Officiant Help

rphelps27

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! We are a few months away from our planning session for our April 4th Wedding and we need a little help.
We have booked the photographer (Regina Hyman) and the videographer (Trinity) but we can't decide on an Officiant. Any ideas?
We want a shorter ceremony maybe a reading and we are "Jumping the Broom" (an African American tradition). It doesn't have to be very religious. We have been on all the officiants' websites, but we just can't decide. Can anyone give us some advice on who to pick? Or even, what made you pick yours?
Thanks!

We used Rev. Randal Miller for our Vow Renewal. He made us feel very comfortable and I liked that he emailed us the ceremony in advance so we could make any tweeks. His communication was prompt too. Good luck in your decision!:goodvibes

We used Rev. Jack Day. I read several PJ's and their reviews and thats how I decided on him. He seemed very genuine, seemed to care about the couples he was marrying and accommodating with their requests. We were originally going to use Rev Tim Herring but when he wasn't so great at communicating I contacted Rev Jack instead. He was all we imagined him to be- sweet and genuine, like we'd known him for much longer than the 1 day we actually did. I custom wrote our ceremony and he had no issues with it and delivered it flawlessly. I really loved his southern drawl as well, I'm a sucker for an accent :) I believe I talked about him in my TR as well if you want to take a peek, I'm positive there are pictures of him too. The PJ that really made me want to use him was Michelle & Brandon's (OneSong). Her write up of their ceremony and Rev Jack amazed me. :goodvibes

Sounds like Rev. Miller would be a great choice. Does anyone have video of him doing a wedding or vow renewal? Thanks!

We're still deciding on if we're doing a DFTW or not, but my FI and I decided long before we got engaged that we wanted my best guy friend to be our officiant, whether it's in Orlando or here in Chicago. I've known him for sixteen years and since neither of us are particularly religious (I'm an atheist and he's having a crisis of faith), we decided that would be the best option for us. He got ordained online and it's recognized in Florida, so it would still be a legal marriage. We didn't want to hire some random to marry us.

Would something like that be an option for you guys? I know a lot of people have certain restrictions as to who can marry them and whatnot, but I thought I'd put that out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter