Oh, has it Been Raining? No, this is Just Sweat. Sept/Oct 2022 Trip Report! (Updated 9/16!!)

There did seem to be a lot of these random seating displays set up in the greenhouses now, like I feel they’ve always had one or two, but now there are a bunch, which seems odd. Like I’m there to see the plants, not how to make a table display? :confused3
It does seem odd to have the table displays. I wonder if they were holding some sort of special party in the off hours.
The CMs at the GET umbrella were fantastic and so incredibly nice. They said the reason I couldn’t book Slinky for mom was because we hadn’t checked in at the YC yet that morning. This seems odd since I was able to book it for myself, so shouldn’t it not work for me either if that was the case?
Okay - that does not make sense at all! Since when do resort reservations have anything to do with G+?

Enjoying your report!

I LOVE LwtL too! And if you look at those "tablescapes" there, they look to have a lot of Corscicle products who are a big sponsor of Food & Wine...so wonder if that is why there are more?

And definitely do Behind the Seeds tour. It is so much fun to walk around the greenhouses!

Your check in does sound odd! Idk why sometimes cms get like that lol I especially find it frustrating when I do my best to be overly nice to cms because I know the attitudes they probably get at times and then when they're kind of rude for no reason it just baffles me lol We had a similar weird check in at the Poly. We arrived early and let them know we were there but our room wasnt ready which was fine so we went to MK and then we waited until FOUR PM to talk to them again and the guy called Guest Relations to find us a room and when he got off the phone I jokingly said hopefully you have good news for us! Meaning like we have a room an hour past check in and his really was well..... we booked a standard view room lol like how can it not be good news if theres a room to get into! So odd.

Glad your mom got her SDD LL!

I am with you on 2 counts completely.

I always pick the wrong line. Mine is always the slowest. At Disneyland, they take pictures of all first time uses of tickets (multi day or AP), and without fail, I get in a line where is seems like every single person needs a picture taken or huge groups of 8-10 at a time all needing pictures and then having to get the right name with the ticket to take the picture. I so wish there were AP lines or first use lines or something to help with the madness.

And I am another ---- I loved Social Distancing. And so wish it was still around. It really helped with anxiety I deal with in tight spaces. I will not fill in all space as I need that space to stay calm and in control. I also cannot stand people breathing down my neck.

Just got my fitbit stats from last week, my first full week back from Disney. This seems about right! :rotfl2:
::yes::
I managed to snag an ILL for RotR with a return time of 5:00 (we were heading to HS later in the day so I purposely got a late afternoon one), then went to book the G+ for Slinky. Oddly, I was able to book Slinky for myself, but it showed that my mom didn’t have Genie+, which was wrong, we both definitely had it. So I ended up booking Slinky for just myself and told my mom we’d swing by the GET in the park to get her added. I did contact them through the chat in the app, but they said we’d have to take care of it in person in the park.
Ugh! Genie+ can be such a pain!
The lobby was pretty empty when we got there so we headed right to the front desk to see if we could get a room. The CM we spoke with made a call to see if we could get into a room, and she said something that kind of rubbed me the wrong way while she was on the phone. She said something along the lines of “oh no, I don’t want to upgrade them.”
So weird! Why would she be rude and unwelcoming like that?
She also wouldn’t give us a celebration pin, and I really wanted one this time since I was celebrating my 40th with Epcot! She didn’t ask if we were celebrating anything when we checked in, which ok, she may have forgotten, so I asked if they had them, and she said that they don’t do them anymore. This would have been fine but there were tons of people wearing them that week and saw a CM giving them out later in the week when we stopped by the front desk for something else. So I don’t know if she was just new and didn’t know or actually just flat out lied. Not the best welcome home, but it’s ok being the only minor snag in the trip (besides of course the hurricane ::yes::)
Well that wouldn't leave a very good impression. :( Glad you were able to move past it and have a fun day!
Our first stop that morning was Soarin’ for our 8:30 pre-booked DAS. This time there was hardly any wait at all in the LL, only about 5 minutes! We were in C-1, but *almost* in B since we were the two closest seats to B, so we had almost a straight Eiffel Tower!
Perfect!
We next headed over to LwtL. There was hardly anyone there when we got there so the CM was putting people in the boats with 2-3 empty rows between them, which I always appreciate! (hot take: I miss the days of social distancing at Disney!) We piled into our row and settled in for a relaxing ride. As we were leaving the load station I was surprised to see a pretty sizeable line had built for the ride! Good timing on our part!
I adore LwtL!
The ride was great as always. One of these days we want to do the behind the seeds tour there.
I highly recommend the Behind the Seeds tour, it's great!
Once that was taken care of, we hopped over to the Seas. I love it in this pavilion, it is so relaxing, especially that early in the morning. We hung out there for a while just watching the fish and waving at the divers. Looked like they had the dive tour going on again that day as there were a bunch of divers in the water! I really want to get SCUBA certified so I can do this. Maybe one of these years.
I love the Seas too. My now 22 year old son has loved manatees since he was a little guy so time in the Seas to visit them was always a must. I just love how calm and relaxing it is in there.

It does seem odd to have the table displays. I wonder if they were holding some sort of special party in the off hours.
Oh maybe! It just seems a bit odd to have so many, they're pretty and all, but it looks like for some of them they removed a lot of the plants.
Okay - that does not make sense at all! Since when do resort reservations have anything to do with G+?
Right? It didn't make any sense at all! At least that was the only issue we had with it this trip!

Enjoying your report!
Thank you so much!
I LOVE LwtL too! And if you look at those "tablescapes" there, they look to have a lot of Corscicle products who are a big sponsor of Food & Wine...so wonder if that is why there are more?
Ohhhhh, that makes sense. I didn't even notice, ha!
And definitely do Behind the Seeds tour. It is so much fun to walk around the greenhouses!
Thanks for the recommendation, it looks like it would be so cool to walk around the greenhouses, can't wait to do it! We wanted to do it this year, but of course it came back the day we left. Oh well, next time!

Also, love your profile pic, beautiful pup!

Your check in does sound odd! Idk why sometimes cms get like that lol I especially find it frustrating when I do my best to be overly nice to cms because I know the attitudes they probably get at times and then when they're kind of rude for no reason it just baffles me lol We had a similar weird check in at the Poly. We arrived early and let them know we were there but our room wasnt ready which was fine so we went to MK and then we waited until FOUR PM to talk to them again and the guy called Guest Relations to find us a room and when he got off the phone I jokingly said hopefully you have good news for us! Meaning like we have a room an hour past check in and his really was well..... we booked a standard view room lol like how can it not be good news if theres a room to get into! So odd.

Glad your mom got her SDD LL!
Right? What a rude welcome home! I'd like to think this was a new CM who didn't know any better. I'd hate to think we did something to make her not like us for some reason!

And I feel like if you're still waiting for a room an hour after check-in time there is absolutely no reason for them to have an attitude just for checking on the room status. You'd think they'd understand by 4 people would be getting antsy to get into their room!

I am with you on 2 counts completely.

I always pick the wrong line. Mine is always the slowest. At Disneyland, they take pictures of all first time uses of tickets (multi day or AP), and without fail, I get in a line where is seems like every single person needs a picture taken or huge groups of 8-10 at a time all needing pictures and then having to get the right name with the ticket to take the picture. I so wish there were AP lines or first use lines or something to help with the madness.
Oh no! Isn't that so frustrating? It's funny that some of us just have this luck, while others, like my mom, this never happens to!
And I am another ---- I loved Social Distancing. And so wish it was still around. It really helped with anxiety I deal with in tight spaces. I will not fill in all space as I need that space to stay calm and in control. I also cannot stand people breathing down my neck.
Yes! I loved not having to fill all the space, it was so nice, I miss it so much! My mom also has anxiety in tight/crowded spaces, especially when she can't easily see an exit, so we're very careful with rides and crowds. It would be so nice if they still had at least a bit of distancing, or at least didn't make us fill all available space.

Ugh! Genie+ can be such a pain!
Yes! Totally not a fan of the 7am booking. I wish we could do at least one ride prebooked!
So weird! Why would she be rude and unwelcoming like that?
I wish we knew! I'm thinking perhaps she was just new and didn't really know any better?
Well that wouldn't leave a very good impression. :( Glad you were able to move past it and have a fun day!
Yeah, it was a bummer, but I'm going to try again in January for my FARTs trip!
We got pretty lucky with those seats!
I adore LwtL!
Isn't it great? Seems like such a perfect classic Epcot ride.
I highly recommend the Behind the Seeds tour, it's great!
We really really want to do this. Hopefully next year we can squeeze it in!
I love the Seas too. My now 22 year old son has loved manatees since he was a little guy so time in the Seas to visit them was always a must. I just love how calm and relaxing it is in there.
It is probably one of my favorite places to take a break in Epcot. It really is so relaxing, and early in the morning there was hardly anyone in there which was even nicer! The only thing I wish they would change in there would be to add more seats to just sit and watch the fish!

Thank you! Oh yeah, you were on the MNSSHP text right? We totally failed at the meetup :rotfl:
We failed right along with you! 😅

Loving your TR. Your first two days are similar to ours. We arrived 9/23 and stayed at the Dolphin that night before moving to BWV. I was not overly impressed with the Dolphin, but it served its purpose of an easy transition morning.

You were wise to stock up on wine you like before the hurricane. We waited too long and had to settle on two bottles of not-so-great white wine at the BW.

We failed right along with you! 😅
Haha, hey, at least we tried! :rotfl:
Loving your TR. Your first two days are similar to ours. We arrived 9/23 and stayed at the Dolphin that night before moving to BWV. I was not overly impressed with the Dolphin, but it served its purpose of an easy transition morning.
Thank you! Yeah, the Dolphin was fine for the first night, but I wouldn't want to stay there the whole trip. It is amazing the different feels of the resorts!
You were wise to stock up on wine you like before the hurricane. We waited too long and had to settle on two bottles of not-so-great white wine at the BW.
Yeah, I'm super glad we stocked up early. Bummer about getting the not-so-great wine, but I guess it's better than no wine, I hope! (seriously, if it was that bad, yikes! :oops:)

Day 2, Part 3: More of Our Epcot Morning!

Saturday September 24th, 2022

We last left off with us heading over to SE. On the way out of the Seas we of course took pictures!

When we arrived at SE, we saw that the ride was down, so we went to get photopass pictures in that area instead.

This is like Disney’s version of Where’s Waldo….where are we?!?!?

Ah, there we are! :rotfl:

After our photoshoot we had (or thought we had) time to kill before the food booths opened, so we headed to Creations to do some shopping!

We found some cute food and wine shirts, but wanted to try them on, so went to find a CM to see if there were fitting rooms. There were and the CM unlocked them for us.

The shirt I grabbed was on a hanger marked Large, but when I tried it on it was huge. So I looked at the tag on the shirt itself and saw it was actually an XXL! This actually happened a few times during our trip, the shirt size on the hanger did not match the actual shirt size, so be careful while shopping and check the actual tags on the shirt!

Since the shirt I grabbed was way too big, I made my way back out into the store to pick up an actual large. As I exited the fitting room another guest ducked into it before the door closed, so when I got back with the correct size to try on I had to wait for either her or my mom since there were only two fitting rooms.

My mom ended up getting done first, and when she came out decided she needed to chat about the shirts and while doing so let the door close…and lock. HA! So we had to hunt down the CM once again to let me in. This time the shirt fit perfectly!

I ended up buying the v-neck F&W shirt with Mickey on the back and mom got the F&W figment shirt. I also grabbed the corkcicle F&W metal wine glass. I did mobile check-out, which I absolutely love, it’s so quick and easy, and I was able to use my Disney Visa discount with it too!

Purchases in hand, we headed out the back door to hover around the food booths for when they would open, it was about 10:50 at that point. Well, we were surprised when we got outside to see that the food booths were all already open and serving food! Wahoo! (We did find out from a CM later in the week that the food booths typically try to open up at 10:30 these days even though they are advertised as opening at 11, except for Belgium which opens at 8:30 to serve the waffles).

Next up: Time to Drool Over Food Pictures!

Last edited:
We last left off with us heading over to SE. On the way out of the Seas we of course took pictures!
These are great!
When we arrived at SE, we saw that the ride was down, so we went to get photopass pictures in that area instead.
I like the zoom pics! I wasn't a fan of how my closeup SE pictures came out as I felt they were distorted with the globe effect. Yours came out much better than mine did. And I love the picture of your Mom with the balloons! So cute!
Purchases in hand, we headed out the back door to hover around the food booths for when they would open, it was about 10:50 at that point. Well, we were surprised when we got outside to see that the food booths were all already open and serving food! Wahoo! (We did find out from a CM later in the week that the food booths typically try to open up at 10:30 these days even though they are advertised as opening at 11, except for Belgium which opens at 8:30 to serve the waffles).
Can't wait to see what you tried!

Those pictures are really cute. :)
The shirt I grabbed was on a hanger marked Large, but when I tried it on it was huge. So I looked at the tag on the shirt itself and saw it was actually an XXL!
I hate when that happens. ;) Even when the correct size is on the correct hanger, the sizes are so different now that you never know what the right size is.

I love mobile checkout as well. So convenient. The booths opening at 10:30 is a nice development! I really hope the events come back next year.

These are great!
Thank you!
I like the zoom pics! I wasn't a fan of how my closeup SE pictures came out as I felt they were distorted with the globe effect. Yours came out much better than mine did. And I love the picture of your Mom with the balloons! So cute!
Thanks, I was impressed with some of the photos we got this year, I like the ones with the various zooms/effects.
Can't wait to see what you tried!
Haha, I was literally drooling typing up the food stuff, they had some really good food this year!

Those pictures are really cute. :)
Thanks! We really liked the various shots they had over by SE this year!
I hate when that happens. ;) Even when the correct size is on the correct hanger, the sizes are so different now that you never know what the right size is.
Oh so true, I'm happy they have fitting rooms in the new store so we could try stuff on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter