on, it’s officially a Disney song.

2. Quite frankly, this WAS one of the best days of my life!! (Oooo, ooooo).

So let'’s tell the tale!!

I woke bright and early to start my first full Disney day!!

AT 4:30 IN THE MORNING.

But I didn’'t want to be too ridiculous, so I lay in bed staring at the ceiling until about 7am.

:hyper:
(This face describes my day so well.)

Jamie woke up around that time too so we had some PB&J sandwiches and got ourselves ready whilst watching Stacey, then made our way down to the bus stop.

So here’'s a question.

Is it just us, or are the Beach Club elevators (next to the Marketplace)
THE FASTEST ELEVATORS ON THE PLANET??

We pushed the ground floor button from the fourth floor, and the doors were opening quicker than we could say “Magic Kingdom.”

And where better to spend your first full day at Walt Disney World?

No, not going up and down in the Beach Club elevators.

THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!!

18838972893_f4fcc0fe6d_b.jpg

Eeeee!!!

We were sat at the bus stop at 8:05am and it was already reeeaaalllyyy warm.

I’'m fairly positive that the hottest day of the past 10 years in the UK was colder than this 8am Orlando heat.

At 8:15am we were on the bus to the Magic Kingdom!

And before we knew it..

* Drum roll *
* Trumpets to Mickey Mouse club *

“WELCOME TO THE MAGIC KINGDOM!
Return service to your resort hotel is available at this station.
Be sure to ask your driver for the exact location.
Motor coaches depart approximately every 20 minutes.
Ladies and Gentlemen, please collect your belongings,
Watch your head and step as you disembark,
Take small children by the hand,
And follow the walkway to the main entrance.
As you approach the entrance, please keep your party together and have your tickets ready.
Thanks for riding with us and have a WONDERFUL TIME
HERE AT THE MAGIC KINGDOM!”

Jamie and I had a running joke in 2012, when the announcement states to ‘take small children by the hand,’ Jamie would always grab my hand.

But it’'s not that much of a joke because I’'m actually 5 years old.

And to my delight, he took my hand again.

Ok, so here’s where the REAL magic starts.

We arrived at around 8:40am.

And exactly as we hopped off the bus and took a few steps towards the main entrance..

“Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!”

:scared1:

I AM NOT KIDDING.

It was as if they were personally welcoming us.

I'’m kind of starting to think they were.

“A kingdom full of endless dreams for every girl and boy!
Wondrous lands of make-believe will fill your heart with joy!”

I started to power-walk / skip to get through bag check and the Magic Band scanners ASAP.

But let’'s be serious, I was practically running.

“A castle leads the entrance way to seven lands and more
Step inside our story book, imagine what'’s in store!”

The bag check and scanners took a matter of seconds.

First time entering a park with a Magic Band.

Yay! :woohoo:

But to be honest I didn’'t care about that right now.

The Magic Kingdom Welcome show is one of my absolute favourite things at WDW!

“Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Magic Kingdom!”

(I know you guys all know the tune)

“It’'s all pure magic, wrapped up in pixie dust,
Welcome to a place where dreams come true,
A timeless journey through lands of fantasy,
Where only a wish creates things like this to appear,
THE MOST MAGICAL PLACE ON EARTH IS HERE!”

Christopher George Weaver is the Mayor of Main Street USA and he's so sweet!

He seems to love the Magic Kingdom almost as much as I do.

And these trolley show folks.

“Hi there! Good to see you! Hello! Welcome!”

19433533136_2648d33284_b.jpg

18838962553_498338d28f_b.jpg

18837074134_03e4859d3f_b.jpg

“Good Morning! Good Morning!
It’'s great to stay up late!
Good Morning! Good Morning!
To you!
And you! And you! And you!

But it’'s the part that follows that I just cannot cope with.

“Casey Junior’'s coming down the track!
Coming down the track!
With a smoky stack!
Hear him puffing, coming round the hill!
Casey's here to thrill!
Every Jack and Jill!”

When I see that steam train coming into the station with all the characters waving,

I BECOME AN EMOTIONAL WRECK.

“Time for lemonade and cracker jacks!
Casey Junior’'s back!
Casey Junior’'s back todayyy!

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
Zip-a-dee-ay!
My, oh, my, what a wonderful day!
Plenty of sunshine heading my way!
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
Zip-a-dee-ay!”

Oh, boy.

19486950821_1c359b1a45_o.gif

Amazingness.

19273434169_d3849e3113_b.jpg

Family of the day for September 3rd 2014!

18837060024_0dbfd77f29_b.jpg

Tiana, I love you!

19453228142_a900406495_b.jpg

19271970148_2ce7d8fbc5_b.jpg

18838915083_3382302b4a_b.jpg

“OK gang, count nice and loud!
Here!
We!
Go!
And!
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!”

WOOO.

:cool1:

19453201102_ac86942809_b.jpg

IN WE GO!

First steps into the Magic Kingdom seemed a little crowded.

But nothing beats that first view of the castle!

18838893243_ca2c4533c3_b.jpg

The crowds quickly dispersed / ran to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Anna and Elsa, and we appeared to have the place to ourselves!

19433453156_9bfb67984f_c.jpg

18837002554_f6872eedf3_c.jpg

We started our adventure off in none other than Adventureland.

I looove Adventureland. It’s definitely my favourite themed land at the Magic Kingdom.

And you can’t beat the steel drum music there.

19463773001_8f25621ae2_b.jpg

Jamie needed to stop for a bathroom break already.

Apparently I wasn'’t the only one who was SUPER EXCITED.

19459486135_bc82999bf8_b.jpg

19273345739_329547ae86_b.jpg

19271913080_4f1268054d_c.jpg

19485675311_44db3aae34_b.jpg

Click for Day 2, Part 2!

Last edited:
Still catching up with landing day but had to comment on those corny snack packets! (love them) and as my Dad decided my DD should collect salt and pepper shakers (go figure-I think *** he can't fill his house up with any more nick knacks) those little plane ones would be perfect for her collection! 8 daylight hours and you are there - sigh - 13 hours to the east coast (always an overnight flight because of the way they schedule) plus 5 hrs across the States-you do realise how lucky you Brits are??

All caught up. Your pics of the Beach Club and the Boardwalk are beautiful. Staying there has always been high on my wish list but just couldn't make the budget stretch this visit-one day! I would have been getting entangled (and cursing) in those curtains too as I rushed to have a look at the fireworks-unexpected treats are always the best. Looks like beautiful weather for the start of your first day and so quiet!

On a side note as my ticker says 6 days and counting....and off to the 'It's A Kinda Magic' Queen concert (not sure how you describe it - promo's call it a theatrical concert, I'd call it a tribute concert) tomorrow night :yay:

Love the update!!!!! It makes me even more excited for my disney moon. I can't wait for more updates! :-)

OK, I would be remiss if I didn't point out my extreme approval of getting ready while watching some Stacey! :thumbsup2

Hahaha, I always laugh at the "Take small children by the hand" too!! What if you don't know them? You could get into some serious trouble. :laughing:

I LOVE MAYOR WEAVER!!!! Just sayin'.

Katie, I love this update and your completely super excited tone. No "We entered Magic Kingdom... the end" No no no. All the detail and emotion and pure joy you express is just absolute perfection. And I am right there with ya in all the feels. :flower3: Are you sure this is your first TR?

AND you got a picture with all the characters still out there!!!! Love that!!!

I have a feeling this is gonna be an awesome day!!

Hi there! I've just joined in and I'm all caught up! I love the Beach Club it's one of my favorites! Can't wait to hear more about your day in MK and all about your trip!

I'm in!!! What an awesome trip report so far... I can't wait for more... Plus I'll be there in 19 days!!!
Keep writing!!!
TexasBelle

Can't believe I've never seen the MK welcome show! It was already on my to-do list and now there is NO WAY we are leaving our trip without seeing it!

Love love love this update! I can FEEL your excitement. And the pictures of the empty castle and Adventureland! So awesome! I can't wait to see where the day takes you.

:wave: Hi, joining in. Great start! So glad you're only on day two. I'm looking forward to reading along.

Hi there! Just stumbled across your TR and love it so far!

Your description of the MK Welcome Show was perfect- I could hear them singing and definitely felt like I was there. GAH, I wanna go right now!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter