ogas

wondering if anyone has been there since pandemic this year began in the morning times and what that experience is like regarding walking around.
They don't really let you walk around in Oga's because it's so small. When I was there in March, you go directly to your seat and they tell you not to get up and walk around, but they do tell you you're welcome to look around and take pics on your way out only.

It's definitely a bar, and the food is limited. Because of the theming and tight space, I can't imagine they'd be too keen to have "outside" food brought in but I would ask PRIOR to getting your Woody's breakfast. In terms of experience, the only thing you're missing is really the bar atmosphere. Pre-COVID, it was packed and you would share tables with other parties. There are also drinking songs DJ Rex plays which are sing-a-long (or, chant-a-long I suppose) led by the bartenders - they're not doing that right now either. TBH, I think kids might get bored with the experience right now because basically you're just sitting and drinking juice.

We were just there a few weeks ago. As others have said, they only have drinks and 2 food items - one is a charcuterie board and one is chips and dip. Both are on the exotic side so FYI if you have picky eaters. Check out the menu online. You have a 45 minute time limit and the seating is varied (bar, standing tables, booths). We were a party of 5 with 3 kids so luckily, they sat us at a booth. The standing areas look pretty uncomfortable especially with kids.

It was really cool being in the cantina, but I can't say we're in any rush to do it again. The kids liked the fizzy drinks they got, but they were really top heavy and I basically had to hold it for my 5 year old as she wouldn't have spilt it very easily. If you are looking for a meal, this isn't the place to go and I wouldn't bring outside food in either. Not sure that would fly and I would either just plan to eat before or after. It's really meant to be a place to grab a quick drink, and that's it.

I was there last month - we were a party of six - and we were given a table to stand at near DJ Rex. There really isn't food to speak of so eat before hand or afterwards. Once you're taken to your spot, you are not allowed to roam around since people are eating/drinking and have removed their masks.

They will not allow you to bring in food from other places. So, if you want something else (like Woody's or a Ronto Wrap) ORDER THOSE BEFORE YOU EVEN GET TO THE PARK for a 9 AM pick up window - which will give you time to grab them, eat, and then head to Oga's.

Several in our group got alcoholic drinks, but I split the non-alcoholic Blue Bantha (Blue Milk with a Cookie) with friend and the waiter brought us an extra glass. It's fun for sure - but more because of atmosphere.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/ogas-cantina/menus/

how's the cookie?!

The cookie was AWESOME! It was a shortbread/sugar cookie topped with a coconut topping that was similar to a macaroon (not the French Sandwich cookie, the sticky coconut cookies). Everyone got a little bite of it and loved it.

If you are wanting the "Star Wars" experience - it's a good way to try the Blue Milk without having to go to the milk stand, too.

I went right before the pandemic, and loved Oga's!
But it's a bar. Lots of fun theming and crazy drinks, but still a bar.
If I had a morning reservation, I would get an alcoholic drink. Who says you can't drink in the morning? :-D (Although I'm not even up at 9am! With the new virtual queue allowing you to be in your hotel at 7am, I would go back to sleep if I had a higher boarding group.)

Oga’s is super fun. But it’s not a place for a meal. Not lunch. Not dinner. Not breakfast either. You get a drink or 2 and maybe a snack if you want. Don’t count on getting a seat to sit at. You may have to stand the entire time.

that being said, I wouldn’t miss it for the world. DH and I went in January and we had a fabulous time. Our server was amazing and so much fun. You could tell that he truly loves his job.

Does anyone know if you can order the Yub Nub in a regular (not souvenir) glass? I don't want to carry that around all day, plus I really don't care for it. Also is this a "regular" bar in that you are able to order more standard type cocktails or are drinks limited to what is on the menu only? Thank you!

To each your own, but I feel Olga's is the biggest and most disappointing rip-off in the parks. The two of us had to stand shoulder to shoulder and pay $38 for a beer and whatever drink my DW had. I expected to see servers dressed up as aliens. Nope just regular bar tenders.
I don't know what you ordered but you didn't pay $38 for a drink and a beer.

Does anyone know if you can order the Yub Nub in a regular (not souvenir) glass? I don't want to carry that around all day, plus I really don't care for it. Also is this a "regular" bar in that you are able to order more standard type cocktails or are drinks limited to what is on the menu only? Thank you!
Yes, you can order a souvenir drink without the souvenir drinkware.

No, they do not serve standard cocktails. The drinks are mixed in batches daily, they aren't mixed to order.

Oga's is actually our favorite thing in HS and neither of us are big drinkers. The kids LOVE it - we have always gone in the evening or afternoon, but they would enjoy it just as much in the earning morning. They have a coffee drink but according to my husband it was pretty abysmal. I agree it is pricey, but it's a really cool place to sit and the kids love just looking around and listening to the music.
With that said, my kids are little - I don't know if it would have the same appeal for older kids unless they are huge star wars fans (in which case it is absolutely worth it since to me it's the place in HS that feels the most like an immersive Star Wars experience). They say you have 45 minutes, but they don't rush you at all and we have always been finished well before our time was up.

Not everyone (in fact, the minority of guests) get seated at Oga's. Most spots are standing-room-only at bar height tables. There are some booths but not many. For OP with grown kids that shouldn't be an issue but FYI if anyone has young ones. Relative to Rise of the Resistance, I was at Brown Derby this weekend and cast member told me that if outside my hour return time to just show my lunch receipt and explain I was dining when my boarding group was called and that it would be no problem.

Last edited:
we paid $77.50 including tip, for 4 drinks in October of 2019. Not complaining at all, just commenting on cost.
The drinks are between $15 and $18 and the beers are $13.25 or $14.25 each so if you add tax and tip $38 is the least you would spend.
Imo, you don't include tip when you talk about the price of something.

Housekeeping is included in a resort stay. If I tip $10 per day, I don't say "housekeeping costs $10 per day."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter