Oga's Cantina

I'm not a Star Wars fan but I enjoyed it. You can listen to the music and watch the DJ and occasionally the machinery at the bar breaks down making all kinds of racket and the staff "fixes" it by hammering on it with a great deal of enthusiasm and noise. I wouldn't spend hours there but 30-45 minutes can be a bit of fun and it is air-conditioned. I was a little disappointed with the environment in GE as it didn't really feel as immersive as I thought it would but Oga's actually did make me feel like I was in an off-world bar. If your kids are into Star Wars, they may get a bit of a kick out of it.

We have done Oga's twice with a 3 and 5 year old and they loved it. We will be going back in a month. Yes, you do just get assigned a spot, yes we had to stand, and yes it is mostly drinks. However, our two loved the music and all the neat stuff around. They could sit beside the table while we finished our drinks and they loved the special drinks for them. We did wander around, just taking turns so we didn't vacate our spot just in case the cast thought we left. it is a fun little experience for Star Wars fans (the 5 year old is.)

I have not done it yet but I agree with the thoughts above. It is part of the experience. We are not building a $100 - 200 light saber or $100 droid so Im going to spend $30 on a few drinks. They have non alcoholic ones too....Oga's is part of the experience. so we plan to check it out....

Others have covered it well. I'm a BIG SW fan and went for the first time last month. WITH FP our wait was 40+ minutes. We *asked* to be seated as a member of our party has mobility issues. There were 3 of us and we were seated with a fun table of 5 other adults, 3 of whom were already half lit. it didn't bother us, but I don't know that I'd want young kids in that situation. The place is LOUD and crowded. I tended bar way back in college and the atmosphere isn't all *that* different. I'm glad I went but I'm in no hurry to return, especially with the wait. 45 minutes to stand outside then 45 to stand inside is too much for me YMMV.

_I_ wouldn't spend the time/effort to take kids the ages of yours there when there is so much else to be seen without the wait.

We did it last week for breakfast. We got there 15 min before our ADR to request a booth. When we were seated, we shared with another family and couple. We did the cinnamon buns (yum), nitro coffee drinks, and then a round of cocktails. As PP said 45 minutes is just about right. You are told to finish your service and pay before you wander to take pics. It was a good experience but one I would only do again on a walk up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter