Ogas cantina, are all reservations gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, can’t believe this happened. I usually check the news sites once a day to check for any updates regarding SWGE regarding any planning or bookings that might open. After seeing this around 3PM CST I tired to book at Olga’s and coudn’t find anything for any of our 2 trips in late Sept or late Oct. I’m even trying pretty much any dates and it seems sold out.

I can’t believe this slipped by me!!!
😡😠😡😠

I ended up waiting for 2 hours and 40 minutes. I was only looking for Oga’s, and told her I was open to any time from October 26th to November 1st....and nothing. ☹️ So I’m going to keep searching and sign up for the reservation thing on touring plans.

I have a trip in October and November. Got through to the droid building activity screen. I can find available times for almost ANY dates...except the 9 nights I’ll be at Disney.

Sorry, but that CANNOT possibly be correct. It’s like their IT sees my reservation and blocks me out. Bizarre. Really poor showing here by Disney. Of course it went smoothly at DL and won’t for WDW.

I just gotta say although not everÿone had success I think the website was much better without advance notice and everyone bombarding and overloading the server. Long wáit times? Yes! Website crashing? No!

Something is wrong with the droid screen. I can get Christmas and New Year’s Eve/day but NOTHING for an entire week? It says “something went wrong. Please try again” even though the day is “blue.”

Good luck to everyone else. 🤣

I just gotta say although not everÿone had success I think the website was much better without advance notice and everyone bombarding and overloading the server. Long wáit times? Yes! Website crashing? No!
But if something opens unannounced and is sold out in hours, it says to me that DW will not be like DL. It is going to be packed from Day 1.

And that there enough people like me with trips more than 180 days out but in their window to book who couldn’t get anything speaks volumes.

I just got reservations for the droid depot on November 9th. Couldn’t find anything available at Oga’s.

But if something opens unannounced and is sold out in hours, it says to me that DW will not be like DL. It is going to be packed from Day 1.

And that there enough people like me with trips more than 180 days out but in their window to book who couldn’t get anything speaks volumes.

I think people - like me - overbooked until we figure out from those going before us can tell us what the crowds are and will be like.

We aren’t going until the week of Dec. 9th but I was able to snag Oga’s For 7 at 3:55pm and Savi’s for 2 at 11am.

I got one for 2:40 on December 9th but could they really all be booked already? You only get 45 minutes and aren't guaranteed a seat. Hopefully more will open up and it's a glitch.

I think they handled it badly by not announcing it ahead of time. I suspect that people who happened to find out early had the opportunity to book multiple visits, whereas if they'd made an announcement and there were more people trying at 11:30 more groups would have gotten a time. I could have been online at 11:30--I was sitting in Starbucks working through an online training for work, and I absolutely could have taken a break if I'd known. Oh, well. I'll keep trying. It's not going to ruin our trip if we never get a time, but since we're not doing droids or lightsabers I was hoping we'd at least get to experience Oga's.

The one con to if they had announced is, if you think the website crashing was bad today, what do you think it would have been like if thousands more were trying at the same time? Bet more people would have been pissed off.

Don't think the owe it to us to announce when ADR's will be available to book. However I do think they should have said earlier on they will take reservations starting at some point in time, instead of this unknown

I think they handled it badly by not announcing it ahead of time.

I think it was smart of them to do it this way. If everyone knew about it and was on at the same time, there’s a likely chance the system would have completely crashed and been useless. This method spread out the traffic as more and more people found out throughout the day. The virtual queue worked well since everyone wasn’t on at the exact same time.

Booked droid depot for 12/6 and Savi’s for 12/7. Could not find any availability for Oga’s 12/6-9. Any chance they are holding back on ressies?

Wish I had seen this sooner.

I think it was smart of them to do it this way. If everyone knew about it and was on at the same time, there’s a likely chance the system would have completely crashed and been useless. This method spread out the traffic as more and more people found out throughout the day. The virtual queue worked well since everyone wasn’t on at the exact same time.
Does having reservations for Oga’s make folks think they will open up ADRs for the others?

well im pissed at myself for not knowing about this and I found that there is nothing for the days I will be there august 31-sept 8th. anyone know if there will be a walkup for savi's?

Managed to get two 9am Oga's for the 6th and 9th of September! I think I must have got in there pretty soon after it opened because I had no issues at all. We wanted to go early because we are all under 21's so aren't bothered about the alcoholic drinks but we're excited about all of the mocktails
If you want to cancel the one on the 6th please let me know. There was a glitch on the Canadian site and I couldn't even search for reservations until I could sit down and figure out to go on the US site, but of course by the time I figured that out they were all gone. We are heading there on the 6th at 5am anyway just in case we can't get in at any other time.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. The same amount of people would be complaining about servers and sites crashing if they announced it ahead of time and saying they should have just put them up without notice. It’s a no-win situation for Disney. Supply vs. demand.

This was the smarter play and more in line with how they usually act. They do the same thing with free dining and a bunch of other stuff.

If you want to cancel the one on the 6th please let me know. There was a glitch on the Canadian site and I couldn't even search for reservations until I could sit down and figure out to go on the US site, but of course by the time I figured that out they were all gone. We are heading there on the 6th at 5am anyway just in case we can't get in at any other time.
Planning on going both days as it stands right now. If our plans do change I’ll try to remember to PM you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter