Offsite Restaurant Recommendations

Another poster already mentioned one location of Kobe Japanese Steakhouse. It's a local chain, so you can visit whichever is nearest. I also like the healthy counter service place called Too Much Sauce.
Thanks so much for the recommendation. Always great to find something a little healthier too!

Subscribing. We had last looked at possible restaurants when planning our March 2020 trip, when we had marked a number of places on Google Maps to try (not that they served great food, but were cheaper options and had nostalgic value for us). Sad to see they are no longer there: Sweet Tomatoes, Fuddruckers, Cici's pizza.

We are planning a trip where we will be staying offsite near Marriott Word Center. There are just 2 adults travelling but we aren't looking for restaurants where we would need to dress up. We are also open to driving anywhere for a fun experience. What are your favorites? We are open to all options. We will be there for a couple of weeks so ordinary favorites are welcome as well.
If you're into seafood, Lee and Rick's Oyster Bar on Old Winter Garden Road has good seafood. Great if you're closer to Universal. From the outside you'd never think to go in. It's description on the website is perfect, No-frills spot dishing seafood and oysters amid a concrete raw bar and nautical decor accents.

I stay mostly offsite now, favorite is Marriott World and vicinity. I will just say THINK ABOUT LOCATION. Many places while they seem around the corner, with traffic are a pain in the neck and not worth the hassle. Look at your phone map for traffic before you head out. One accident could ruin one's evening.

Personally I would go no where close to Universal or up International past the Convention Center.

If you're into seafood, Lee and Rick's Oyster Bar on Old Winter Garden Road has good seafood. Great if you're closer to Universal. From the outside you'd never think to go in. It's description on the website is perfect, No-frills spot dishing seafood and oysters amid a concrete raw bar and nautical decor accents.
Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll add it to the list.

Seasons 52, Mama Della's (Universal Portofino), Shula's at the Dolphin, I would suggest Restaurant Row (Kirkman in Dr Phillips) it is where the locals go.

I stay mostly offsite now, favorite is Marriott World and vicinity. I will just say THINK ABOUT LOCATION. Many places while they seem around the corner, with traffic are a pain in the neck and not worth the hassle. Look at your phone map for traffic before you head out. One accident could ruin one's evening.

Personally I would go no where close to Universal or up International past the Convention Center.
Is it safe to assume traffic will be worst in the 4-6 pm time frame? Or perhaps the better question is when would traffic die down?

Is it safe to assume traffic will be worst in the 4-6 pm time frame? Or perhaps the better question is when would traffic die down?
Daytime (lunch) is likely okay but always buffer time. Every time I've tried later times (after 4 pm) I kick myself. I-4, International Blvd, Universal Blvd can be literal gridlock. Even going Palm Parkway route can be bad as you approach Sand Lake. Now if we are at Universal we might eat at City Walk in evening but it's usually so crowded we opt to leave.

Daytime (lunch) is likely okay but always buffer time. Every time I've tried later times (after 4 pm) I kick myself. I-4, International Blvd, Universal Blvd can be literal gridlock. Even going Palm Parkway route can be bad as you approach Sand Lake. Now if we are at Universal we might eat at City Walk in evening but it's usually so crowded we opt to leave.
Would be be similar on World Drive to Epcot Center drive (towards Orlando Vineland outlets)?

Would be be similar on World Drive to Epcot Center drive (towards Orlando Vineland outlets)?
It is always busy there but I've never had any issues with it. We stay all over in that area, and I think it's a great spot to be with access to plenty ... Disney, Disney Springs, Palm Parkway, International, 535 even south to 192. Very easy to move about. Will there be plenty of cars, sometimes but still easy enough.

We are planning a trip where we will be staying offsite near Marriott Word Center. There are just 2 adults travelling but we aren't looking for restaurants where we would need to dress up. We are also open to driving anywhere for a fun experience. What are your favorites? We are open to all options. We will be there for a couple of weeks so ordinary favorites are welcome as well.
BR77 Brazilian Steakhouse in Margaritaville was very good.

If you are willing to make the drive up to Universal We really like Cowfish at City Walk. It doesn't seem like it should work, but it does. Parking there is free after 6PM as long as you are not going on a concert or Halloween Horror night. We also thought the Kitchen Acoustic Brunch was pretty good, though a bit pricey, at the Hard Rock. Parking is free with restaurant validation there.
There is a Cowfish at one of the malls too.

We enjoyed Ford's Garage near Margaritaville resort. We were there on a Saturday evening and the was some live outdoor music going on in the area (there are several restaurants and entertainment places there).

Miller's Ale House is also a chain I have seen recommended.
We ate at Ford's in March, only problem is that they add on an additional fee for the decor. It's a percentage of the tab.

Not sure if anyone mentioned but the Cheesecake Factory in the Regency Village is great. This location is much better than the one by Universal. Also Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse on Westwood Blvd is fantastic and easy to drive to.

We ate at Ford's in March, only problem is that they add on an additional fee for the decor. It's a percentage of the tab.
How does this work? I have never heard of this, as I don’t expect you can opt out of seeing the decor.

Subscribing. We had last looked at possible restaurants when planning our March 2020 trip, when we had marked a number of places on Google Maps to try (not that they served great food, but were cheaper options and had nostalgic value for us). Sad to see they are no longer there: Sweet Tomatoes, Fuddruckers, Cici's pizza.
I know. I was so sad to see Sweet Tomatoes was closed.

They just add a percentage on to the bill. It is crazy!
And the line item says “decor”? It doesn’t seem legal to tack on extra costs to the bill. When they publish it on the menu, they can add on gratuity or these new “service fees” that I’ve read about in a few places, but unless they notify customers beforehand, I don’t see how they can get away with just adding on for decor. Crazy indeed!

And the line item says “decor”? It doesn’t seem legal to tack on extra costs to the bill. When they publish it on the menu, they can add on gratuity or these new “service fees” that I’ve read about in a few places, but unless they notify customers beforehand, I don’t see how they can get away with just adding on for decor. Crazy indeed!

I think it’s a gratuity not specifically for decor. Someone who has been could tell you for certain maybe I have never been but was thinking of going. I was reading reviews and saw they add on an automatic 20% gratuity.

I have no problem with a 20% tip, that’s pretty much my base tip and it goes up from there (or it can go down if it’s bad but it has to be pretty bad). However, I won’t eat there because I don’t like it being automatic. I’ve had that a couple times (not as a group) and feel that you don’t get as good of service because they know they are guaranteed a decent tip. This just happened to us at the Sugar Factory in Dallas. We got decent but pretty poor service, then got the bill and saw the automatic gratuity and it made sense why he didn’t care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter